Author Topic: is it ok to just not like oscar weber?  (Read 4576 times)

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
Re: is it ok to just not like oscar weber?
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2018, 11:06:32 AM »
I hope athletic directors don’t check message boards before hiring coaches. 
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2018, 11:52:41 AM »
I don't understand not liking him as a person. I think most who say this don't like Currie and have determined to dig their heels in.

You need a list of bad character traits or what?

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2018, 12:41:26 PM »
I don't understand not liking him as a person. I think most who say this don't like Currie and have determined to dig their heels in.

Currie is the worst.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2018, 12:58:35 PM »
I'm very fluid on my position on this and all other topics. Like, when we are not good I probably will not like him. When we are good, I will. I'd suggest this position to the rest of you as well.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2018, 01:02:16 PM »

I think the way he treated and talks about Marcus Foster is pretty dickish.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2018, 01:21:43 PM »
At the heart of it, oscar Weber is a survivor, and not in a real positive connotation. He's willing to blame anything and everything on someone else if it means he gets to keep coaching. He blamed early struggles on Illinois on Bill Self, he blamed later struggles at Illinois on Chicago handlers, he blamed his failures at K-State on a group of players that HE recruited. If something goes wrong it's someone else's fault. If we lose to KU it's because The Flush or Nino Williams just didn't play well enough. If the whole team plays bad it's jet lag. It's always something with that guy. But by far the most egregious are the heinous rumors about Marcus Foster and co. that he let fester and spread completely unchecked, not to this day has he cast any doubt upon the insanity that surrounded that situation, and it resulted in enough positive sentiment toward him that he was able to convince the AD to let him blow up his own roster and start over. After three entire years on the job, and after he was just fired for performance at Illinois. I don't know it if was purposeful, but it sure benefited him greatly that a public backlash developed toward his players during that season. So, either on purpose, or because he lacks the social skills of a normal human being, he continues to protect his image by damaging the image of others. That is what makes him a shitty person.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2018, 01:37:25 PM »
crap, I used my 'mousse account instead of my Trim account and forgot to include paragraph breaks.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2018, 01:49:41 PM »
 :peek:
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2018, 01:52:13 PM »
pretty much nailed it there

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2018, 01:54:47 PM »
crap, I used my 'mousse account instead of my Trim account and forgot to include paragraph breaks.

et tu, chingon.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2018, 02:06:24 PM »
my 2nd favorite La Croix (after Peach Pear) really nailed it but did forget the losing hand shake blow by.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2018, 04:03:14 PM »
At the heart of it, oscar Weber is a survivor, and not in a real positive connotation. He's willing to blame anything and everything on someone else if it means he gets to keep coaching. He blamed early struggles on Illinois on Bill Self, he blamed later struggles at Illinois on Chicago handlers, he blamed his failures at K-State on a group of players that HE recruited. If something goes wrong it's someone else's fault. If we lose to KU it's because The Flush or Nino Williams just didn't play well enough. If the whole team plays bad it's jet lag. It's always something with that guy. But by far the most egregious are the heinous rumors about Marcus Foster and co. that he let fester and spread completely unchecked, not to this day has he cast any doubt upon the insanity that surrounded that situation, and it resulted in enough positive sentiment toward him that he was able to convince the AD to let him blow up his own roster and start over. After three entire years on the job, and after he was just fired for performance at Illinois. I don't know it if was purposeful, but it sure benefited him greatly that a public backlash developed toward his players during that season. So, either on purpose, or because he lacks the social skills of a normal human being, he continues to protect his image by damaging the image of others. That is what makes him a shitty person.

huggins and martin blamed players, fans, etc all the time. as do a million other coaches. next!

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2018, 04:11:45 PM »
Ya but he does it with a squeaky voice.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2018, 06:31:43 PM »
hey wacks and stunner, this thread isn’t yet another place for you two to throw crap at people who don’t like oscar

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2018, 07:39:21 PM »
Ya but he does it with a squeaky voice.
Squeaky voice is about last on the list of reasons I can't stand oscar.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2018, 08:18:03 PM »

That's fine and some of it is absolutely on point. The blaming of players thing seems a bit lame to me because he's being honest. We know Barry didn't execute that final play against KU, we all have eyes. For me I'd rather a coach be honest publicly with his observations rather than say publicly "it's my fault" while motherfucking the player behind closed doors.

I also think what you describe, I call the personality type a blamer, would be ignored if the circumstances of his hire were different. He's human, he like the rest of us have undesirable personality traits. My wife is a blamer, I'd murder for her.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2018, 08:20:35 PM »
remember when everyone kept saying "oscar is lucky to have a 6'10" 4 star stud in our backyard"?

then we get to the freaking elite 8 without Claws :lol:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2018, 08:35:49 PM »
I do not remember that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2018, 08:44:27 PM »
yea no one ever said that
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2018, 08:55:51 PM »
Probably a lot of KU guys were talking about it at The Wheel or something.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2018, 10:01:28 PM »
yea i just made it up