Author Topic: Sean is not head coach material  (Read 20089 times)

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Re: Sean is not head coach material
« Reply #200 on: December 03, 2017, 01:15:14 AM »
His offense the last few years at LSU was stagnant and predictable AF. Very Snydz 2016-17-ish. At least that’s the perception in Tigerland. He really was very boring and there is zero chance he has learned new tricks.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 03, 2017, 01:18:20 AM »
His offense the last few years at LSU was stagnant and predictable AF. Very Snydz 2016-17-ish. At least that’s the perception in Tigerland. He really was very boring and there is zero chance he has learned new tricks.
So, basically worthless to any P5 program.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 03, 2017, 08:08:39 AM »
The lede of this story is "America's most successful sports franchise makes bold move against the grain of flyover country contrived message board coaching criteria."

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/21634728/aaron-boone-become-next-manager-new-york-yankees

If only Brian Cashman knew anything about hiring successful people he could have gotten someone experienced, guaranteed to win.
Your dedication when it comes to stumping for Sean is admirable.

I don't know who I want, I change my mind every time I think about it. I have a list though. In no order

Lane
Brent
Sean
Seth LittreLL
Willie Fritz
Scott Satterfield
Dave Clawson
Bryan Harsin
Matt Rhule
Derek Mason
Blake Anderson

Lane is an exception to my never fired rule, he was 28-15 at USC.

Same old kstate loser mentality.  Here's my non-loser mentality list:

Saban
Meyer
Belichek
Chip Kelly (we should at least CALL him)
Bob Stoops
Swinney
Carrol
Fisher (although i'm not happy with this seasons performance so he's at the bottom...probably should have been fired by FSU if he didn't jump)

We should also spend the bulk of our time recruiting 5 star players (based on Rivals rankings, NOT 247).  We are KSTATE!  So sick of the inferiority complex of our coaching staff and most of our fans.  We have nice facilities!

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 03, 2017, 10:07:09 AM »
Agreed. I’m not so sure about Meyer though. He’d have to win at least one playoff game this year to convince me he hasn’t lost a step.

Sorry, I’m not interested in whatever the equivalent is of a 5 heart for coach. I will be very disappointed if we don’t go after the best.

Offline WildcatPower

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 03, 2017, 11:01:47 AM »

While true, his defenses were pretty darned good, if my memory serves me right.

Offline Joker

• Katpak'r
  • Resident Play-Hard Chartologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 03, 2017, 12:01:57 PM »

Even with this I don't get how he hasn't gotten more interest.  Unless the price tag is too high in relation to perceived value.

For God's sake, oscar Weber has a job.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 03, 2017, 12:22:06 PM »
Same reason Mack Brown never found work
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline DOD Take 2

• Combo-Fan
  • Corndogs Jackie! Corndogs for all these people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 03, 2017, 12:45:21 PM »
Matt Rhule and Derek Mason can gtfo

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 03, 2017, 01:35:34 PM »

Even with this I don't get how he hasn't gotten more interest.  Unless the price tag is too high in relation to perceived value.

For God's sake, oscar Weber has a job.

He's old, and a weirdo

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 03, 2017, 01:36:51 PM »

Do you realize where they work? I'd put Cutcliffe on the list if he wasn't old enough to be my grandpa.

Offline DOD Take 2

• Combo-Fan
  • Corndogs Jackie! Corndogs for all these people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: December 03, 2017, 01:43:16 PM »

Do you realize where they work? I'd put Cutcliffe on the list if he wasn't old enough to be my grandpa.

Im well aware where they coach at. Why that should make them more desirable I have 0 idea

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 03, 2017, 01:52:30 PM »

Im well aware where they coach at. Why that should make them more desirable I have 0 idea

They have group of 5 jobs in power 5 conferences. Rhule is recruiting very well with pretty obvious barriers. This season not withstanding Mason has elevated Vanderbilt and his pedigree is elite.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 03, 2017, 03:19:54 PM »
Derek Mason?  And people complain about Bielema?

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 03, 2017, 04:18:23 PM »
So, basically worthless to any P5 program.

He only averages like 10 wins per year. He’s just not good enough for any serious program.