Author Topic: NEWS BREAKING NEWS!  (Read 15194 times)

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: NEWS BREAKING NEWS!
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2013, 02:25:33 PM »

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2013, 02:26:08 PM »
22 v Sprads is gonna be a game!

Basketball chessmatch!

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2013, 02:27:35 PM »
Oh man, imagine that, ku basketball fans talking about scheduling.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2013, 02:31:24 PM »
i love watching long beach state play @ 11:00 at night on espn

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2013, 02:57:14 PM »
To be fair, their was some disagreement here on just when JT could start playing. I went with the Bill Walker model of mid-December with the end of the first semester, but others insisted it would be with the start of the second semester in January.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2013, 02:59:45 PM »
To be fair, the end of the first semester has always been when kids that are ineligible for a semester start playing, so ppl that thought it would be the beginning of the second semester are dumbasses.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2013, 03:17:30 PM »
To be fair, their was some disagreement here on just when JT could start playing. I went with the Bill Walker model of mid-December with the end of the first semester, but others insisted it would be with the start of the second semester in January.
He has to complete another semester of school work. Semester ends on the Dec 14th.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2013, 03:27:46 PM »
To be fair, the end of the first semester has always been when kids that are ineligible for a semester start playing, so ppl that thought it would be the beginning of the second semester are dumbasses.
I was one of those dumbasses because JT is an unusual case as he his mid year academic instead of the usual mid year transfer type.  I can't recall a similar situation and was just going with the worst case.

my guess is at least 3 losses before JT is playing, could be 4 depending on how the PR tourny breaks.  Weber had some horrible noncon losses once Bill's guys were gone from Illinois and the tuck meltdown when we lose to South Dakota or Troy is one of the few things I am looking forward to this season.

Offline timhawk

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2013, 03:30:17 PM »

Fri, Nov. 8    Louisiana Monroe at Kansas    Allen Fieldhouse

Tue, Nov. 12    Kansas at Duke    United Center

Tue, Nov. 19    Iona at Kansas    Allen Fieldhouse

Fri, Nov. 22    Towson at Kansas    Allen Fieldhouse

Thu, Nov. 28    Kansas at Wake Forest    Nassau, Bahamas    
Fri, Nov. 29    Kansas at USC/Villanova    Nassau, Bahamas    
Sat, Nov. 30    Kansas at TBD    Nassau, Bahamas

Sat, Dec. 7    Kansas at Colorado    Coors Events Conference Center

Tue, Dec. 10    Kansas at Florida       Stephen C. O'Connell Center

Sat, Dec. 14    New Mexico at Kansas    Sprint Center

Sat, Dec. 21    Georgetown at Kansas    Allen Fieldhouse

Mon, Dec. 30    Toledo at Kansas    Allen Fieldhouse

Sun, Jan. 5    San Diego St at Kansas    Allen Fieldhouse
everyone is jealous

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2013, 03:33:16 PM »
Possible GTown score comparos!

Tim, you gonna go to the CU game? 

Should be a great game with it being the first game on an opponents home court for this young Hawk squad.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2013, 03:34:48 PM »
Imagine that, a good basketball program playing a slightly above average non-conference schedule, with exactly one tough true away game.

Colorado matches up horribly to KU.

Wake Forest sucks.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2013, 03:39:37 PM »
Imagine that, a good basketball program playing a slightly above average non-conference schedule, with exactly one tough true away game.

Wake Forest sucks.

I don't want to argue, but many analysts claim that's the toughest non-con in the country this year.

Offline timhawk

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2013, 03:43:14 PM »

Wake Forest sucks.

I don't want to argue, but many analysts claim that's the toughest non-con in the country this year.

that's because it is. KU isn't afraid to play anyone...Kstate football on the other hand.....(Oregon)
everyone is jealous

Offline timhawk

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2013, 03:43:55 PM »
Possible GTown score comparos!

Tim, you gonna go to the CU game? 

Should be a great game with it being the first game on an opponents home court for this young Hawk squad.

no, won't be able to make it. 8.5 hour drive from here.
everyone is jealous

Offline purplenutz

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2013, 03:44:00 PM »

Wake Forest sucks.

Well then, Give it up for those analysts.  :Woohoo:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2013, 03:49:36 PM »

Wake Forest sucks.

I don't disagree with a number of schools dumbing down their schedules just like football.   

But K-State could play Georgetown, and will play Ole Miss and Gonzoga in the non-conference, and while it is October 2nd, and thus still football season for me and I haven't really looked at that closely.   But on the surface Tulane, UNC-C, George Washington, Long Beach St. and Oral Roberts appear to be decent competition as well.   

Has anyone seen Tom "WuShuck" Light aka Deep Nylon and Spracne in the same room at the same time, and if so, were they actually two people?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2013, 03:51:13 PM »

Wake Forest sucks.

that's because it is. KU isn't afraid to play anyone...Kstate football on the other hand.....(Oregon)

Rice
South Dakota
La Tech

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2013, 04:08:24 PM »
I was one of those dumbasses because JT is an unusual case as he his mid year academic instead of the usual mid year transfer type.  I can't recall a similar situation and was just going with the worst case.

my guess is at least 3 losses before JT is playing, could be 4 depending on how the PR tourny breaks.  Weber had some horrible noncon losses once Bill's guys were gone from Illinois and the tuck meltdown when we lose to South Dakota or Troy is one of the few things I am looking forward to this season.
:facepalm: oscar is traditionally very good at not dropping games to lesser team in non-con. If you are going to take shot at him, take one that makes sense.

Offline timhawk

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2013, 04:08:33 PM »

Wake Forest sucks.

Rice
South Dakota
La Tech

Snyder is famous for scheduling cake walks
everyone is jealous

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2013, 04:12:50 PM »

:confused:

KU's non-con next year includes Duke, Florida, Georgetown, New Mexico, San Diego State, etc.  If you're trying to imply that KU's non-con schedules have traditionally been poor, that's just simply not true.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2013, 04:16:48 PM »

:confused:

KU's non-con next year includes Duke, Florida, Georgetown, New Mexico, San Diego State, etc.  If you're trying to imply that KU's non-con schedules have traditionally been poor, that's just simply not true.

No, Spracne/Deep Nylon/Tom Light implying that K-State's schedule is a cake walk all the way through.  It isn't.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2013, 04:18:43 PM »
FALLACY. Everyone has tough basketball scheduling and easy basketball scheduling ass backwards. There are three thing you want on a basketball resume for March. Good wins, Zero bad losses and a high RPI. You know what helps you have good wins and avoid bad losses? Playing good teams and avoiding playing bad teams.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2013, 04:20:22 PM »

:facepalm: oscar is traditionally very good at not dropping games to lesser team in non-con. If you are going to take shot at him, take one that makes sense.

MN, I'm not sure if you have heard the new breaking news, but Will Spradling is going to be our starting point guard until Dec 21st.

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2013, 04:25:56 PM »

MN, I'm not sure if you have heard the new breaking news, but Will Spradling is going to be our starting point guard until Dec 21st.

Has this been confirmed by DJamer Wally?  Because if it hasn't I don't believe you.
@lopakman

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2013, 04:27:31 PM »
 :runaway: