Author Topic: Okay, I've seen enough of this Waters loser.  (Read 100423 times)

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: Okay, I've seen enough of this Waters loser.
« Reply #750 on: November 21, 2014, 10:40:07 AM »
@stevedave Because it's insane. He's setting a record for qb percentage at K-State, but we still can't figure out if he's good or not yet. :lol:
Well if you want to talk completion percentage, you should understand that Alex Smith ranks 53 spots higher than John Elway on the all time NFL list
:adios:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: November 21, 2014, 10:42:03 AM »
@stevedave Because it's insane. He's setting a record for qb percentage at K-State, but we still can't figure out if he's good or not yet. :lol:
Well if you want to talk completion percentage, you should understand that Alex Smith ranks 53 spots higher than John Elway on the all time NFL list
By any passing metric, Waters is playing extremely well (and did last night too).

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: November 21, 2014, 10:42:48 AM »
The run game was crap because WVU was selling out to stop it. This opened up the pass game, and Waters was good enough to take what the defense was giving him. That's not to say Waters is bad, just that the lack of a running game didn't really make things harder for him. A poor running game only makes things harder on the QB when it allows the defense to play the pass.
This guy...

How often does Jake Waters throw for 400 yards when the running game is working?

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: November 21, 2014, 10:43:36 AM »
I am happy that Jake is our QB. Is he the best we've ever had? No. But the Cats are 14-3 in their last 17 games and he's been a big part of that.

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: November 21, 2014, 10:50:28 AM »
Just read this over at ESECPN:

"With the running game stagnating again, K-State had to rely on Jake Waters for offense. And again, Waters delivered, completing 22 of 34 passes for a career-high 400 yards and a touchdown. Waters has been the model of consistency this year, throwing for at least 200 yards in every game with only five interceptions. After Snyder, Waters is as big a reason as any for why the Wildcats remain alive in the Big 12 title race. With Trevone Boykin and Bryce Petty also in the league, Waters probably won’t earn All-Big 12 honors. But he’s performed at an All-Big 12 level all year, including Thursday night."

They seem to really like Jake.

Link to article: http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/92962/analyzing-k-state-west-virginia

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: November 21, 2014, 10:51:13 AM »
The run game was crap because WVU was selling out to stop it. This opened up the pass game, and Waters was good enough to take what the defense was giving him. That's not to say Waters is bad, just that the lack of a running game didn't really make things harder for him. A poor running game only makes things harder on the QB when it allows the defense to play the pass.
This guy...

How often does Jake Waters throw for 400 yards when the running game is working?
Yards should not be a metric, game was extended by inability to burn clock. 
The lower the rushing total the better the QB rating is really your point here is it?
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: November 21, 2014, 10:53:49 AM »
This guy...

Yards should not be a metric, game was extended by inability to burn clock. 
The lower the rushing total the better the QB rating is really your point here is it?

No, it really depends on why the rushing yards are low. If the defense is selling out with a bear front and run blitzes to stop the run, you should have a good day passing. If the defense is just running a base 4-2-5 and you can't run, you probably aren't going to be able to pass, either.

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: November 21, 2014, 10:57:22 AM »
Which is why we shouldn't be so worried about the run game based on the WVU game. We gashed them passing. That game should have been a blowout with their stupid defensive philosophy, we just didn't convert in the endzone like we should. If anything, we need to address why we can't convert in the redzone with passing.

Offline PIPE

• Katpak'r
  • Always a pessimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: November 21, 2014, 10:57:30 AM »
What a bunch of losers in this thread.

Can't run the ball.....blame Waters
Offense can't call a play worth a damn in the red zone (looking at you Dimel, you dumbass).......blame Waters
Hurt his shoulder after like a 50 yard run, went on to win at OU.......blame Waters (shouldn't have a huge guy land on you like that)
RB's dance around at the line.....blame Waters
RB's are slow as Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) turtles....blame Waters
OL is awful......blame Waters

Repeat....repeat ......repeat......eff this thread and the people in it :flush: :flush: :flush: :sdeek: :sdeek: :facepalm:

Also, anyone notice how Snyder has a twitch w/ his mouth......that's Waters fault too........

Awaiting the inevitable KITN

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: November 21, 2014, 10:57:54 AM »
I think it's okay to be concerned when the offense is so 1 dimensional.  Even if they do that 1 dimension really well.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: November 21, 2014, 10:58:32 AM »
Bill would definitely not have a nervous twitch if our QB could run, imo.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: November 21, 2014, 11:04:12 AM »
Which is why we shouldn't be so worried about the run game based on the WVU game. We gashed them passing. That game should have been a blowout with their stupid defensive philosophy, we just didn't convert in the endzone like we should. If anything, we need to address why we can't convert in the redzone with passing.

Yes. Dana's plan worked, really. Despite having 400 yards passing, we only scored 1 offensive TD. If we would have done a better job getting into the endzone, WVU probably would have changed what they were doing defensively, which would have opened up the run game. It's not all Jake's fault. There were some penalties, drops, etc., but I would have been a whole lot more impressed if Jake would have had 200 yards and 3 touchdowns vs 400 yards and 1 touchdown.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: November 21, 2014, 11:12:00 AM »
4th best QB is average in a 10 team league. :dunno:

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #763 on: November 21, 2014, 11:16:31 AM »

catzacker

« Reply #764 on: November 21, 2014, 11:19:36 AM »
Jake is a very good, but not great, passer.  He is below average in the qb run game. A large part (50%?) of our rushing issues are tied to him being below average in the qb run game. He's also a large reason (50%?) why our passing game (sans scoring) is very good.  We won't win anything of any substance if our run game sucks.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: November 21, 2014, 11:20:49 AM »
The only thing I can tell from that graphic is that our Jake Waters isn't very different from Heisman Trophy winner Jameis Winston.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: November 21, 2014, 11:24:24 AM »
The only thing I can tell from that graphic is that our Jake Waters isn't very different from Heisman Trophy winner Jameis Winston.

and worse than clint trickett :sdeek:

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: November 21, 2014, 11:27:30 AM »
Can we be honest here? If the WR position didn't exist, Waters would be mumped! #soblessed #gopurple

really enjoying going back and reading last nights gems
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: November 21, 2014, 11:30:18 AM »
That Kenny Hill data point!

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: November 21, 2014, 11:31:32 AM »
Well that just makes me happy.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: November 21, 2014, 11:31:51 AM »
Can we be honest here? If the WR position didn't exist, Waters would be mumped! #soblessed #gopurple

really enjoying going back and reading last nights gems
:D

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #771 on: November 21, 2014, 11:35:19 AM »
FYI that graphic has only the top 40 in terms of comp %. 

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: November 21, 2014, 11:54:20 AM »
65 completion %
275 pass yds a game
1 real Turnover (turnover on last play of game last night is meaningless)
Team is 6-1 in conference games

I will take these numbers from my starting QB at K-State any day thru 7 Big12 games.  The guy was the best player on the field in our comeback win over Isu.  As our starting QB, he helped us win in Norman (very hard to do) and helped us win in Morgantown (Baylor didn't, Tcu barely did)

We have won 14 of our last 17 games. We probably win the Auburn game if not for a rare drop TD by Lockett and 3 missed FGs.   Our defense was helpless last year vs Ou, and 265 passing yds and 3TDs in the 1st half weren't even enough to keep us in that game.

He's not as good as Bishop, Klein or Ell.  But then again 2 of those 3 were Heisman finalists. 

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: November 21, 2014, 12:01:25 PM »
What's crazy is that Jake was starting to appear on Heisman lists the week before the TCU game. They don't mention you there if you are subpar that late in the season. You reverse the outcome of the TCU game and we are in the top 3 and Jake is in the top 3 for Heisman. Crazy what one bad performance can do to a team and one player's rep.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: November 21, 2014, 12:08:18 PM »
everyone wants him to be better, something even Jake would agree to

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.