Author Topic: Michael Sam  (Read 49637 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Michael Sam
« Reply #100 on: February 09, 2014, 09:35:24 PM »
I'm kind of curious though, how LHCBS would react to a new recruit telling him that he was gay.

I don't think he cares about anything other than playing ball.

This.

Some fans might be uptight about it, but if he could play they'd get over it real quick.

LHC Bill Snyder had NO issue throwing Ell under the bus and going back on his word to Marcus Raines because of letter writing rubes. LHC Bill Snyder cares a lot about what people think about his decisions.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #101 on: February 09, 2014, 09:35:42 PM »

If Tebow was black nobody would have given a eff about his religion.

Nobody gave a eff as it was.  He made it the defining story of him.

If Tebow was good, nobody would give a crap. He was in college and they built statues for him

I'm pretty sure if you asked Tim, he'd say religion is what defines him.

And if you're going to pretend nobody hated him because he was christian, I guess it makes sense that you'll pretend he wasn't any good.

As if it mattered whether or not he even played football, hating someone because they're christian is just as stupid as hating someone because they are gay.  Yet, here we are at goE surrounded by a bunch of ignorant rough ridin' bigots.
As stated 10 times previously, no one here and very few people elsewhere actually hated him for his religious beliefs.  He was a great college QB, not a good NFL one, like Collin Klein, Vince Young, Eric Crouch, etc.

"As stated on here" should be your first clue that's complete bullshit.  Your next clue should be the millions of people who hate him because he's Christian.

I couldn't stand him because he wouldn't shut up about being a Christian, so everyone else wouldn't shut up about him being a Christian, and it took away from the fact that he was a mediocre quarterback who was using his faith to build his brand.

Klein was Christian as crap, but no one brought it up because he didn't wear it on his sleeve.  They're like the exact same guy, but Klein went about it the right way.  People tried to get him to go on about it, but he generally shut it down and just let his actions do the talking.

Back on topic, good for Sam.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 09, 2014, 09:36:52 PM »
goEMAW.com: When Michael Sam announced he was gay, someone posted his name with a thumbs-up, a bunch of people googled his name to figure out who he was, everyone was indifferent and/or positive, and fake sugar dick finally found a platform to talk about an aspiring quarterback.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 09, 2014, 09:37:47 PM »
I have no idea what FSD's point is. 

The bottom line is that it's cool that this guy had the courage to come out to his team (which had to have been a pretty scary thing) and it's cool that his team embraced him.

It's also cool that Tim is religious and that his team embraced him, even though a bunch of bigots hate him for being religious.

Looking back, the Tebow stuff started from Pete going Orr on Elijah Lee.

lol jfc

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #104 on: February 09, 2014, 09:38:56 PM »
goEMAW.com: When Michael Sam announced he was gay, someone posted his name with a thumbs-up, a bunch of people googled his name to figure out who he was, everyone was indifferent and/or positive, and fake sugar dick finally found a platform to talk about an aspiring quarterback.

Racist Piece of crap
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Jackstack99EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 09, 2014, 09:39:17 PM »
I have no idea what FSD's point is. 

The bottom line is that it's cool that this guy had the courage to come out to his team (which had to have been a pretty scary thing) and it's cool that his team embraced him.

It's also cool that Tim is religious and that his team embraced him, even though a bunch of bigots hate him for being religious.

Looking back, the Tebow stuff started from Pete going Orr on Elijah Lee.
There are much fewer people that hate Tebow because he's Christian(and they exist) than there are that hate Sam because he's gay.  It's a non-issue that you are making into an issue, people hating Tebow because he's Christian isn't affecting him nearly as much people hating Sam because he's gay(restriction of rights, many more bigots, etc.)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 09, 2014, 09:39:46 PM »
It's also cool that Tim is religious and that his team embraced him.
Yeah, I agree, weirdo.  Although, it's probably decidedly less intimidating telling your team that you're a Christian than it is to tell them that you're gay.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 09, 2014, 09:43:30 PM »
Guys stop ganging up on FSD, jesus christ.

times are tough for him with all of the attention the coloreds, the gays, and the godless heathens are getting; I mean hell they are almost being treated like equal humans, its tough time for our guy FSD

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 09, 2014, 09:44:47 PM »
Trim is right, fsd losing it over Tebow on gE is the biggest blip of the Sam announcement.

Still butthurt about the pit, aren't you?

It's okay, pal.

Beems level meltdown by fsd

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 09, 2014, 09:47:44 PM »
JFC, dweebs.

I hereby ratify and restate the goE marching orders:

Tebow being super-relijelly = self-serving brand building, his haters don't exist
Sam being gay = courageous, anyone opposing his lifestyle shall die in a fire.

Better?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 09, 2014, 10:00:51 PM »
I'm not mad about Tebow and don't know anyone who is. You claim a lot of people hate hi for his religion, I've never seen one person hate him for that reason. You haven't shown us anyone who hates him for that reason.  If people hate Tebow for his religion, they are just as stupid as people who hate Sam because he is gay.  But people use some Tebow persecution complex to gay bash. That's really weird

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 09, 2014, 10:01:14 PM »
Just imagine if this guy was a Nebraska player. Dayum
@Trogdor_gE

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 09, 2014, 10:25:09 PM »
I'm not mad about Tebow and don't know anyone who is. You claim a lot of people hate hi for his religion, I've never seen one person hate him for that reason. You haven't shown us anyone who hates him for that reason.  If people hate Tebow for his religion, they are just as stupid as people who hate Sam because he is gay.  But people use some Tebow persecution complex to gay bash. That's really weird

1. I don't believe you are actually this obtuse. 
2. Pete's Orr'ing of Elijah Lee caused all of this Tebow jibber jabber.  The only parallel is both people are the subject of hate because of their "lifestyle". 

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 09, 2014, 10:29:55 PM »
Why do people today feel obligated to make announcements about private matters? If he can play the game on the field, then great. That's enough. Anything else is beside the point. In any event, he doesn't owe an explanation to anyone about anything else and shouldn't feel compelled to issue one, unless he simply wants the attention for some concocted, politically-correct, heroic purpose. Nor should anyone feel they're owed one, save on the basis of some concocted, politically-correct, but actually prurient purpose.

Gay people need heros.  Just like misogynists needed bill clinton, pedophiles needed Roman Polanski, nymphos needed tiger woods, wankers needed peewee herman, and androginytes needed marilyn manson.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 09, 2014, 10:30:41 PM »
Yeah, I agree, weirdo.  Although, it's probably decidedly less intimidating telling your team that you're a Christian than it is to tell them that you're gay.

Probably more intimidating telling the NYT your christian than telling them your gay, tho

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 09, 2014, 10:34:01 PM »

Probably more intimidating telling the NYT your christian than telling them your gay, tho

damn, i was waiting for your liberal zinger reply to that post, and you really mailed it in.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 09, 2014, 10:35:32 PM »
Tebow being super-relijelly

This little gem made reading all of Fake FSD's meltdown worth it.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 09, 2014, 10:45:48 PM »
Is anyone gonna go get the phog.net gems?

So was he gay before he got to Columbia or did Columbia and MU turn him gay?

It amazes me that this is such a watershed moment for you all. I couldn't give a rats butt who or what he wants to have sex with. Go back in the closet. So stupid.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 09, 2014, 10:48:46 PM »
Is anyone gonna go get the phog.net gems?

So was he gay before he got to Columbia or did Columbia and MU turn him gay?

It amazes me that this is such a watershed moment for you all. I couldn't give a rats butt who or what he wants to have sex with. Go back in the closet. So stupid.

:curse:

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 09, 2014, 10:56:06 PM »
And Jack Stack thought only 5 people care what I say. Pffft, I have mods following me around this place, MODS son!

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: February 09, 2014, 10:57:57 PM »
And Jack Stack thought only 5 people care what I say. Pffft, I have mods following me around this place, MODS son!

lol

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 09, 2014, 10:58:47 PM »

damn, i was waiting for your liberal zinger reply to that post, and you really mailed it in.

Also, double "your"  "you're" fail, :blush:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 09, 2014, 11:18:26 PM »
This thread was so terrible

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 10, 2014, 12:23:05 AM »
i think NFL scouts/assistants might be some of the worst people around.

confirmed, complete pieces of crap:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20140209/michael-sam-draft-stock/

Offline konofo

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 10, 2014, 12:24:35 AM »
I do hate Tebow, but I live in Jacksonville, so I have earned that right.

Kudos to Mr. Sam.

kono