Author Topic: LHC Bill Snyder saved Kansas State University  (Read 40400 times)

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: LHC Bill Snyder saved Kansas State University
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2017, 06:19:47 PM »
We own the longest streak in the country of consistently sending players to the NFL and yet we still have people shitposting about a lack of talent.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2017, 11:35:50 AM »
JFC, guys.  Why are we content with 3* and lower players?  We are OK with them and Bill, but if we want to consistently compete for a Big12 championship and even think of getting close to the National Championship it will take athletes with elite talent.
Barring our injuries, we would have done that this season, IMO.

Yup, the team was a well oiled machine while healthy in nashville. It was downhill after the injuries.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2017, 12:05:24 PM »
We own the longest streak in the country of consistently sending players to the NFL and yet we still have people shitposting about a lack of talent.

B’lieve you mean in the Big 12, not the country.
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.kansas.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/article147095469.html

If we multiply our current streak by about 3, we’ll equal where the leading teams are.

https://spartanavenue.com/2017/05/01/michigan-state-football-3rd-longest-streak-nfl-draft/amp/
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2017, 12:41:20 PM »

You clearly don't pay any attention to the recruiting rankings.  our talent sucks.  2-3 star guys only.  no 4-5 stars.  only got 5 players on all big 12 first team this year.  fire everyone associated with recruiting and hire some "good" recruiters that sign players the web nerds think are good.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2017, 12:49:08 PM »
People claim we lack talent to give Bill a pass for getting badly outcoached so often.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2017, 04:29:48 PM »
we have players who are talented for what they are

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2017, 04:58:10 PM »

You clearly don't pay any attention to the recruiting rankings.  our talent sucks.  2-3 star guys only.  no 4-5 stars.  only got 5 players on all big 12 first team this year.  fire everyone associated with recruiting and hire some "good" recruiters that sign players the web nerds think are good.

Then we were badly out coached and way under performed.

Say, who is the guy supposedly running the program over the last 3 seasons of barely above .500 football??

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 17, 2017, 05:15:41 PM »

Then we were badly out coached and way under performed.

Say, who is the guy supposedly running the program over the last 3 seasons of barely above .500 football??

Have you found anyone to argue with you that we underperformed this season?

I know you are one of the ra-tards constantly bitching about our lack of recruiting but see nothing from you to explain your rationale when someone points out the number of players we have on the All Big 12 team.  You just change your argument to criticizing coaching.  Convenient i guess.  hard to take you seriously.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 05:22:07 PM by Whisker Biscuit »

Offline PIPE

• Katpak'r
  • Always a pessimist
    • View Profile
Re: LHC LHC Bill Snyder saved Kansas State University
« Reply #58 on: December 17, 2017, 05:54:15 PM »
I’m curious what injuries we had at powerhouse Vanderbilt?

Our 3* recruits get you 8-4 or 7-5 type seasons.

Awaiting the inevitable KITN

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 17, 2017, 05:57:15 PM »
Except when it's 9 , 10 and 11 win seasons

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 17, 2017, 06:23:32 PM »
My God, what in the helll has this place become?!  Yay for 7-5/8-4 seasons. Do you seriously think that we wouldn't be much better with the talent OU gets?  This is just pathetic.

Offline DOD Take 2

• Combo-Fan
  • Corndogs Jackie! Corndogs for all these people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 17, 2017, 06:25:47 PM »

We’ve had the stars matter argument on this very website already. It’s well documented that stars translate to wins and nfl draft picks.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2017, 06:33:51 PM »
Going by star ratings, what is the recruiting ceiling for K-State? How many 4-5 star players and what recruiting class ranking should we be shooting for? I'm interested in what people think recruiting at K-State should look like.

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2017, 06:40:28 PM »
Going by star ratings, what is the recruiting ceiling for K-State? How many 4-5 star players and what recruiting class ranking should we be shooting for? I'm interested in what people think recruiting at K-State should look like.

This should be entertaining.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2017, 07:02:58 PM »
I'm curious. It gets talked about a lot. Like give me a number of signed recruits for each star rating. I will eventually give mine as well.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2017, 07:13:37 PM »
Classes similar to Oklahoma State should be attainable IMO. Won't happen overnight, but it seems reasonable.

I mean have we ever won a head to head battle for a recruit against them recently? I honestly don't know, but I feel like we should be able to.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 17, 2017, 07:17:37 PM »
I'll expect whoever we get of Saban/Swinney/Meyer to recruit here as well as they do elsewhere.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2017, 07:25:41 PM »
My God, what in the helll has this place become?!  Yay for 7-5/8-4 seasons. Do you seriously think that we wouldn't be much better with the talent OU gets?  This is just pathetic.

I'm not 100% sure what you're trying you say here, but I'm perfectly happy being an 8 win program. There are a lot more Iowa States, Texas Techs, and Pitts of the college football world than K-States, Texas A&MS, and Utahs.

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 17, 2017, 07:33:26 PM »

I'm not 100% sure what you're trying you say here, but I'm perfectly happy being an 8 win program. There are a lot more Iowa States, Texas Techs, and Pitts of the college football world than K-States, Texas A&MS, and Utahs.

Typical KSU loser mentality.  Happy with 8-4 and a bunch of 2-3 star recruits.  We have good facilities and Manhattan is a real nice place and we get 50,000 fans to come to our games!  No reason we shouldn't be signing 4-5 star players and expecting to play for the NC every year.  It's your loser mentality that keeps this program down.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 17, 2017, 07:34:02 PM »

I pretty much agree. If you're an "8 win program" your going to have 10 win and 6 win seasons. And we have those.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 17, 2017, 07:37:28 PM »

Typical KSU loser mentality.  Happy with 8-4 and a bunch of 2-3 star recruits.  We have good facilities and Manhattan is a real nice place and we get 50,000 fans to come to our games!  No reason we shouldn't be signing 4-5 star players and expecting to play for the NC every year.  It's your loser mentality that keeps this program down.
You know it's possible to be ok with the current status of the program but also want to be better.

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 17, 2017, 07:43:44 PM »

You know it's possible to be ok with the current status of the program but also want to be better.

You couldn't find 5 people on this board who are "ok with the current status of the program" so i have no idea what you are talking about.   I enjoy discussing ways we can improve (usually with the other 3-4 reasonable people in this place).  I blasted our play calling most of the year.  The recruiting argument gets settled at the end of every year when we routinely have more than our share of players recognized for postseason accolades.  That argument is old, tired and absurd.  It should go away.

Offline Ihaveteeth

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Re: LHC LHC Bill Snyder saved Kansas State University
« Reply #72 on: December 17, 2017, 07:52:01 PM »
The Big 12 has exactly 1 5-star recruit signed for 2018, so KSU should be able to sign at least 2 of them each season. 

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 17, 2017, 08:01:23 PM »
I wish we'd be able to sign a couple of 4 stars, a 5 star would be ridiculous. Thompson was a 4 star and look what he was capable of doing his 1st year playing (I know, RS freshman).  I don't expect us to go after every stud athlete, but going hard after some would be nice.

Play calling can make or break a team with a lot of decent athletes. Sometimes it takes the 4*/5* players to create plays when the play calling sucks.

I also believe top athletes will help to draw in other top athletes.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 17, 2017, 08:20:50 PM »
We've signed a 4 star in every class since 2012