Author Topic: OFFICIAL ALEX DELTON AMENDS THREAD FOR NON-BELIEVERS AND SQUAWKS  (Read 8778 times)

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
Re: OFFICIAL ALEX DELTON AMENDS THREAD FOR NON-BELIEVERS AND SQUAWKS
« Reply #75 on: December 27, 2017, 04:00:54 PM »

if you don't think they'll try to put him out of a game, your nuts.
You're*

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 27, 2017, 04:04:24 PM »
Holy tuck!

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 27, 2017, 04:13:02 PM »
Having your QB, that's already had multiple concussions, as your primary runner is not a plan for long-term (or possibly even short-term) success.

He's going to get hit, hit hard and possibly hit dirty. Defenses know he's one hit away from another concussion and if you don't think they'll try to put him out of a game, your nuts.

RBs will not want to come to KSU. Why should they.

TE's will not want to come to KSU unless they enjoy being the sixth OL.

WO's will not want to come to KSU unless they think the best way to the NFL is through receiving punts and KO's.

Good to great QB's will not want to come to KSU and get abused the way we abuse our QBs.

I'm sorry, I like Delton and think he's a hell of a competitor but he's one significant hit away from having his playing career ended. True leadership by our AD and Athletic Department would question what we're doing to our QBs and as the HC, LHC Bill Snyder needs to answer those questions.

A win last night was way better than a loss (duh!) but you seriously have to ask yourselves whether or not the way we play is really a good direction for the program. I don't think it is.
Every player is one hit away from having their career ended.

That said, I kind of get your point -- I think our offense exposes the QB to injury too often which has derailed our season several times in the last 5 years.  Even so, since Bishop, the QB run game has always been a significant part of K-State's offense.  If we have the tools to feature the QB run game prominently (i.e. Delton), then we'd be foolish not to use it.  Do I think Delton (or any QB) should be running 30+ times a game?  Probably not.  And I'd like us to cool it with running pipsqueak QBs between the tackles.

But spare me the crying about QBs not wanting to play in an offense that prominently features the QB run.  Plenty of programs prominently feature the QB run game in their spread.  Look at Marcus Mariota. 

Does our offense handicap us from recruiting the next 5 Star, drop back passer?  Probably so, but as long as there are great running QBs (like Delton) coming out of high school, then I think K-State is an attractive option for them.   

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 27, 2017, 04:23:01 PM »
Having your QB, that's already had multiple concussions, as your primary runner is not a plan for long-term (or possibly even short-term) success.

He's going to get hit, hit hard and possibly hit dirty. Defenses know he's one hit away from another concussion and if you don't think they'll try to put him out of a game, your nuts.

RBs will not want to come to KSU. Why should they.

TE's will not want to come to KSU unless they enjoy being the sixth OL.

WO's will not want to come to KSU unless they think the best way to the NFL is through receiving punts and KO's.

Good to great QB's will not want to come to KSU and get abused the way we abuse our QBs.

I'm sorry, I like Delton and think he's a hell of a competitor but he's one significant hit away from having his playing career ended. True leadership by our AD and Athletic Department would question what we're doing to our QBs and as the HC, LHC LHC Bill Snyder needs to answer those questions.

A win last night was way better than a loss (duh!) but you seriously have to ask yourselves whether or not the way we play is really a good direction for the program. I don't think it is.

Squawk
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 27, 2017, 04:39:40 PM »
Army threw the ball 10 times this season and won 10 games. Obviously we just need to go back to the wishbone or just run QB option/the Wildcat every play. If Army can do it, than so can we!

:rolleyes:

Sat near a guy at the bar last night who from the beginning of the game screamed at the TV's every time Delton or Sky dropped back to pass... was telling his buddies we should "never throw the ball and just stick to the basics and running the ball, classic downhill hardnose running. Snyder Football." Seemed to have a big man crush on Winston Dimel.

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 27, 2017, 04:46:10 PM »
Barnes had 117 yards last night, running back recruits will see that and be like "hard pass"

and LOL when have our TE's under Snyder ever been anything but sixth OL's

Offline Poster formerly known as jthutch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 29, 2017, 08:42:45 AM »
Barnes had 117 yards last night, running back recruits will see that and be like "hard pass"

Justin Swift and Shad Meir caught a lot of passes IIRC. 

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 29, 2017, 09:19:09 AM »

good data points from 20 years ago

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 29, 2017, 09:22:33 AM »
I used to enjoy the passing game to 6'5" TEs.

Offline CD

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 29, 2017, 09:24:35 AM »

Shad Meier caught 9 passes for 103 yards in his best year