Author Topic: Wild Wildcats in the NFL  (Read 221123 times)

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Wild Wildcats in the NFL
« on: August 02, 2014, 10:33:41 PM »
1. Will Emmanuel Lamur play three downs for Cincinnati?
After missing the entire 2013 season with a shoulder injury, Lamur drew rave reviews in the offseason and is penciled in as the starting strong side linebacker. The question is ultimately if the Bengals’ coaching staff envision Lamur as a candidate for their nickel subpackages?

At 6-foot-4 and 240 pounds, Lamur is a specimen who has the body type to hold up to an every-down role. He also has sideline-to-sideline speed and the ability to cover tight ends. At this point there’s little indication out of Bengals camp regarding their plans for Lamur, but we can read the tealeaves to get an indication of what to expect.

This needs its own thread. We don't need to be posting this stuff in the, "Wild Wildcats In The 2014 NFL Draft" thread.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Wildcats in the NFL
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 10:38:38 PM »
seems ok to me

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 02:12:57 PM »
they just spotlighted Lamur on espn's NFL Insiders as a potential breakout player in '14

:lynchmob:

Offline i poo crabs

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 02:24:35 PM »
CINCINNATI -- A daily review of the hot topics coming out of Cincinnati Bengals training camp:

There's only one place to begin Wednesday's practice report: with the fireworks. Twice, members of the offense and defense had to be pulled apart as emotions and tensions ran high outwardly for the first time. First, linebacker Emmanuel Lamur and offensive guard Clint Boling came to blows at the end of a goal-line drill. Lamur was seen grabbing Boling's face mask as pushing and shoving ensued around them. A.J. Green then came in, appearing to help calm and subdue Lamur in the back of the end zone. The linebacker misinterpreted the Pro Bowl wideout's actions and swung a punch at him. Fans who saw the blows started shouting, "No! Not on A.J.!" Later, linebacker Marquis Flowers and center T.J. Johnson exchanged words briefly, but that scuffle was stopped quickly before it became anything bigger.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 02:34:56 PM »
fire, passion, "want to"

Offline i poo crabs

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 02:38:13 PM »
they just spotlighted Lamur on espn's NFL Insiders as a potential breakout player in '14

find the link again and i'll copy and paste the story

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2014, 02:43:23 PM »

it was on tv, idiot

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2014, 03:25:56 PM »

it was on tv, idiot
:lol:

Offline i poo crabs

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2014, 03:40:27 PM »

it was on tv, idiot
:lol:

:dubious:

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2014, 03:47:05 PM »

Offline i poo crabs

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2014, 04:13:43 PM »
CINCINNATI -- A daily review of the hot topics coming out of Cincinnati Bengals training camp:

There's only one place to begin Wednesday's practice report: with the fireworks. Twice, members of the offense and defense had to be pulled apart as emotions and tensions ran high outwardly for the first time. First, linebacker Emmanuel Lamur and offensive guard Clint Boling came to blows at the end of a goal-line drill. Lamur was seen grabbing Boling's face mask as pushing and shoving ensued around them. A.J. Green then came in, appearing to help calm and subdue Lamur in the back of the end zone. The linebacker misinterpreted the Pro Bowl wideout's actions and swung a punch at him. Fans who saw the blows started shouting, "No! Not on A.J.!" Later, linebacker Marquis Flowers and center T.J. Johnson exchanged words briefly, but that scuffle was stopped quickly before it became anything bigger.

Video of the "incident"

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24645091/video-bengals-teammate-punches-aj-green-in-practice
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 04:23:37 PM by ninglu86 »

Offline EMAWesome

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2014, 04:38:46 PM »
Harper running 5/6 on GB WR Depth Chart

Rookie Davante Adams has already established himself as at least the fourth receiver. He’s listed second behind Randall Cobb at one receiver position. Jarrett Boykin is listed second behind Jordy Nelson at the other. Chris Harper and Myles White are next in line. Fifth-round pick Jared Abbrederis is done for the season with a torn ACL.

Sounds like they will carry 6 WR and given Harpers body type & willingness to play ST (and being big enough to actually tackle people on ST) I fully expect him to make the 53 Man

Offline Muldoon

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2014, 09:51:14 PM »
ESPN shows only one tackle for The Judge versus five for CJ Mosley.   Anybody get to see this game that can comment on quality/quantity?

Offline Houcat

• Combo-Fan
  • Dazed and Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2014, 07:22:06 AM »
Texans have a Tuggle war at inside linebacker

Justin Tuggle, who made the team as an undrafted free agent last year, and Mike Mohamed, a three-year veteran who signed last year, are the inside starters.
Of the inside linebackers competing to play next to Cushing when the regular season begins, Tuggle wouldn't surprise anyone by winning the job. The son of longtime Atlanta Falcons linebacker Jessie Tuggle was one of the surprises of the Texans' 2013 camp when he impressed the coaches with his versatility, intelligence, instincts and ability to play special teams.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2014, 09:34:40 PM »
Texans signed RB William Powell.

Powell, 26, worked out for the Texans on Monday, along with Ronnie Brown and Brian Leonard. Powell was out of the league last season after averaging just 3.6 YPC behind a pathetic Arizona offensive line in 2012. After the Texans cut all three of RBs Andre Brown, Dennis Johnson, and Tim Cornett on Monday, Powell is No. 4 on the depth chart. The backfield is wide open behind Arian Foster.

Source: Josina Anderson on Twitter Aug 11 - 8:56 PM

Offline EMAWesome

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2014, 04:15:48 PM »

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2014, 10:20:04 AM »
William Powell is a texan!

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2014, 02:50:28 PM »
Daniel Thomas missed the Dolphins' second preseason game with a hamstring injury.

He also missed Miami's exhibition opener. Thomas has been sidelined for at least two weeks, which should continue to decrease his odds of making the Dolphins' 53-man roster. If Knowshon Moreno gets healthy, it's conceivable the Fins could go with just three backs: Lamar Miller, Moreno, and UDFA Damien Williams. Mike Gillislee is also on the shelf with a balky hamstring.

Aug 17 - 3:23 PM

:ohno:

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2014, 03:07:19 PM »
Daniel Thomas missed the Dolphins' second preseason game with a hamstring injury.

He also missed Miami's exhibition opener. Thomas has been sidelined for at least two weeks, which should continue to decrease his odds of making the Dolphins' 53-man roster. If Knowshon Moreno gets healthy, it's conceivable the Fins could go with just three backs: Lamar Miller, Moreno, and UDFA Damien Williams. Mike Gillislee is also on the shelf with a balky hamstring.

Aug 17 - 3:23 PM

:ohno:
Tampa may be looking for another rb to pickup.
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline Demo158

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2014, 02:59:17 PM »
Harper was cut by the Packers today... :cry:

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2014, 04:36:17 PM »
Harper was cut by the Packers today... :cry:

what a trash organization

Offline i poo crabs

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2014, 09:33:19 PM »
TTT cut too  :cry:

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2014, 09:34:56 PM »
TTT cut too  :cry:
sucks but he had no shot atl was the worst team he could go to

Offline i poo crabs

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2014, 09:42:40 PM »
zimmerman didn't play last week, and this week, i'm not seeing him in the box scores.  Not sure if he played and didn't record any stats or was held out again.

Either way, that doesn't look too promising