Author Topic: 2017 Other Games Thread  (Read 98462 times)

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 2017 Other Games Thread
« Reply #750 on: December 28, 2017, 07:38:04 AM »
Lock threw a long td and kind of posed and did his thing early in the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: December 28, 2017, 07:43:19 AM »
Ah.  I found an article on it.  Man, Herman is a rough ridin' prick.  I don’t like Mizzou at all, but what a horrible look for a head coach.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/mizzou-football/watch-tom-herman-mocks-missouri-qb-drew-lock-beating-missouri/

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: December 28, 2017, 07:46:44 AM »
Tho, the Mizzou QB did seem to look right at the UT sideline when he did his little thing after the pass.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/mizzou-football/watch-tom-herman-mocks-missouri-qb-drew-lock-beating-missouri/

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: December 28, 2017, 08:19:48 AM »
Tho, the Mizzou QB did seem to look right at the UT sideline when he did his little thing after the pass.

one person involved has a little more life experience than the other

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: December 28, 2017, 08:22:29 AM »

one person involved has a little more life experience than the other

Totally. 

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: December 28, 2017, 08:31:31 AM »
woukd you have ever imagined Texas as a barely eligible for a bowl team reduced to its head coach acting like that on national TV?  Like if you had just turned off the TV after Vince Young won the natty and woke up in 2017 after a coma it would be more shocking than finding out about Snapchat.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: December 28, 2017, 08:36:16 AM »
if he did it against a non-big 12 defector I'd say I didn't like it.  but if anyone stunts on mizzou i'm all for it.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: December 28, 2017, 08:53:02 AM »
In general, I want UT to be really good, and I want us to beat them.  When those two things happen it is almost always a great Cats season.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: December 28, 2017, 08:53:27 AM »
Cept with Ron tho

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: December 28, 2017, 08:57:22 AM »
I googled a couple variations of “secure the bag” and I still don’t understand this.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: December 28, 2017, 08:59:35 AM »
In general, I want UT to be really good, and I want us to beat them.  When those two things happen it is almost always a great Cats season.
Meh, outside of Ron, the last time Snyder beat a really good Texas team was what? '99?

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: December 28, 2017, 09:00:08 AM »
I googled a couple variations of “secure the bag” and I still don’t understand this.

LOL, I have no idea what that is either.  The writer seemed to suggest everyone knew what that was and I was like “must be like that time when I didn’t know what the dougie was and everyone was talking about it and eventually I just gave up and never asked.”

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: December 28, 2017, 09:01:10 AM »
herman should have gone to the mizzou qb after the game to apologize, then pull away from the handshake and spit in his eye

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: December 28, 2017, 09:01:35 AM »
Meh, outside of Ron, the last time Snyder beat a really good Texas team was what? '99?

All the Snyder 1.0 UT wins were against pretty good UT teams IIRC.  I am probably revising history tho.  Man, the Ricky Williams win was so much fun.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: December 28, 2017, 09:04:30 AM »

All the Snyder 1.0 UT wins were against pretty good UT teams IIRC.  I am probably revising history tho.  Man, the Ricky Williams win was so much fun.
99 was the most recent Snyder 1.0 win.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: December 28, 2017, 09:13:52 AM »

LOL, I have no idea what that is either.  The writer seemed to suggest everyone knew what that was and I was like “must be like that time when I didn’t know what the dougie was and everyone was talking about it and eventually I just gave up and never asked.”

With how history unfolded, you probably won that decision to not invest any more time in it.

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: December 28, 2017, 10:41:26 AM »

I assumed it was basically the backpack thing Hosmer and the Roys used to do (and I have no idea where that came from either).  Probably wrong tho cause I'm on "no idea what dougie is" team as well.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: December 28, 2017, 10:44:04 AM »
Hey @Ihaveteeth how'd that taste?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: December 28, 2017, 12:11:40 PM »

I assumed it was basically the backpack thing Hosmer and the Roys used to do (and I have no idea where that came from either).  Probably wrong tho cause I'm on "no idea what dougie is" team as well.

It is.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: December 28, 2017, 12:49:31 PM »
if he did it against a non-big 12 defector I'd say I didn't like it.  but if anyone stunts on mizzou i'm all for it.

Yes
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: December 28, 2017, 01:28:00 PM »
That was a pretty bad look, but what would you expect from a guy who on purpose wears a goatee?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: December 28, 2017, 01:36:23 PM »
Navy is super fun to watch.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: December 28, 2017, 01:48:05 PM »
I think texas had a shot to tie for the Dr P in 2012 but they were still kinda garbage

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: December 28, 2017, 02:26:38 PM »
I think texas had a shot to tie for the Dr P in 2012 but they were still kinda garbage
Nah, Texas was 5-4 in conference that year.  9 win team, but not "really good."

We needed to beat them at the end of the season to secure the Dr. Pepper because OU only had one conference loss (like us).

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: December 28, 2017, 03:40:26 PM »

Has Snyder had a chance to beat a really good Texas team since 99? Maybe 1-3 opportunities?