Author Topic: KSU MBB Preview 14-15  (Read 4744 times)

Offline DFWHoopster

• Fan
    • View Profile
KSU MBB Preview 14-15
« on: October 27, 2014, 04:50:03 PM »
Hello KSU fans.  I'm one of the moderators on Baylor's 247 Sports site and I enjoy talking Big12 basketball.  I write a preview of every team in the Big12 and wanted to share my KSU preview. 

Would love your feedback on this- especially areas that you think need to be corrected (poorly informed)

http://baylor.247sports.com/Article/Kansas-State-MBB-Preview-14-15-32319338

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
Re: KSU MBB Preview 14-15
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 04:51:59 PM »
Outlook is incorrect, should read 40-0. The canadian (not drake) will make sure of this.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 04:54:07 PM »
have you seen our new videoboard? we cant lose with that kind of scoreboard. its incredible.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 04:59:33 PM »
1. On paper replacing Will Spradling and Shane Southwell doesn't seem like a big deal. But those two guys were the heart and soul of KSU basketball for the last 3 years. They were smart, tough players who helped them win a lot of close games. Will KSU maintain their toughness without them?

I don't know that I'd call Shane and Will the heart and soul of the team.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 05:06:09 PM »

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 05:08:59 PM »
5. Last year, the conference officials said they were going to clean up the holding, hand checking and restraining freedom of movement. During non-conference play and the NCAA tournament, the officials seemed to place a strong emphasis on this. During Big12 play, officials let most of that go. This benefits guys like Gipson and Johnson inside. The Big12 has stated that they plan to revisit this emphasis again this year in conference play. How does the rule change affect Gipson and Johnson inside? They are physical players who don't have the quickest feet. With the emphasis on cleaning up hand checking and physical play when an offensive player has the ball, does this diminsh their effectiveness?

:bang: What?

Offline uncle clean jeans

• hygienic role model
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2014, 05:09:43 PM »
did not read but that photo of oscar looks half cyborg, half reptile which is pretty neat i guess. would be interesting to have a quick (or preferably very long) write up on that new videoboard as well. keep up the good work

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2014, 05:13:39 PM »
The straight to bottom reading method reveals that this guy thinks we are 9-9 conference trash. 

I don't feel like I can take this crap seriously.   :dunno:

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2014, 07:30:04 PM »
They project Hopper as the starting PG. Wtf.

On a side note, can you imagine how good we would be if we still had Angel?

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2014, 07:32:53 PM »
my dossier on Baylor has the bears winning 5 conference games this season.  yes, you read that correctly, five conference wins for Baylor.

the biggest problem I have with this team is their lack of a consistent scorer

secondly, this team has shown to lack an enforcer in the paint.  someone physical, without quick feet, but strong

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2014, 08:44:44 PM »

oh man  :frown:

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2014, 12:35:32 AM »
The new guy says:  I'm one of the moderators on Baylor's 247 Sports site

I say: If you're not a mod here, you're not a mod.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2014, 09:23:56 AM »

It says Jevon now. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2014, 09:27:00 AM »
6-4 200 lbs Hopper (JR)

Edwards had to sit out the 2013-14 season per transfer rules. He will have two years of eligibility starting this year. He comes from Maine University where he averaged 17 points; 5 rebounds and 3 assists. He's a Canadian and has a reputation for changing schools too much- Mark McLaughlin who signed with Baylor in 2009 is a guy that comes to mind here. But he is really talented and should be a high impact guy over the next two years if he can stay out of trouble and content at KSU.

Super duper :opcat:
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2014, 10:12:50 AM »
Thanks for thinking of us and coming to the source of emaw BB knowledge. Did not read, because realistically what is a Baylor fan going to contribute of worth about on-the-floor basketball? Now if it was about how to buy recruits under the NCAA radar, I'd not only read but tack to Weber's door.
My advice, tho, is if you don't have the Cats with 28+ wins and at least a share of the title, you need to erase everything and start again.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2014, 10:15:09 AM »
DJamer is out for the season you stupid face

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2014, 11:27:17 AM »

It says Jevon now.

That's a little better. I think the starting 5 will end up being Nigel/Jevon, Edwards, Foster, Westicles, and Gip. With Westicles adding a good amount of weight, I think they play him as a stretch 4 like Southwell played.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2014, 12:04:02 PM »
I think you have to get Edwards and Foster on the floor at the same time. I hope we can get them into roles of both being comboguards and neither being a true PG.

Offline DFWHoopster

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2014, 12:18:46 PM »
aren't you all a surly bunch? 

1.  Thanks for the info on DJamer- had not heard that.  On the surface, that seems like a pretty big blow.  Need Hurt to step up big. 

2.  You think they would go with Westicles at the 4?  That would be a tough match-up for KSU defensively against a lot of teams.  I would think Nino Williams gets the nod there due to experience, defense and rebounding. 

3.  If Jevon can't provide enough offense to keep defenses honest, don't you think Weber will go Edwards, Foster and Westicles to combine with Gipson and Williams?  I changed it to Jevon as the starter and Edwards coming off the bench but I would think your best 5 will be Edwards, Foster, Westicles, Williams, Gipson.   

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2014, 12:22:59 PM »

1.  Thanks for the info on DJamer- had not heard that.  On the surface, that seems like a pretty big blow.  Need Hurt to step up big. 

2. You think they would go with Westicles at the 4?  That would be a tough match-up for KSU defensively against a lot of teams.  I would think Nino Williams gets the nod there due to experience, defense and rebounding. 

3.  If Jevon can't provide enough offense to keep defenses honest, don't you think Weber will go Edwards, Foster and Westicles to combine with Gipson and Williams?  I changed it to Jevon as the starter and Edwards coming off the bench but I would think your best 5 will be Edwards, Foster, Westicles, Williams, Gipson.   

We did the same thing with Southwell. Westicles with his added weight is a better matchup defensively against 4's than Southwell was.

Offline DFWHoopster

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2014, 12:37:07 PM »

2. You think they would go with Westicles at the 4?  That would be a tough match-up for KSU defensively against a lot of teams.  I would think Nino Williams gets the nod there due to experience, defense and rebounding. 

We did the same thing with Southwell. Westicles with his added weight is a better matchup defensively against 4's than Southwell was.

Makes sense- thanks

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2014, 12:37:53 PM »
Westicles will probably almost exclusively play the 4

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2014, 01:08:50 PM »
I think the starting lineup will be the same as last season with Edwards swapped in for Spradling.  So Foster, Edwards, Wes, Nino and Gip.  Nino will still get shitty minutes just like last season, and Wes will split time between the 3 and 4. 

If the light really went on for Jevon in the off-season, then I could see him knocking Nino out of the lineup and Wes shifting to the starting 4.  He's really rough ridin' terrible at shooting though, so I doubt it.  If Hurt isn't a big fat pud then I could also see him supplanting Nino with he and Gip starting in the frontcourt and Wes still at the 3.

If Malek is similarly talented to Wes, then I could see Nino not really playing much at all. 

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2014, 01:35:34 PM »
i don't know how we don't start hurt unless he rough ridin' sucks.  which would be sweet if he did.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2014, 01:50:00 PM »
The dossie that I just cracked open here in front of myself right this moment says that oscar has never gone with two extra beefy paint monsters in his starting lineup.  Ever.  :eek:  That's why they play the game though, folks.  :Carl:

This other dossie that I have says that oscar prefers a stretch 4 man and that it is a powerful strong preference.  :gocho:

Anyway, go cats!  :bball: