Author Topic: State your expectations for the season here:  (Read 23893 times)

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: State your expectations for the season here:
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2014, 02:06:50 PM »
So the Royals will be ending their season right about the time K-State baskeball is starting? I may never be fully invested in football season this year.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2014, 02:22:13 PM »
So the Royals will be ending their season right about the time K-State baskeball is starting? I may never be fully invested in football season this year.

just think if sams was still here though

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2014, 02:24:06 PM »
Hopeful for Top 3 and Sweet 16.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2014, 02:31:51 PM »

just think if sams was still here though
:frown:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2014, 05:41:57 PM »
how people don't care if we even win a single game in the tournament is beyond me.

Yeah, this.

Making tourney runs is great. See 2010.

Of course it's great. But coaches shouldn't be judged for their performance in a single elimination tournament. If oscar is getting us into the tournament every year, he's doing fine, and anything beyond that is just gravy.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2014, 05:49:27 PM »
how people don't care if we even win a single game in the tournament is beyond me.

Yeah, this.

Of course it's great. But coaches shouldn't be judged for their performance in a single elimination tournament. If oscar is getting us into the tournament every year, he's doing fine, and anything beyond that is just gravy.
He needs to get us in the position to makes runs, i.e. getting a good seed.

Offline BostonPancake

• Katpak'r
  • I'm all about the T in TSC.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2014, 06:14:31 PM »
Go undefeated at home.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2014, 06:18:50 PM »

Yeah, this.

I think if you're getting into the tourney every year those seasons will happen on their own. No one gets in as a ten seed every year with any consistency.

So basically, my requirements aren't that different than yours, I just don't worry about year to year specifics or judge an entire season (or career) based on the results of one or two games

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2014, 06:24:06 PM »

Yeah, this.

I think if you're getting into the tourney every year those seasons will happen on their own. No one gets in as a ten seed every year with any consistency.

So basically, my requirements aren't that different than yours, I just don't worry about year to year specifics or judge an entire season (or career) based on the results of one or two games

my post season expectations for this year are based on the fact that he didn't win a game last year or the year before. sooner or later we need to win a game or two.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2014, 06:27:27 PM »

Yeah, this.

my post season expectations for this year are based on the fact that he didn't win a game last year or the year before. sooner or later we need to win a game or two.

I get it, it just isn't that important to me because I don't think it's a good way tot judge the coach or direction of the program. I'm fine with it being important to you, though.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2014, 06:41:02 PM »
my expectation is that they entertain me (in a good way)

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2014, 08:43:12 PM »

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2014, 10:09:49 PM »
Who, besides KU, is good or good enough that finishing 3rd is acceptable, given what we return? the Drews? Hoibergs?

Also, I really dislike people that don't put any weight on what we do in conference.

Are you serious? 

OU will be good, ISU will be good, UT will be good.  You know, the teams we finished behind last year.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2014, 10:39:42 PM »
I expect us to be good and spend a considerable amount of time in the top 25. The conference is pretty sucky, so we'll win that. Hopefully, we advance far in the tournament
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

catzacker

« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2014, 06:29:32 AM »
Who, besides KU, is good or good enough that finishing 3rd is acceptable, given what we return? the Drews? Hoibergs?

Also, I really dislike people that don't put any weight on what we do in conference.

Are you serious? 

OU will be good, ISU will be good, UT will be good.  You know, the teams we finished behind last year.

I guess I expect us to get better (given what we return) and ISU and OU to not be as good (given what they lost). UT, I suppose.  forgot about myles turner. 

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2014, 07:44:51 AM »

Yeah, this.

I get it, it just isn't that important to me because I don't think it's a good way tot judge the coach or direction of the program. I'm fine with it being important to you, though.

Well at some point to have to win in the tournament.  I mean, the tournament is the only thing that matters in college basketball.  Why on earth would  you not judge a coached based on the tournament?  I'm fine with it not mattering to you but it really needs to matter to you because I'm not fine with it.

Offline Unruly

• Oh so Unruly.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2014, 08:11:41 AM »
I expect us to do work.

SON
:dance:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2014, 08:17:15 AM »

Are you serious? 

I guess I expect us to get better (given what we return) and ISU and OU to not be as good (given what they lost). UT, I suppose.  forgot about myles turner. 

what is it that you think we return?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2014, 08:58:14 AM »

Are you serious? 

The Big 12's best player, Marcus Foster.

catzacker

« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2014, 09:14:59 AM »

Are you serious? 

4/5 starters, one of which is preseason all big 12.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 10, 2014, 09:37:20 AM »
Well at some point to have to win in the tournament.  I mean, the tournament is the only thing that matters in college basketball.  Why on earth would  you not judge a coached based on the tournament?

Small sample size and your performance is basically a crapshoot.

I mean, if it's all that matters, why would you accept anything less than winning the whole damn thing?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 10, 2014, 09:44:57 AM »
My expectations are that we beat KU and don't rush the court. I know it's fun and all, but it should be an expectation by now.  :gocho:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 10, 2014, 10:01:35 AM »

Are you serious? 

4/5 starters, one of which is preseason all big 12.

come on, lets do this

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 10, 2014, 12:31:14 PM »

Are you serious? 

I could see ISU being really good that have a lot of pieces that have a chance to be really good players, one thing that they don't have that Fred has always is quality amount of good shooters. They are changing their offense this year because of that. This could be Fred's most athletic team, maybe they finally defend.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 10, 2014, 04:46:39 PM »
My same expectations I've had since we had Frank, challenge for regular conference title, win at least one tourny conference game, and make it to the second weekend of NCAAs. FWIW I was totally down on last year's team before we even played a game, I'm that up about this year's team. I haven't been this excited for a basketball season since 2011.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla