Author Topic: Will Currie take a meeting? ***NOW THE OFFICIAL NUTPAK THREAD***  (Read 26843 times)

Offline Poster formerly known as jthutch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Will Currie take a meeting? ***NOW THE OFFICIAL NUTPAK THREAD***
« Reply #125 on: May 17, 2012, 10:15:32 AM »
The suspense is killing me!   :excited:

Offline bakerman

• Big Salt Spokesperson
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 17, 2012, 10:27:13 AM »
 :bball: trim,  :bball:...

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 17, 2012, 11:29:13 AM »

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 17, 2012, 12:08:59 PM »
I've stopped off at some weirdo old balls restaurant in GC and set up my ipad and keyboard just to get this out now instead of later tonight, appreciate my efforts.

So, GCCPAkat and I poolside pak'd most of the afternoon before picking up one of his bros in Scott City for a drink prior to the nutpak.  When the 3 of us hit the pak, we were in a generally good mood.

Almost instantly, I see Currie in his clown suit.  I'll have pics eventually or somebody can add them from what I tweeted last night.  He must've gone to a cowboy store that day to buy clothes to fit in.  It was akin to him having a speech lined up at a jewish community center and getting a fake beard and hat to look like an orthodox jew.  I probably heard 50 "nice boots, :snicker:" from the crowd over the course of the night.

We grab some drinks and CPA is already fired up.  He wants to talk to Currie right then.  We save some seats, skip the dinner line and CPA approaches Currie at the back of the building where the back garage door was only partially open.  I stand back, not planning to engage at that time but snap some pics of the clownsuit.

Currie finds out CPA is an adult with a job and a family and instantly goes car salesman trying to sell CPA a suite.  CPA largely brushes that off and starts airing his greivances re: overcompliance and some other stuff I didn't catch before getting to Frank.  He asserts that Currie's personal issues led KSU to now having a worse coach than Frank.  Currie says he disagrees.  CPA says that obviously Frank is a better coach than Weber.  Currie tells him he's wrong.

I leap past CPA and ask Currie if it's his position that Weber's a better coach than Frank.  Currie says he's not going to talk to me with me coming at him with that tone.  WTF?  I ask him again, more calmly or whatever and he says that Weber has 200+ wins (he had the exact number).  I say, no crap, he's been coaching for a decade longer.  He says I can ask 10 national basketball people if Weber's good and at least 9 will confirm.  I say no crap, every national basketball person knows not to trash other basketball people, I'd actually get 10 out of 10 and I'm asking you, is Weber an upgrade from Frank.  He says they're both teriffic coaches.  I ask him again.  He says they're both teriffic coaches.  I ask him again.  He says he appreciates my passion and tells CPA that what we need is less negativity.  We tell him we love K-State.

Currie says we should love the BTF and WSC and all that's happening.  He said something about "we" building BTF and I ask who "we" is.  He says everyone here, himself, me, ...  Eventually he tossed in Frank.  I tell him winning basketball built BTF.  He says we all just need to come together for KSU.  We remind him that's not a problem for us and we love KSU.  I tell him I AM KSU and that he's some guy working here at the moment.

CPA asks what Currie's plans for the future are.  Currie babbles about West Side, CPA says no personally.  Currie says he wants to be at KSU.  I ask how the interviews have been going.  He acts puzzled.  I remind him he's interviewed for at least 3 other AD jobs since being here.  He says I'm saying things I don't know and that he's never even inquired about another job.  I tell him he has.  He asks for CPA's name and CPA tells him.  He asks for my name and I tell him Trim.  He asks for my last name and I tell him he already knows and if not, to look me up.  He walks off.  I tell him I want to hash out this interview thing and the cruise and to come outside where we can hear (it was getting loud with nuts being served).  He says he won't go outside with me and takes off.

We get our food, program starts.  Currie was early.  Typical speech.  Simoneau in HOF, Snyder didn't seem eager to stand up with him.  Made a joke about how fans could buy a suite for wives AND their girlfriends (HUR HUR HUR). 

JO and Will up next.  JO's a stud.  Will said what his dad told him to say.

Football players I think next.  I was trying to find a pisser and reloading on booze.

Weber up.  The usual.

OBz.  I think I saved the crowd from a BBBS speech by talking to him about it on line for food.  Maybe I got it out of his system.  CPA planned to ask "Michael Smith, great recruiter or the greatest recruiter?" but nobody took questions.  I imagine Currie aborted that feature of the program after the earlier incident.

Auctioned off stuff in the meantime.  CPA and his bro kept bidding agaist each other and entertaining the crowd.

Post-event, I chopped it up with JO, talked about DOB and his flag in 17.  He was very interested in how much the honorary coach for the ku bball game went for and I told him he deserves part of that $8K and some money for KSU filming that dude jumping him.  Told him the Wichita crew will have his back at that event should Wyatt make more chicken jokes.  He remembered.

Tre Walker has a mohawk, told him it looked good.  Asked if he was 230 yet and he says he's still at 228 and 235.  Told him word on goEMAW is that he needs a few more biscuits and explained all that, he says he'll get on the biscuits and get his weight up.

Pak'd for a while after, most of the coaches split to fly back to MHK, players stuck around.  Eventually got out and made it back to GC safely.

I'll probably remember more on my long drive home later today, but that's a decent chunk.  T-Y.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 17, 2012, 12:18:00 PM »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 17, 2012, 12:20:20 PM »

holy crap

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 17, 2012, 12:22:49 PM »
and that's a nice spread of low-medium booze/mixers trim.  you had to have felt right at home. 

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 17, 2012, 12:23:31 PM »
LOL :sdeek:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 17, 2012, 12:24:43 PM »
and that's a nice spread of low-medium booze/mixers trim.  you had to have felt right at home. 

I cleaned them out of crown earlier.  :thumbs:

Somebody tweet Tre a link to the biscuit thread and tell him it's what that drunk dude was babbling about last night.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 17, 2012, 12:26:09 PM »
I like the boots.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: May 17, 2012, 12:27:09 PM »
I like the boots.
I like your sarcasm.

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 17, 2012, 12:30:28 PM »
 :facepalm:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 17, 2012, 12:31:11 PM »
I think JO likes hanging with hicks at hick towns.  like there was that one picture of him with that cow somewhere and there wasn't even an event going on.  I would like to see him ride a horse.  I bet he could put on the brakes Flintstones style while astride the back of a regulation sized horse.  would be adorable. 

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 17, 2012, 12:35:13 PM »

holy crap

his stance is odd. like, leave the picture up on your screen and then stand on the ground and try to match his foot stance. not very comfortable. i mean what kind of maniac stands like that?

also, was it pour your own or was there a bartender or something. looks like they just had bottles of booze lined up on a table for people to help themselves to.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 17, 2012, 12:37:39 PM »
:facepalm:
Exactly Capt'. Currie's clown suit was ridiculous. :lol:

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 17, 2012, 12:38:19 PM »

holy crap

his stance is odd. like, leave the picture up on your screen and then stand on the ground and try to match his foot stance. not very comfortable.
It's a cowboy boot modeling pose...he saw it on a poster when he bought the boots in DC earlier in the day.

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 17, 2012, 12:47:40 PM »
cowboy store  :lol:
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 17, 2012, 12:49:22 PM »
I like the boots.
I like your sarcasm.

I would probably wear them.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 17, 2012, 12:51:47 PM »
cowboy store  :lol:

I bet it was Long's

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 17, 2012, 12:53:44 PM »
I'll say it...

Currie looks a heck of a lot better in boots than Frank did.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 17, 2012, 12:55:06 PM »
I'll say it...

frank looked awful in everything he's ever worn other than velour nike warmups

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 17, 2012, 12:58:30 PM »
Great work, Trim!  :thumbs:

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 17, 2012, 01:02:14 PM »
I'll say it...

I doubt you get much in the way of arguments for that one! He looked so awkward that it was adorable (we also liked him). JC is trying to fit in (and we don't like him).

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 17, 2012, 01:04:58 PM »

holy crap

his stance is odd. like, leave the picture up on your screen and then stand on the ground and try to match his foot stance. not very comfortable. i mean what kind of maniac stands like that?

also, was it pour your own or was there a bartender or something. looks like they just had bottles of booze lined up on a table for people to help themselves to.

Pigeon toed?  Clubed foot?