Author Topic: Short side option  (Read 5675 times)

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
Re: Short side option
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2013, 10:04:21 AM »
just so i know exactly where we're currently at with this discussion, your position is that Hubert is faster than Sproles based on the Rivals high school recruiting profile listed 40 time?

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2013, 10:05:43 AM »
im bored. can anyone find any successful kstate short side options on youtube? I know i've seen some but i'd like to see them again. every one i picture Sproles super juking a guy to make it work.

http://youtu.be/JS645aQt_6Y?t=2m38s

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2013, 10:09:40 AM »
just so i know exactly where we're currently at with this discussion, your position is that Hubert is faster than Sproles based on the Rivals high school recruiting profile listed 40 time?

My position is that Sams + Hubert is as fast as Ell + Sproles from the time the ball is snapped till the pitch is made/not made; or that if Ell + Sproles is faster, it's not by any appreciable margin to make the play more successful.  Sorry if that wasn't clear. 

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2013, 10:10:58 AM »

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2013, 10:11:36 AM »

My position is that Sams + Hubert is as fast as Ell + Sproles from the time the ball is snapped till the pitch is made/not made; or that if Ell + Sproles is faster, it's not by any appreciable margin to make the play more successful.  Sorry if that wasn't clear.

fair point.  imo sproles so quick that it made a difference.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2013, 10:13:30 AM »
I think it's because Sproles was (at minimum) just as good as Hubert at making people miss and better than him at shedding tackles.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2013, 10:21:42 AM »
I think it's because Sproles was (at minimum) just as good as Hubert at making people miss and better than him at shedding tackles.

Sproles was better than Hubert at everything, and that's not a knock on Hubert at all.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2013, 10:26:08 AM »

I think you need to go back and watch youtubes or dvds from 2002-2004 if you think "Sproles was (at minimum) just as good as Hubert at making people miss." The only thing John Hubert comes close to approaching Darren Sproles with is ball security. John Hubert is a ball security freak. This is no slam on Hubert, Sproles is a once in a generation player, comparing Hubert to him is beyond silly.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2013, 10:38:33 AM »

I think you need to go back and watch youtubes or dvds from 2002-2004 if you think "Sproles was (at minimum) just as good as Hubert at making people miss." The only thing John Hubert comes close to approaching Darren Sproles with is ball security. John Hubert is a ball security freak. This is no slam on Hubert, Sproles is a once in a generation player, comparing Hubert to him is beyond silly.

I don't think you know what "at minimum" means.