Author Topic: 2015 Recruiting thread, The Bread Basket  (Read 295836 times)

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 Recruiting thread, The Bread Basket
« Reply #800 on: October 20, 2014, 11:29:00 AM »
Wasn't there some chatter about Eric Cobb possibly reclassifying? That would solve our problem. Outside of that, I bet one of the point guards transfers.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: October 20, 2014, 11:32:46 AM »
Wasn't there some chatter about Eric Cobb possibly reclassifying? That would solve our problem. Outside of that, I bet one of the point guards transfers.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: October 20, 2014, 11:36:42 AM »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

There was a lot of rumors about Jevon possibly transferring this offseason, if he doesn't get PT this year AND we have The Flush coming in, then it's a very real possibility. I don't understand what's so hilarious about that.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: October 20, 2014, 11:38:09 AM »
I don't think this video of The Flush has been posted in this thread. What. A. Stud.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbVyI7hqa6s

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: October 20, 2014, 11:42:09 AM »
Because those rumors that had nothing to do with the truth. There seems to be a group of people that want Jevon to transfer because they can't understand his skill set and what he can bring to the basketball team. Both players will have a role this year and next year.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: October 20, 2014, 11:43:20 AM »
I don't think this video of The Flush has been posted in this thread. What. A. Stud.

I really enjoyed how he put that first dude on blast.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: October 20, 2014, 11:45:25 AM »
Because those rumors that had nothing to do with the truth. There seems to be a group of people that want Jevon to transfer because they can't understand his skill set and what he can bring to the basketball team. Both players will have a role this year and next year.

People were speculating that he might transfer, because he wasn't playing any minutes at the end of the year. When point guards don't play, they usually transfer. Somebody out there always needs a point guard. Of course we've got a role for him, but if he can't hack it, then he'll be gone (I think he'll play well this year, but it's no guarantee).

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: October 20, 2014, 11:47:04 AM »
Mixed-Nuts, he also tweeted something that could have been interpreted as him wanting to transfer, and quickly deleted it. So there was more smoke that just made up rumors.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: October 20, 2014, 11:55:38 AM »

John Kurtz ?@jlkurtz  2m2 minutes ago

Jack Karapetyan will transfer from K-State per a press release.
bears are fast...

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: October 20, 2014, 11:56:59 AM »
Mixed-Nuts, he also tweeted something that could have been interpreted as him wanting to transfer, and quickly deleted it. So there was more smoke that just made up rumors.

I know lots of guys have a tough lift, but Thomas' has legitimately been really, really tough.. Besides the family stuff, 3 high schools in 4 years doesn't make things any easier. Plus starting at semester after not being able to practice. I hope he finds his role and has a lot of success this year for the Cats.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #810 on: October 20, 2014, 11:59:38 AM »

I know lots of guys have a tough lift, but Thomas' has legitimately been really, really tough.. Besides the family stuff, 3 high schools in 4 years doesn't make things any easier. Plus starting at semester after not being able to practice. I hope he finds his role and has a lot of success this year for the Cats.

I could see him becoming one of my all-time favorite Cats if things end up working out for him at K-State.

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: October 21, 2014, 12:50:37 AM »

:horrorsurprise:

Offline WildcatNation

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: October 21, 2014, 01:04:08 AM »
How is Brown not at the very least a 4*? Get ready for one of the best guards we have ever had fellas.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: October 21, 2014, 09:19:52 AM »
How is Brown not at the very least a 4*? Get ready for one of the best guards we have ever had fellas.

Have you ever watched him play one entire game high school or aau?  He might be the best ever.  Period. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: October 21, 2014, 11:14:04 AM »

Cobb isn't coming in 2015... at the very least.  According to the KC star.  The 2015 class is set

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/article3101709.html

Nice luke, KsLukey. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: October 21, 2014, 03:16:23 PM »
Texas A&M might have the best recruiting class in the country. They had worse Kenpom ranking than Texas Tech last year.  :'bye cruel world:

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: October 21, 2014, 03:25:48 PM »
Texas A&M might have the best recruiting class in the country. They had worse Kenpom ranking than Texas Tech last year.  :'bye cruel world:

Davis and Thomas are incredibly redundant.  I mean you take them, but they won't be worth a damn on the floor at the same time.  #dossies

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: October 21, 2014, 06:11:31 PM »

Sumlin is overrated.

:D

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: October 21, 2014, 11:16:46 PM »

Sumlin is overrated.

:D

:facepalm:

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: October 22, 2014, 04:40:21 PM »
May be we want to try harder to land Cobb if he leads us to the kid below.   Hope they are best friends.

http://usatodayhss.com/2014/azbuike
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. — Udoka Azubuike is 6-10 and 268 pounds, has a wingspan of 7-5 and in the past week, has picked up offers from Kentucky, Duke and Kansas.
He’s also only 14.
“Sunday was the first day coaches could call to make an offer, but it wasn’t that busy because it was Father’s Day,” said Steve McLaughlin, Azubuike’s coach at Potter’s House Christian Academy (Jacksonville).
“But on Monday, I got calls about him, back-to-back-to-back.”
In April, at the Jordan Brand Classic International game in Brooklyn, N.Y., Azubuike grabbed his own rebound of a dunk attempt with one hand and slammed it so hard other players on the court at the Barclays Center briefly stopped to watch. Even at the NBA Players Association Top 100 Camp this week in Charlottesville, where most of the players are two to four years older than Azubuike, his ferocity going for a dunk, a block or a rebound draws attention.
Born in Lagos, Nigeria, Azubuike has been playing organized basketball for only three years. While he still makes plenty of mistakes on the court, his upside has people wondering if he’s the next big thing, with the emphasis on big. He’s listed as the No. 2 center in the 2016 class by ESPN.com.
“I went to a couple of camps and that’s how I got here,” Azubuike said. “I played soccer when I was little, but I gave it up when I started playing basketball three years ago.”
When he was discovered at a Basketball Without Borders camp in Nigeria a couple of years ago, he was only 6-8 and 190 pounds.
“A friend of mine who was at the camp and knew Udoka’s coach in Nigeria told me he had this kid who was pretty good even though he didn’t know anything about basketball,” McLaughlin said. “I told him to put him on a plane. He was really raw when he first got here. I could only put him on the court for a couple of minutes here or there. He would foul every time on defense and on offense, he was like a chicken running around with its head cut off. This year, though, was a total transformation. We ran our offense around him.”
In 2013-14 as a sophomore, Azubuike averaged 17.2 points and 9.6 rebounds a game for the Lions, who finished second in the Sunshine Independent Athletic Association state tournament.
Azubuike said he gets plenty of competition in practice as he is one of three players 6-9 or over on the Lions’ roster, including 6-9 Kansas State commit Eric Cobb, who will be a senior next fall and 6-10 post Usman Harumna, another Nigerian national, one of four on the Lions’ roster.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: October 22, 2014, 04:44:39 PM »
This kid is obviously ours and, if he doesn't comment soon enough, we can just have Embiid kill another one of his teammates to tighten the screws.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: October 24, 2014, 11:49:35 AM »
Pretty sure Roach is Texas' to lose.

committed just a bit ago

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: October 24, 2014, 11:53:00 AM »
Pretty sure Roach is Texas' to lose.

committed just a bit ago

Yep it was between K-State and Texas. We decided to take The Flush ahead of him. Most of the guards in the Big 12 class really fit what their coaches want. Roach is bigger for Texas because he can shoot, something that has been missing for them.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: November 07, 2014, 11:43:32 AM »
The Flush is starting to make his way up the Florida rankings.

JustinDYoung: I think #KState landed a real sleeper in The Flush. He's high on our 2015 FL rankings. http://t.co/CwEsTYrNcm

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: November 07, 2014, 01:48:03 PM »
JucoRecruiting: Kansas State is the latest school to show interest in AJ Patty (6'8/F/2015) of Vincennes.

Highschool profile:
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/169135/aj-patty