Author Topic: Football Recruiting Thread  (Read 5519832 times)

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
Re: Football Recruiting Thread
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2010, 11:04:54 AM »
Mediocre/bad programs ahead of us in recruiting rankings:
NC State
Maryland
Mississippi State
Baylor (OMFG)
Louisville
Kentucky
Minnesota
Iowa State (BARFLOL)
Purdue
Kansas
Vanderbilt (not even making this up)

Non-BCS programs ahead of us:
BYU
TCU
Utah
Houston
Fresno State
Southern Miss
Colorado State (srsly)

Our "peers":
Virginia
Colorado
Wake Forest
Illinois
Duke
Temple
Northwestern
Syracuse
Connecticut
Boise State (83rd/WTF)
Wisconsin (84th//atta boy Beilema!)
Washington State
Indiana
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline weird roberts foam finger

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2010, 01:41:11 PM »
Mediocre/bad programs ahead of us in recruiting rankings:
NC State
Maryland
Mississippi State
Baylor (OMFG)
Louisville
Kentucky
Minnesota
Iowa State (BARFLOL)
Purdue
Kansas
Vanderbilt (not even making this up)

Non-BCS programs ahead of us:
BYU
TCU
Utah
Houston
Fresno State
Southern Miss
Colorado State (srsly)

Our "peers":
Virginia
Colorado
Wake Forest
Illinois
Duke
Temple
Northwestern
Syracuse
Connecticut
Boise State (83rd/WTF)
Washington State
Indiana

This post should probably be required reading for anyone who thinks DOD pt. 2 is coming.

Here's a hint:  It's not.
"It could be best for his family for Cole to come back." -- Bill Self, NBA career killer

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2010, 08:27:48 PM »
Our "peers":
Virginia
Colorado
Wake Forest
Illinois
Duke
Temple
Northwestern
Syracuse
Connecticut
Boise State (83rd/WTF)
Washington State
Indiana

Would love to see a few more of these on the non-con slate. Random question: Could we win a road game at Indiana in 2010? Let the fact that you have to think about that sink in.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2010, 01:04:16 PM »
I think we'll be better this year.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2010, 10:59:58 PM »
I think we'll be better this year.

Oh, so you'll only predict us to lose to KU by two touchdowns?  :rolleyes:

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2010, 09:25:58 AM »
Really hope Kansas State coaches recruit really well this year.

5 - 5*
14 - 4*
5 - 3*
1 - NR

Offline BigShotAttorneyCat

• CEO, goEMAW.com
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2010, 12:44:51 PM »
2011 Springdale (Ark.) Shiloh Christian standout defensive tackle Samuel Harvill has had the attention of Arkansas and others for some time.

Harvill, 6-1, 270, 4.8, capable of bench pressing the same amount of weight he squats, a staggering 550 pounds, has yet to receive an offer from Arkansas but is hopeful to add one to a list that includes Kansas State, SMU and UNLV. The junior was supposed to be on The Hill last weekend, as Arkansas invited a number of juniors to visit, unofficially. However, an illness in his immediate family kept Harvill from being able to attend.

Samuel Harvill is the strongest high school athlete in the country

"I wasn't able to go, but Coach Allen (Arkansas' defensive tackles coach) told me to call him this week, so I'll be talking to him at some point later this week. Arkansas is recruiting me pretty heavy. Auburn is, and Oklahoma State is showing a lot of interest.", Harvill told HawgSports.com Monday night.

Harvill identifies his mailbox as evidence of the increased amount of attention he is receiving from colleges all over the land.

"I'm getting a million letters from a different places, every day, it seems like. I'm getting a lot from Florida State, Nebraska, LSU, places like that," he said.

Many more offers should be in the fold for this key component of Shiloh Christian's 2009 state championship team. While he's not yet sure at which summer events he'll be showcasing his talents, Harvill feels sure he will visit Manhattan (Kan.) at some point following the end of the school year.

"I'm sure I'll be going up to Kansas State, you know, I really like Kansas State right now," Harvill said. "Arkansas, Oklahoma State, and maybe Auburn, too [will get a visit].

"Once football season is over it's kind of boring, because I can't stand basketball.", Harvill said. "So I'm just lifting a lot and waiting for summer to start, to see what other offers I'm going to get, and just get ready for this next year. I know it's going to be a good year."

http://rivals.yahoo.com/kansasstate/football/recruiting/player-Samuel-Harvill-64567

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2010, 01:32:21 PM »
I know how this movie ends.   :frown:

Offline theswo

• Combo-Fan
  • Keep shooting, Gilbert
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2010, 05:03:18 PM »
Cameron Coffman ranked 44th nationally per rivals as a dual threat quarterback.  I have no idea what to think of this.

Also, his rivals description "The youngest brother from same family that has two other big-time football players."  :lol:
http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=2602

Offline CatsFan_58

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2010, 05:16:08 PM »
this thread is so depressing, its unreal...  :blank:

Offline ZmoneyKSU

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2010, 09:03:39 PM »
Please just stop adding to it unless there is solid, concrete, new good information.  Every time I see a new post on it, I know its only going to be depressing, and yet I can't look away and click on it anyway. 

When will I learn?

Offline BigShotAttorneyCat

• CEO, goEMAW.com
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2010, 01:08:01 PM »
Malcolm Brown: "Right now, I've got offers from a lot of great schools but the ones that really stand out are Oklahoma, Texas, Stanford, Baylor, Texas Tech, Kansas State and Notre Dame. I'm going to give everybody a fair shot but those are just a few that jumped out to me early."

Cameron Coffman: "K-State has verbally offered. Coach Snyder said they were going to honor the scholarship offer coach Prince made when he was there. So that's a good thing to have on the plate."

Kiehl Frazier: "Frazier has already visited Arkansas, Kansas State, Oklahoma State, Tennessee and Notre Dame. He said all of those trips have gone well but none stood out above the rest as especially impressive"

Bubba Starling: "Early offers have already come from Kansas, Kansas State, and Baylor. Starling has been receiving mail from schools all over the country. Now that he is looking at the possibility of the college route his interest has picked up."

Quandre Diggs: "Diggs already holds offers from Arkansas, Baylor, Houston, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas A&M, and Tulsa, and TCU and Kansas St. have let him know offers may be on the way shortly."

Darrian Miller: "The Class of 2011 prospect is sending out more video this month to a number of schools that have shown interest, including Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Illinois, Wisconsin, and Arkansas."

Marquis Jackson: "I would say the schools that have my attention, my top four would be Texas, Florida, USC and Alabama."

Rayshon Williams: "Williams projects as one of the state's top prospects for 2010. He has drawn early interest from Kansas State, Miami, Colorado, Notre Dame, Nebraska, UCLA and Washington."

Brendon Austin: "Colorado offered in early September, Stanford offered in October and Kansas State stepped up to the plate with an offer on Thursday."

Austin Blythe: "Iowa, Iowa State, Notre Dame has been sending a letter every day or so, and I have also gotten letters periodically from Kansas State, Wisconsin, Oregon, and the schools that have shown interest before."

Kevin McReynolds: "Coach Chris Cosh is really doing a good job with me. I'm probably going to go out there for a visit, but I'm not going to be able to make it all the way out there until the summer. It's pretty far away for me. I'm going to hit up the schools in this area first."

Dan Tapko: "Some other schools sending mail to Tapko are Kansas, Kansas State, Oklahoma, UCLA, Georgia and Tennessee."

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2010, 02:29:10 PM »
As far as I know, we have offers on the table to the following HS players:

QUARTERBACK

kiehl frazier
cameron coffman
bubba starling

RUNNINGBACK

malcolm brown
quandre diggs
darrian miller
rodney coe

WIDE RECEIVER/TIGHT END

marquis jackson
jafus gaines
chris barnett

OFFENSIVE LINE

brendon austin
jordan phillips
cody whitehair (committed)

DEFENSIVE LINE

kevin mcreynolds
samuel harvill
hunter davis
dan tapko

LINEBACKER

none

DEFENSIVE BACK

skylar hawkins
franklin shannon

ATHLETE

hakeem flowers
shamir jeffery

according to scout, thats 2 *****, 4 ****, 8 *** and 7 unevaluated.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2010, 03:11:42 PM »

QUARTERBACK

kiehl frazier
cameron coffman
bubba starling

saved us some time

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2010, 04:14:57 PM »
Cameron Coffman any good? Lets pretend he's not related to Carson. now answer my question
EMAW

Offline CatsFan_58

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2010, 02:15:58 AM »
Cameron Coffman any good? Lets pretend he's not related to Carson. now answer my question
nobody can be that objective, lol.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2010, 09:21:34 AM »
This kid is supposedly walking on.  Goes to the same HS as Frazier and that really strong kid.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/illinois/football/recruiting/player-Mitchell-Roberts-72091

Offline SuperG

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2010, 10:45:36 AM »
This kid is supposedly walking on.  Goes to the same HS as Frazier and that really strong kid.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/illinois/football/recruiting/player-Mitchell-Roberts-72091

Non-qualifier? Why would he pass up offers to walk-on here?

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2010, 10:58:09 AM »

Only one reasonable answer. He really wants to be here.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2010, 11:08:19 AM »

I'm guessing he had his offers pulled.  Somebody mentioned he had a pretty bad injury his senior season or something.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2010, 10:29:51 AM »
While I've seen this movie before it appears we are making some offers right now . . . I sense a more aggressive situation in the Vanier offices on recruiting.

But I won't be holding my breath.

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2010, 11:18:15 AM »
any noteworthy kids that came to JR day?

TANtom

« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2010, 05:19:13 PM »
It will be interesting to see if the staff has as much luck with non-qualifiers this year as they did last year.

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2010, 10:16:50 PM »

QUARTERBACK

kiehl frazier
cameron coffman
bubba starling

RUNNINGBACK

malcolm brown
quandre diggs
darrian miller
rodney coe

WIDE RECEIVER/TIGHT END

marquis jackson
jafus gaines
chris barnett

OFFENSIVE LINE

brendon austin
jordan phillips
cody whitehair (committed)

DEFENSIVE LINE

kevin mcreynolds
samuel harvill
hunter davis
dan tapko

LINEBACKER

none

DEFENSIVE BACK

skylar hawkins
franklin shannon

ATHLETE

hakeem flowers
shamir jeffery

according to scout, thats 2 *****, 4 ****, 8 *** and 7 unevaluated.
I sent one of fatty's video's to him. Kansas State Football- Our Story.. the response from darrian was nice. "That video was TIGHT, Its definitely a possiblity" - on coming to ksu.
EMAW

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2010, 01:26:38 PM »
People are amazed that Texas already has 14 commits for 2011.  K-State prolly already has that many with all the grayshirts, juco placements and secret transfers.  :ksu: