Author Topic: Dallas  (Read 47043 times)

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Dallas
« Reply #225 on: July 11, 2016, 05:10:34 PM »
There is an obvious difference between violence conducted by the state against its citizens than on citizen to citizen violence.  This isn't hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Dallas
« Reply #226 on: July 11, 2016, 05:13:19 PM »
Also, people march for dimes, against cancer etc.  people can commit to multiple causes that may or may not be maximally utilitarian.  Also true but irrelevant--- everyone dies eventually.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 11, 2016, 05:25:50 PM »
Also, people march for dimes, against cancer etc.  people can commit to multiple causes that may or may not be maximally utilitarian.  Also true but irrelevant--- everyone dies eventually.

DON'T THESE MARCH OF DIMES PEOPLE REALIZE DOLLARS ARE WORTH MORE

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 11, 2016, 05:28:12 PM »
I think wanting police to kill fewer people of a certain race is a worthy cause even if it isn't the leading cause of death for that race.

if a = xb + yb + etc and b = basal rate of homicide by cops, x =  multiplier for blacks, y = multiplier for whites and etc = the same for any other group you want to input, i don't really care if you are fixated on x, y, etc or b as long as you want to do something to reduce a.

and even with all that said, the fact that the murdered minnesota guy was stopped 52 or 62 or however many times it was in the recent past is a much bigger problem than the fact that he was shot on one of those occasions, as undramatic as that sounds.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 11, 2016, 05:41:41 PM »

DON'T THESE MARCH OF DIMES PEOPLE REALIZE DOLLARS ARE WORTH MORE
ALL Dimes matter

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 11, 2016, 05:51:18 PM »
There is an obvious difference between violence conducted by the state against its citizens than on citizen to citizen violence.  This isn't hard.

Of course there is a difference, but they are also related. If you really care about reducing black-on-black crime, and agree it is a far worse problem in terms of loss of life, then you ought to be focusing more on that and less on vilifying the very police you need to reduce that crime. You're right, this isn't hard. You're just not thinking deeply enough.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 11, 2016, 05:57:17 PM »

Of course there is a difference, but they are also related. If you really care about reducing black-on-black crime, and agree it is a far worse problem in terms of loss of life, then you ought to be focusing more on that and less on vilifying the very police you need to reduce that crime. You're right, this isn't hard. You're just not thinking deeply enough.

apparently it is hard for some

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
Dallas
« Reply #232 on: July 12, 2016, 08:38:28 AM »
Have not read this thread in its entirety, but why did they make the robot blow itself up to kill the bad guy? I think they should have given the robot a gun instead of a bomb.

Royals aren't gonna win 'em all

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 12, 2016, 08:41:45 AM »
#robotlivesmatter

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 12, 2016, 08:47:21 AM »
The word is the hero robot survived

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 12, 2016, 08:50:36 AM »
The word is the hero robot survived
If he did (and this isn't just some msm speculation) then I'll bet dollars to donuts that he/she/it will never be the same.

Wacky has it right. #RLM

Royals aren't gonna win 'em all

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 12, 2016, 10:00:02 AM »
The robot died, and for his valor he was awarded 72 virgin robots in heaven. 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 12, 2016, 10:48:20 AM »
Is it really a thing that people believe BLM cannot protest police violence until they protest/solve black on black crime?

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 12, 2016, 10:50:25 AM »
Is it really a thing that people believe BLM cannot protest police violence until they protest/solve black on black crime?

according to this thread it apparently is

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 12, 2016, 11:01:08 AM »

according to several morons in this thread it apparently is

fify

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: July 12, 2016, 11:15:08 AM »

but before BLM solves black-on-black crime, they need to find a cure for heart disease (the largest cause of death for AAs).

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 12, 2016, 11:40:49 AM »

"protest/solve" was an interesting connection!

No, I don't think BLM should be required to "solve" BOB crime before protesting police violence, but it would a be good idea to make BOB crime a more prominent issue in their protests, and for their protests to not facilitate more BOB crime by vilifying police and encouraging them to withdraw from heavily minority areas. You know, if they actually want to save black lives. But maybe that's not the point of BLM.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 12, 2016, 11:43:22 AM »
I think wanting police to kill fewer people of a certain race is a worthy cause even if it isn't the leading cause of death for that race.

if a = xb + yb + etc and b = basal rate of homicide by cops, x =  multiplier for blacks, y = multiplier for whites and etc = the same for any other group you want to input, i don't really care if you are fixated on x, y, etc or b as long as you want to do something to reduce a.

and even with all that said, the fact that the murdered minnesota guy was stopped 52 or 62 or however many times it was in the recent past is a much bigger problem than the fact that he was shot on one of those occasions, as undramatic as that sounds.
#mocat
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 12, 2016, 11:57:46 AM »

"protest/solve" was an interesting connection!

No, I don't think BLM should be required to "solve" BOB crime before protesting police violence, but it would a be good idea to make BOB crime a more prominent issue in their protests, and for their protests to not facilitate more BOB crime by vilifying police and encouraging them to withdraw from heavily minority areas. You know, if they actually want to save black lives. But maybe that's not the point of BLM.

your mind is kind of amazing

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 12, 2016, 12:02:24 PM »
I think what KSU is missing is that the police shootings usually go without prosecution or even reprimand.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 12, 2016, 12:06:43 PM »
I think what KSU is missing is that the police shootings usually go without prosecution or even reprimand.

well, he's missing a lot more than that, but it's a start

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 12, 2016, 12:15:35 PM »

KSUW is missing a lot. By choosing to take the name of the organization/movement "Black Lives Matter" hyper-literally, he's constructed a paradigm whereby he can alter the conversation by injecting talking points that distract from BLM's main issue (disproportionately unfair treatment at the hands of law enforcement). Of course, he (as an individual) isn't doing any of this, he's merely parroting talking points he's heard through various media sources.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 12, 2016, 12:24:30 PM »

Grand jury might acquit, but we can still shame them from our twitters!

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 12, 2016, 12:34:55 PM »
Are there statistics or studies that prove that blacks are treated unfairly at a disproportionate rate?  Genuinely curious. 

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #249 on: July 12, 2016, 12:37:02 PM »
KSU has made a number of valid points that not a single one of you have substantively responded to. The superficial responses fit into two categories: 1) you don't get it (while refusing to articulate "it"), or 2) we're allowed to believe whatever we want without criticism.

The actions of the blm movement as an anti-cop, disingenuous, violent hate group completely undermine the self serving Bullshit on the wiki page. Shooting the messenger doesn't cure that. If you were the criticizing party you'd be running around demanding that the actions be "condemned".
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd