Author Topic: It's Leavitt  (Read 72134 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: It's Leavitt
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2016, 09:13:24 AM »

Leavitt is a less successful version of oscar Weber who grabbed a player by the throat and slapped him during halftime of a game.

But yeah, not bad! :flush:

When he became a head coach, he inherited a program from a future hall of famer stacked with talent?

I guess I missed that.

But yeah, I don't like the slapping a player thing.

Southern Illinois wasn't exactly a great program before oscar arrived but he won two conference titles there. Did Leavitt win a conference title?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2016, 09:19:26 AM »
Southern Illinois was a mid major with tradition before oscar arrived. oscar is just a poor comparison for Leavitt IMO.

I'm not saying that there aren't questions based on what he did at South Florida because he never did more than have okay seasons in the Big East, but he did build the program from scratch and was a solid coach there.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2016, 09:20:30 AM »
Leavitt would be good in the sense that he could be the guy after the guy and we probably wouldn't be complete garbage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think Leavitt could pretty regularly have us at 7-9 wins. I would take anyone that could continue winning here not named Snyder. Just to shake the stigma that only a freak like Snyder can win here.

I feel the same way.

Me too.  Case in point was Keitz the other day saying the players were too jacked in the bowl game and didn't play the "K-State way".  These rough ridin' dumbasses are going to pick apart every thing the new coach does because "Coach Snyder would have never let that happen".  Leavitt would be a good bridge to hopefully getting someone young and talented down the road IMO.  Plus, I bet that kid deserved to get smacked.  Plus, plus, JL is buds with Jim Harbaugh, maybe he will steer some UM grade rejects our way.   :Woot:

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2016, 09:22:40 AM »
dont let OG cRusty hijack this thread with some oscar weber mind eff.   
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2016, 09:24:43 AM »
Southern Illinois was a mid major with tradition before oscar arrived. oscar is just a poor comparison for Leavitt IMO.

I'm not saying that there aren't questions based on what he did at South Florida because he never did more than have okay seasons in the Big East, but he did build the program from scratch and was a solid coach there.
They are comparable in they were fired from their last head coaching job and KSU shouldn't hire them.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2016, 09:30:27 AM »
Well look at cRusty standin firm.

Who do you want cRusty?   Venzy?

I mean, I'd like Venzy as well, but Venzy has been a DC/Co-DC for what?   Nearly twenty years now?   Yet all I've ever heard is that he's never been a serious candidate for any head coaching job, anywhere.    Snyder, for example, was only an OC for 9 years, before becoming the HC at K-State.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2016, 09:31:47 AM »
If we win 10+ next year and then Snyder steps down, who better would take the job?  <- Serious question for Rusty.  It's a mid-level BCS gig following a legend and a very good season.  Malzahn/Houston both made jumps from mid-majors to top tier gigs without a reason to pass through a K-State.  A Leavitt hire doesn't get me super excited but if he is the floor going into a coaching search, I am pretty happy with that.  With that buyout clause, I think we could offer it to Venzy, Fleck or a similar young up and comer then go to Leavitt as a back up.  If our coaching search were to start and end with Leavitt, that is a mistake.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2016, 09:32:43 AM »
cRusty!

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2016, 09:33:53 AM »
would Harbaugh be his OC given they are buds and the proximity to Olathe? 

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2016, 09:38:43 AM »

They are comparable in they were fired from their last head coaching job and KSU shouldn't hire them.

We're fired for completely separate reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 30, 2016, 09:41:23 AM »

If we win 10+ next year and then Snyder steps down, who better would take the job?  <- Serious question for Rusty.  It's a mid-level BCS gig following a legend and a very good season.  Malzahn/Houston both made jumps from mid-majors to top tier gigs without a reason to pass through a K-State.  A Leavitt hire doesn't get me super excited but if he is the floor going into a coaching search, I am pretty happy with that.  With that buyout clause, I think we could offer it to Venzy, Fleck or a similar young up and comer then go to Leavitt as a back up.  If our coaching search were to start and end with Leavitt, that is a mistake.

I'm sure there would be many successful head coaches who hadn't been fired because of mediocre seasons and player abuse that would take the job. We could get a Mahlzan or Fleck or Herman under the right circumstances. I don't know exactly who that would be, but there are similar coaches out there.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2016, 09:50:43 AM »
I definitely think we should offer those guys first but think there are maybe 4-5 any given year and we will be the second or third tier to pick through them.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2016, 09:58:26 AM »

I definitely think we should offer those guys first but think there are maybe 4-5 any given year and we will be the second or third tier to pick through them.

Depends on the year/situation. I mean it's pretty clear we could have made a run at Brohm and Fleck and the guy Baylor hired this year. And possibly Taggart. Texas and LSU have been the only changes in a clear tier above us. You could argue Oregon but they have a geographic disadvantage that could make them less attractive to some coaches.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 30, 2016, 10:11:44 AM »
I'm not saying Rusty is wrong, but he probably is.  I would assist in shoving Snyder the eff out of his office today if KSU could reasonably get PJ Fleck, Taggert or the other awesome guys he mentioned that would probably never come here. 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 30, 2016, 10:17:42 AM »

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 30, 2016, 10:34:54 AM »
I'm not saying Rusty is wrong, but he probably is.  I would assist in shoving Snyder the eff out of his office today if KSU could reasonably get PJ Fleck, Taggert or the other awesome guys he mentioned that would probably never come here.
I don't get why people are soo ready for Snyder to leave? He's an amazing coach

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 30, 2016, 10:40:29 AM »
It's because of the fun of guessing who we could get.  Remember Huggs  :drool:; too bad I also remember Prince.  :Yuck:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 30, 2016, 11:11:12 AM »

It's not that I want to kick him out or anything, but he had to leave or die soon right? I'm just looking ahead.

The Big Train

« Reply #68 on: December 30, 2016, 11:23:08 AM »
Good grief crusty get some fresh air and come back later

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 30, 2016, 11:40:27 AM »
I'm with bayareacat on this one

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #70 on: December 30, 2016, 11:47:37 AM »
I'm not a fan, but if he needs to be the sacrificial lamb post-snyder then so be it.    He might be a great coordinator, but i have my doubts on his ability to take a P5 team and sustain it long term or take it to the next level.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 30, 2016, 11:50:07 AM »
gtfoomf leavitt

Offline O-town Kat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 30, 2016, 11:58:02 AM »
Ok with Leavitt if offense and most of offensive staff is kept in place.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 30, 2016, 12:02:27 PM »
Ok with Leavitt if offense and most of offensive staff is kept in place.

Leavitt after next year bringing in a freshly fired Kliff as OC

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 30, 2016, 12:06:22 PM »
Leavitt with the current offensive staff is at least a push on gameday and probably a huge increase in recruiting as he will likely bring in new blood on the defensive side. 

My guess is 2018 is Snyd's last - that gives JL two seasons at Oregon and Dimel will be done rough ridin' up RZ possessions with his kid

The real key here is Myers, Currie has spent 10 years of his life in this windy bfe waiting for this hire and I can't see him going with JL who is infinitely more like Frank than oscar :lol: I don't think Bill wants the optics of going over The AD's head but Myers could pull rank.