Author Topic: :facepalm  (Read 3797 times)

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
:facepalm
« on: August 25, 2010, 01:07:21 PM »
okiecatfan

On the depth chart
Post #3513
MyFanPage
Add Buddy   
How good is this oline now?   Reply
If in truth Foketi is giving Hanson all he can handle at LT we may have the best oline in KSU history and in the big 12 this year. Hanson was more than serviceable at LT and I have a strong feeling with a little insight from someone in the know that if Foketi shows he can handle LT that we will see Hanson at RT eventually. Should mean that even if Aufner's injury is minor that we can Med RS if possible to allow full recovery. Would not be surprised to see Hanson or Aufner bulk up even more in the off season and slide inside to give us more experience returning for next year. At any rate Foketi being the something special he was advertised as is super news for an Oline that is going to have to help carry whomever gets the call at QB.

Posted on 8/25 12:38 PM | IP: Logged

Post #933
MyFanPage
Add Buddy   
Re: How good is this oline now?   Reply
If it is the best KSU line ever it would be pretty exceptional. The 1997 line had two tackles and a center who had NFL careers as starters and we ran the ball effectively without a passing game emerging till the very end of the year. If these guys are that good it won't matter who plays QB.

Posted on 8/25 12:47 PM | IP: Logged

YoureMyBoyBuhl

GoPowercat Ring of Fame member
Post #21005

MyFanPage
Add Buddy   
Re: How good is this oline now?   Reply
Best in history is probably a bit optimistic at this point. But considering the phyical stature and experience of this group, they could easily be one of the best in the Conference. Coach Dickey seems to be a fan thus far.

Posted from wireless.rivals.com

Posted on 8/25 12:56 PM | IP: Logged

KSYOU

GoPowercat Ring of Fame member
Post #17677
MyFanPage
Add Buddy   
Re: I'll have   Reply
what you're having, please.

laugh

"The moment we want to believe something, we suddenly see all the arguments for it, and become blind to the arguments against it."-George Bernard Shaw

Posted on 8/25 1:01 PM | IP: Logged

Previous Topic | Next Topic | Back to Threads

:powerespect:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
RIP Fatty

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: :facepalm
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 01:14:40 PM »
Best in history is probably a bit optimistic at this point.

loved the "probably" , "a bit" , "optimistic" , and the "at this point"  parts of this kid's post. 

hilarious that he doesn't know that the statement is none of those things.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 01:25:54 PM »
Stormnut [spoiler]making fun of a board he contributes to daily[/spoiler].   :facepalm:

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 01:34:43 PM »
Stormnut [spoiler]making fun of a board he contributes to daily[/spoiler].   :facepalm:

I'm the king of powertards and that was over the top by my standards. mawtard
RIP Fatty

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 01:36:23 PM »

Off with their heads!

NOT :powerespect:

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 03:20:03 PM »

good look.  I say we keep this one.  Shirts anyone?

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2010, 06:36:36 AM »
Speaking of  :facepalm:

Great stuff here, stormy.  Snyder told Klein to suck on purpose to throw everybody off.

stormnut

All-American performer
Post #12923
Manhattan, KS

MyFanPage
Add Buddy   
Re: Conspiracy theory.....(half joking....have wondering)   Reply
Makes you wonder. Thinking back to last Saturday during Fan Appreciation day Klein looks like he was struggling with his reads a lot but now the more I think about it it almost looked as if he was forcing it to make sure everyone saw that he looked at each receiver. So much so that he was holding a good second on each receiver. It looked more like a passing skills video where the instructor slows every motion down to show the footwork, the hips and and position. Makes you wonder if it was truly just a show and Klein is really the best option or like you said that Coach is trying to limit the cat calls from the stands the second Coffman does not look good.

Posted on 8/25 7:58 AM | IP: Logged

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2010, 07:38:06 AM »

Great stuff here, stormy.  Snyder told Klein to suck on purpose to throw everybody off.

stormnut

All-American performer
Post #12923
Manhattan, KS

MyFanPage
Add Buddy   
Makes you wonder. Thinking back to last Saturday during Fan Appreciation day Klein looks like he was struggling with his reads a lot but now the more I think about it it almost looked as if he was forcing it to make sure everyone saw that he looked at each receiver. So much so that he was holding a good second on each receiver. It looked more like a passing skills video where the instructor slows every motion down to show the footwork, the hips and and position. Makes you wonder if it was truly just a show and Klein is really the best option or like you said that Coach is trying to limit the cat calls from the stands the second Coffman does not look good.

along those lines, I'm pretty sure Snyder did the same thing with the entire team last year- told them to suck really bad.  that way, this year when we play teams, they will think we suck but we won't.  we'll be awesome.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline my troll name ... Koppe22

• Combo-Fan
  • Disgraced Banned Former Powert@rd Koppe22
    • View Profile
    • meh
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2010, 07:51:46 AM »

No.
Koppe is a giant idiot bad person for sure but he's nowhere close to as big of an idiot bad person as others.To my knowledge Koppe has never bought an adult trike or talked to a dog whisperer.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2010, 07:55:20 AM »

No.

:surprised:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2010, 09:04:18 AM »

stormnut

All-American performer
Post #12923
Manhattan, KS

MyFanPage
Add Buddy   

That was a fantastic powerespect post. It is dripping my hope and change.
RIP Fatty

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
    • meh
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2010, 11:36:19 AM »

stormnut

All-American performer
Post #12923
Manhattan, KS

MyFanPage
Add Buddy   

I cant believe the "Why KSU will win the Big 12 this year" post has not made its way over here.
Koppe is a giant idiot bad person for sure but he's nowhere close to as big of an idiot bad person as others.To my knowledge Koppe has never bought an adult trike or talked to a dog whisperer.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2010, 11:45:31 AM »

stormnut

All-American performer
Post #12923
Manhattan, KS

MyFanPage
Add Buddy   

I cant believe the "Why KSU will win the Big 12 this year" post has not made its way over here.

Please summarize or paste.

TIA

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
    • meh
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2010, 11:53:00 AM »

stormnut

All-American performer
Post #12923
Manhattan, KS

MyFanPage
Add Buddy   

TIA

lapper2

Almost on scholarship
Post #243
MyFanPage
Add Buddy

Why KSU will win the Big XII this year Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First off let me admit that I'm fairly deep into the kool-aid with the possibilites with this team. The entire league is somewhat down this year.

ISU--This will be an unconfortable game for most KSU fans. ISU has legit running game and irratic passing game. HCBS will keep the game ultraconservative for the most part. The difference here will be the quality of KSU D front. KSU will find it somewhat easier to run against ISU than ISU vs KSU. KSU 21 ISU 14

NU--Until proven otherwise NU still with below average offense. NU relied on OUTSTANDING punting, timely defensive misassignments (due to injury), a missed fg, and a lost turnover on the goal-line to win. NU defense will be good--but they take a slight step back. For NU to win I once again foresee them needing a number of breaks going their way. Not this year. KSU 24 NU 20

@KU--This game looks easier by the day. With the mounting injuries and new systems in place KSU should walk over KU. Look for KU to score a couple late to make it appear close. KSU 35 KU 24

@Baylor--Would be more worried if KSU didn't have 9 days to prepare for Baylor. Baylor with good passing team but defense lost a ton. Look for Baylor to score (and possibly a lot) on KSU. Can KSU win a high scoring game--I say yes. Still close game. KSU 38 BU 31

OSU--Another team that lost a ton to graduation. Playing this bunch later in the year a plus. This will be the game where the O-line will be the difference. KSU runs at will on OSU for unexpectedly easy win. KSU 35 OSU 21

UT--Team with talent and depth everywhere. KSU stellar record will get UT serious attention. Possible gameday here. KSU doesn't have the LB speed or the D-line depth to win unfortunately. UT pounds KSU. UT 31 KSU 21

@MU--MU with defensive back talent issues. Can KSU pass the ball? I say yes and KSU wins by the slimmest of margins on a long fg. KSU 38 MU 35

@CU--CU will have packed the tent by now and this game is a formality. KSU 27 CU 17

UT in Dallas--KSU takes film from earlier game and takes advantage of UT weaknesses. Coaching the difference in low scoring game KSU 17 UT 14

Posted on 8/25 9:06 PM | IP: Logged

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2010, 11:56:49 AM »

stormnut

All-American performer
Post #12923
Manhattan, KS

MyFanPage
Add Buddy   

TIA

lapper2

Almost on scholarship
Post #243
MyFanPage
Add Buddy

Why KSU will win the Big XII this year Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First off let me admit that I'm fairly deep into the kool-aid with the possibilites with this team. The entire league is somewhat down this year.

ISU--This will be an unconfortable game for most KSU fans. ISU has legit running game and irratic passing game. HCBS will keep the game ultraconservative for the most part. The difference here will be the quality of KSU D front. KSU will find it somewhat easier to run against ISU than ISU vs KSU. KSU 21 ISU 14

NU--Until proven otherwise NU still with below average offense. NU relied on OUTSTANDING punting, timely defensive misassignments (due to injury), a missed fg, and a lost turnover on the goal-line to win. NU defense will be good--but they take a slight step back. For NU to win I once again foresee them needing a number of breaks going their way. Not this year. KSU 24 NU 20

@KU--This game looks easier by the day. With the mounting injuries and new systems in place KSU should walk over KU. Look for KU to score a couple late to make it appear close. KSU 35 KU 24

@Baylor--Would be more worried if KSU didn't have 9 days to prepare for Baylor. Baylor with good passing team but defense lost a ton. Look for Baylor to score (and possibly a lot) on KSU. Can KSU win a high scoring game--I say yes. Still close game. KSU 38 BU 31

OSU--Another team that lost a ton to graduation. Playing this bunch later in the year a plus. This will be the game where the O-line will be the difference. KSU runs at will on OSU for unexpectedly easy win. KSU 35 OSU 21

UT--Team with talent and depth everywhere. KSU stellar record will get UT serious attention. Possible gameday here. KSU doesn't have the LB speed or the D-line depth to win unfortunately. UT pounds KSU. UT 31 KSU 21

@MU--MU with defensive back talent issues. Can KSU pass the ball? I say yes and KSU wins by the slimmest of margins on a long fg. KSU 38 MU 35

@CU--CU will have packed the tent by now and this game is a formality. KSU 27 CU 17

UT in Dallas--KSU takes film from earlier game and takes advantage of UT weaknesses. Coaching the difference in low scoring game KSU 17 UT 14

Posted on 8/25 9:06 PM | IP: Logged

Yea that was sad. Almost as bad as something I would post
RIP Fatty

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2010, 11:57:41 AM »
UT in Dallas--KSU takes film from earlier game and takes advantage of UT weaknesses.

rough ridin' brilliant maneuver right here fellas.  Take notes coaches from other loser teams.  :gocho:

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2010, 01:30:39 PM »
UT in Dallas--KSU takes film from earlier game and takes advantage of UT weaknesses.

fracking brilliant maneuver right here fellas.  Take notes coaches from other loser teams.  :gocho:

Don't have film on UCF!  :bang:  Or do we?

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2010, 03:50:53 PM »

fracking brilliant maneuver right here fellas.  Take notes coaches from other loser teams.  :gocho:

Seems too hard. I say we just score more points than them.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2010, 04:51:15 PM »

Another thing we should do is get the entire team together every afternoon in the days leading up to the game to work on some plays and defenses that will help us in the game.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2010, 09:15:57 PM »

Another thing we should do is get the entire team together every afternoon in the days leading up to the game to work on some plays and defenses that will help us in the game.

Pretty sure that's an NCAA violation