Author Topic: NEWS BREAKING NEWS!  (Read 15193 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: NEWS BREAKING NEWS!
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2013, 04:29:51 PM »
Imagine that, a good basketball program playing a slightly above average non-conference schedule, with exactly one tough true away game.

Colorado matches up horribly to KU.

Wake Forest sucks.

I don't want to argue, but many analysts claim that's the toughest non-con in the country this year.

that's because it is. KU isn't afraid to play anyone...Kstate football on the other hand.....(Oregon)

Rice
South Dakota
La Tech

Snyder is famous for scheduling cake walks
How has that worked out for him historically, butthurthawk?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2013, 04:31:09 PM »
Oh man, imagine that, ku basketball fans talking about scheduling.

:confused:

KU's non-con next year includes Duke, Florida, Georgetown, New Mexico, San Diego State, etc.  If you're trying to imply that KU's non-con schedules have traditionally been poor, that's just simply not true.

No, Spracne/Deep Nylon/Tom Light implying that K-State's schedule is a cake walk all the way through.  It isn't.

I said no such thing!  I just think that in late December, many KSU fans will look at the record and think, "Hey, that's not too shabby!"  If we played your schedule, there would be a few games I would consider potential trap games.  With our schedule, there are at least 3 games I feel we could easily lose.  Our schedule this year is tougher than yours, I don't think that needs to be argued.  Deal with it :don'tcare:

p.s.  You got me, TomLight in the flesh(light).  When I'm not running the Phog (which is all the time), I like to hang up my spurs at gE.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2013, 04:36:38 PM »
I just think that in late December, many KSU fans will look at the record and think, "Hey, that's not too shabby!" 

Regardless of the record, me and most of the KSU fans I associate with will be saying "lol, we suck" and the others will be saying "we're gonna be great, especially now with Will getting to play shooting guard."

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2013, 04:39:34 PM »
I just think that in late December, many KSU fans will look at the record and think, "Hey, that's not too shabby!" 

Regardless of the record, me and most of the KSU fans I associate with will be saying "lol, we suck" and the others will be saying "we're gonna be great, especially now with Will getting to play shooting guard."

Finally done playing out of position.  Will's career should be judged on the last semester of his last year, rather than the previous 7 semesters because of that damn need to play him out of position.   He is a saint.  One that sacrificed his own development into an elite shooting guard for the betterment of the team that needed him.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2013, 04:39:42 PM »
To be fair, the end of the first semester has always been when kids that are ineligible for a semester start playing, so ppl that thought it would be the beginning of the second semester are dumbasses.
I was one of those dumbasses because JT is an unusual case as he his mid year academic instead of the usual mid year transfer type.  I can't recall a similar situation and was just going with the worst case.

my guess is at least 3 losses before JT is playing, could be 4 depending on how the PR tourny breaks.  Weber had some horrible noncon losses once Bill's guys were gone from Illinois and the tuck meltdown when we lose to South Dakota or Troy is one of the few things I am looking forward to this season.
:facepalm: oscar is traditionally very good at not dropping games to lesser team in non-con. If you are going to take shot at him, take one that makes sense.

MN, I'm not sure if you have heard the new breaking news, but Will Spradling is going to be our starting point guard until Dec 21st.
I don't think we going to loss to Troy or South Dakota.  :dunno:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2013, 04:41:00 PM »
To be fair, the end of the first semester has always been when kids that are ineligible for a semester start playing, so ppl that thought it would be the beginning of the second semester are dumbasses.
I was one of those dumbasses because JT is an unusual case as he his mid year academic instead of the usual mid year transfer type.  I can't recall a similar situation and was just going with the worst case.

my guess is at least 3 losses before JT is playing, could be 4 depending on how the PR tourny breaks.  Weber had some horrible noncon losses once Bill's guys were gone from Illinois and the tuck meltdown when we lose to South Dakota or Troy is one of the few things I am looking forward to this season.
:facepalm: oscar is traditionally very good at not dropping games to lesser team in non-con. If you are going to take shot at him, take one that makes sense.

MN, I'm not sure if you have heard the new breaking news, but Will Spradling is going to be our starting point guard until Dec 21st.
I don't think we going to loss to Troy or South Dakota.  :dunno:

I don't think we are going to loss to those two either, a few of the others, though......

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2013, 04:46:32 PM »

10-11
UI-C

09-10
Bradley

07-08
Tenn State

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2013, 04:49:31 PM »

Finally done playing out of position.  Will's career should be judged on the last semester of his last year, rather than the previous 7 semesters because of that damn need to play him out of position.   He is a saint.  One that sacrificed his own development into an elite shooting guard for the betterment of the team that needed him.
Will has a serious problem, he is god awful at catching and shooting. But on the other hand he is very good at shooting off the bounce but lacks the ball handling skills to be effective. He has inadequate skill set for this level, most likely he will look amazing at  playing mid-majors at the point. But we all know he is going to completely fall off. He has been college far too long to suddenly become an elite shooter coming off screens. 

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2013, 04:52:58 PM »

10-11
UI-C

09-10
Bradley

07-08
Tenn State
Congrats at finding three losses in 7 years. To be fair though UI-C and Tenn State both were really really bad teams those two years. 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2013, 04:53:34 PM »

Will has a serious problem, he is god awful at catching and shooting. But on the other hand he is very good at shooting off the bounce but lacks the ball handling skills to be effective. He has inadequate skill set for this level, most likely he will look amazing at  playing mid-majors at the point. But we all know he is going to completely fall off. He has been college far too long to suddenly become an elite shooter coming off screens.

Are you trying to tell me that Will will look worse and perform worse because he can't get open and without a quality point he won't get looks?  Pfft, whatevs. 

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2013, 05:07:24 PM »

Are you trying to tell me that Will will look worse and perform worse because he can't get open and without a quality point he won't get looks?  Pfft, whatevs.
No, I am saying that he will suck at shooting while playing the 2 regardless of the point guard is.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2013, 05:37:17 PM »

KU's non-con next year includes Duke, Florida, Georgetown, New Mexico, San Diego State, etc.  If you're trying to imply that KU's non-con schedules have traditionally been poor, that's just simply not true.

But they are. Only last year with the Champions Classic did they finally add some muscle to the schedule. Congrats to Bill for finally getting a decent non-con in his tenth year there.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2013, 06:26:38 PM »
Our schedule is shitloads harder than that wuss KU schedule.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2013, 06:42:18 PM »
I want the most pud schedule possible this year. In fact, the pud scheduling is oscar's best move in recent memory.

Offline yoman

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2013, 07:31:07 PM »
Guys, you're missing the most important part of the story. Jack Krap is recovering and will be back soon! :Woot: :Woohoo:
I think this yoman guy is on to something....

Offline AndrewVonLintel

• Purple Prince Thrice Crowned in MMXIII
  • Combo-Fan
  • Purple Get Ready To Roll!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2013, 07:40:04 PM »
Thomas isn't going to play until Dec. 21st...........  :impatient: :ohno: :buh-bye:

Who the hell is running our program? :shakesfist:

Spradling is going to have to have a career year to take us to the promised land!!!     (2nd round NIT)   

:driving: :ksu:
Hire Brad Underwood Now!!!!!!

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 02, 2013, 07:57:16 PM »

No, I am saying that he will suck at shooting while playing the 2 regardless of the point guard is.

Pretty sure Will has been role playing this whole time. Happy to back into the shadows and be the step up his teammates need to reach that next level by giving of himself so they can have more.  This year, however, is his to shine and climb.  Aim at the stars because even if you miss, you may hit the moon(Will is the moon).

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2013, 08:03:25 PM »
freshman guard Nigel Johnson will be eased into practice as he recovers from mononucleosis.

Miami doctors would've prevented this.

Offline AndrewVonLintel

• Purple Prince Thrice Crowned in MMXIII
  • Combo-Fan
  • Purple Get Ready To Roll!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 02, 2013, 08:08:16 PM »
freshman guard Nigel Johnson will be eased into practice as he recovers from mononucleosis.

Miami doctors would've prevented this.

:ROFL:
Hire Brad Underwood Now!!!!!!

Offline timhawk

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2013, 08:19:40 PM »

But they are. Only last year with the Champions Classic did they finally add some muscle to the schedule. Congrats to Bill for finally getting a decent non-con in his tenth year there.

lol this is laughable.
everyone is jealous

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 02, 2013, 08:40:25 PM »
I want the most pud schedule possible this year. In fact, the pud scheduling is oscar's best move in recent memory.
:facepalm: We need good non-con victories, we don't have many opportunities. We will most likely play our way out of the NCAA before Big 12 play.   

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 02, 2013, 08:56:53 PM »
:facepalm: We need good non-con victories, we don't have many opportunities. We will most likely play our way out of the NCAA before Big 12 play.

Not to mention most, if not all of the games were set before KSU hired the Ricin of coaches.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 02, 2013, 09:06:03 PM »
this is news, you dumbasses.  they appealed the (original) 2nd semester rule.  his appeal was denied.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 02, 2013, 09:11:51 PM »
this is news, you dumbasses.  they appealed the (original) 2nd semester rule.  his appeal was denied.

News implies people should give a eff.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 02, 2013, 09:20:04 PM »
News implies people should give a eff.

i give a eff about calling people dumbasses.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."