Author Topic: KSU MBB Preview 14-15  (Read 4813 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: KSU MBB Preview 14-15
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2014, 02:04:58 PM »
ya i just don't know how he can start three 6'6" guys at the 3-5 in league play when we have at least one capable 7" kat on the roster. 
#mysteries of oscar

/^\   

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2014, 02:30:52 PM »
Hurt is very shitty at blocking shots for being so tall and having been going against weak competition.  Maybe because he's fat.  Will make it easier for oscar to sit him.  My dossies always say that if height doesn't produce then that dog won't hunt now will it. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2014, 02:33:14 PM »
Hurt is very shitty at blocking shots for being so tall and having been going against weak competition.  Maybe because he's fat.  Will make it easier for oscar to sit him.  My dossies always say that if height doesn't produce then that dog won't hunt now will it. 

if what your dossier says is true about hurt, then he's not a capable player which was very clearly something my dossier highlighted as being a requirement

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2014, 02:43:00 PM »
Look sometimes dossies get boners over things like height and other dossies need to be consulted to straighten out that first, inferior-grade dossie.  It happens all the time in the dossie game. 

Doesn't sound like you've got much of a dossier on Hurt, if you don't mind my saying so.  More like a guessier.
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2014, 03:58:33 PM »
Nigel Johnson will be our PG and he'll continue to be a BAMF! #Protip #AllProAnalysis #GetSome

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2014, 04:03:54 PM »
SEASON   TEAM   MIN   FGM-FGA   FG%   3PM-3PA   3P%   FTM-FTA   FT%   REB   AST   BLK   STL   PF    TO    PTS
2013-14   KSU   13.8    1.4-3.7     .369      0.6-2.1   .274    0.8-1.2    .676    1.5    1.6    0.0    0.8    1.3    0.9   4.1

:Yuck:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2014, 04:12:02 PM »
SEASON   TEAM   MIN   FGM-FGA   FG%   3PM-3PA   3P%   FTM-FTA   FT%   REB   AST   BLK   STL   PF    TO    PTS
2013-14   KSU   13.8    1.4-3.7     .369      0.6-2.1   .274    0.8-1.2    .676    1.5    1.6    0.0    0.8    1.3    0.9   4.1

:Yuck:
:nono: 'shopped!

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2014, 09:59:22 AM »
Go purples at #23.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/24769959/kentucky-is-no-1-in-cbssportscom-preseason-top-25-and-one

Projected starting lineup this season:
G: Jevon Thomas
G: Marcus Foster
G: Hopper
F: Westicles
F: Thomas Gipson

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2014, 10:01:10 AM »
I seriously don't think KU is going to be that great this year. I'm not gE'ing either.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2014, 10:02:23 AM »

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2014, 10:08:51 AM »
I seriously don't think KU is going to be that great this year. I'm not gE'ing either.

They will be better than last season.  Alexander and Oubre combined with what they bring back is really rough ridin' good.  I also think that second-year Mason and Frankamp with a freshman Graham is better than first-year Mason and Frankamp with a junior Tharpe. 

I don't know what you mean by that great though. 

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2014, 10:28:38 AM »
ya, if at this point you don't think ku is going to be really good every year then i don't know what to tell you.  but- KU SUCKS.
more talented this year

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2014, 10:32:50 AM »
I don't know guys, it's just my gut feeling. I could be wrong tho. I have been for 10 years straight.  ;)

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2014, 10:42:32 AM »

They will be better than last season.  Alexander and Oubre combined with what they bring back is really rough ridin' good.  I also think that second-year Mason and Frankamp with a freshman Graham is better than first-year Mason and Frankamp with a junior Tharpe. 

I am not sure they will get the kind of play out those 3 they got from Tharpe, especially on the road.  Tharpe was amazing in the wins @OU, @ISU and @BU.  Bill is an amazing coach but his best teams have had either a creator on the perimeter like Sherron or had a ton of upperclassmen that could really run the offense like the Morri team or the one that got beat by UK in the title game.  I don't think this team has either, just like last years didn't when Tharpe played poorly.

I see this years KU team as very similar to last year - maybe a little better on offense due to better shooting but at least a similar step back on D.  Wiggins and Embid were defensive freaks of nature and they have the personnel to replace what Embid gave them but there is a big hole replacing Wiggins as an elite perimeter defender.  Oubre sounds like a somewhat similar physical talent but no where near the desire to be a defender like Wiggins had.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2014, 10:42:59 AM »
I don't know guys, it's just my gut feeling. I could be wrong tho. I have been for 10 years straight.  ;)

Where does your gut have them?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2014, 10:44:30 AM »

Where does your gut have them?
I think Texas finishes ahead of them for some reason. This league should beat each other up pretty well this year.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2014, 01:29:43 PM »
KU's going to win the Big 12. They may tie with someone, but they'll still get a claim. It's dumb not to think so at this point.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2014, 01:31:32 PM »
KU's going to win the Big 12. They may tie with someone, but they'll still get a claim. It's dumb not to think so at this point.
You're really swinging for the fences here, Stevesie.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2014, 01:36:17 PM »
You're really swinging for the fences here, Stevesie.

Not trying to predict something crazy, just trying to predict what's actual going to happen.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2014, 03:16:31 PM »

I am not sure they will get the kind of play out those 3 they got from Tharpe, especially on the road.  Tharpe was amazing in the wins @OU, @ISU and @BU.  Bill is an amazing coach but his best teams have had either a creator on the perimeter like Sherron or had a ton of upperclassmen that could really run the offense like the Morri team or the one that got beat by UK in the title game.  I don't think this team has either, just like last years didn't when Tharpe played poorly.

I see this years KU team as very similar to last year - maybe a little better on offense due to better shooting but at least a similar step back on D.  Wiggins and Embid were defensive freaks of nature and they have the personnel to replace what Embid gave them but there is a big hole replacing Wiggins as an elite perimeter defender.  Oubre sounds like a somewhat similar physical talent but no where near the desire to be a defender like Wiggins had.

Are you rough ridin' kidding me right now?  It feels like I'm being kidded.  Tharpe was amazing in three wins?  Three (I'm doing an Al Sharpton thing here) wins?  How about when he was crap that was eaten and then crap out again in the losses to Villanova, Florida, SDSU, Texas, OSU and WVU?  Good lord there is no rough ridin' way those other three won't be as good or better over the course of an entire season. 

FURTHERMORE, last season was Self's worst at KU in terms of AdjD.  That was his shittiest defensive team ever during kenpom's rankings (@Illinois and @KU).  He isn't going to follow that up with another worst ever.  I don't give two shits if Embiid and Wiggins are gone.  What they brought to the table individually did not result in good team defense.  Addition by subtraction.  Self teams play good defense and that one didn't (comparatively).  It was them not him. 

They will be better on offense and defense next year and are going to kick many dicks off as per usual on their way to a conference champy. 

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2014, 03:49:03 PM »

Are you rough ridin' kidding me right now?  It feels like I'm being kidded.  Tharpe was amazing in three wins?  Three (I'm doing an Al Sharpton thing here) wins?  How about when he was crap that was eaten and then crap out again in the losses to Villanova, Florida, SDSU, Texas, OSU and WVU?  Good lord there is no rough ridin' way those other three won't be as good or better over the course of an entire season. 
These 3 wins are what won them the conference last year, Tharpe shoooting 21/29 (9/13 from 3) will be very tough to replace and could mean they are down in a 12-4/11-5 scrap.

FURTHERMORE, last season was Self's worst at KU in terms of AdjD.  That was his shittiest defensive team ever during kenpom's rankings (@Illinois and @KU).  He isn't going to follow that up with another worst ever.  I don't give two shits if Embiid and Wiggins are gone.  What they brought to the table individually did not result in good team defense.  Addition by subtraction.  Self teams play good defense and that one didn't (comparatively).  It was them not him. 

They will be better on offense and defense next year and are going to kick many dicks off as per usual on their way to a conference champy.
I think we are going to have to accept D's like last year are the new normal for Bill in the 1 and done era

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2014, 03:59:07 PM »
I just gave you six games that Tharpe's rough ridin' terrible shitshow play cost them and you give me three back.  He only wins them games, but doesn't lose them any?  Are you okay? 

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2014, 04:00:32 PM »
Bill Self is going to kick Skipper44's dick right out the back of his ass.  He's practically begging for it. 

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2014, 04:08:31 PM »

I think we are going to have to accept D's like last year are the new normal for Bill in the 1 and done era

The one-and-done era began in 2005.  Self's AdjD during that time frame: 3, 1, 1, 9, 9, 11, 3, 5 and 31. :Wha:

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2014, 10:41:18 PM »
I just gave you six games that Tharpe's rough ridin' terrible shitshow play cost them and you give me three back.  He only wins them games, but doesn't lose them any?  Are you okay?
are we not talking big 12 play itt? Do you think Roy > Bill because of his great record in the preseason NIT?  And who gives a good goddamn about pissing away a game or 2 at lower divison teams, Bill's good for at least one of those a year.

I'd be a lot better if that bad person at 3rd had not given Gordon the stop sign