Author Topic: How good are we/also with rd  (Read 7007 times)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
How good are we/also with rd
« on: March 25, 2018, 09:08:25 AM »
How good are we? I legit don't know. We were ok in conf this year but appeared to be pretty out gunned by the good teams. Then we went on the run and looked junkyard cats like and I was like wow I might have to adjust what I think because they are playing so hard and tough. Then we got blown out by an 11 seed and looked brucelike again. Stagnant offense, kind of lazy d.

Also..If everybody of importance comes back (really seems like dean wants to try and test the waters and hopefully get drafted) what is a reasonable expectation for next year? Fourth again but a higher seed because we know what we have and maybe schedule Non con harder? Or are we good enough that we make a a run for a conf champy?

Also...how excited are we all about X? Three headed monster next year with him, Barry and dean? 

Also...why do I now feel more confident with him jacking up threes than Barry or kam and why has Barry stopped looking for those shots? As the tournament rolled on it started to seem obvious that bbj didn't want to shoot from 3. I think that hurt our offense and his ability to drive yesterday.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
Re: How good are we/also with rd
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2018, 09:31:13 AM »
doesn't have to be black and white.

overall i am satisfied with this season because we made it to the elite eight, regardless of circumstances.

however i am not satisfied that we looked like dogshit against the top 3 teams in our conference. i am not convinced that just because we return everybody we'll automatically be better next year. k-state has been known to crap all over preseason hype, so i am dubious.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2018, 09:34:21 AM »
We will challenge KU for a share of the regular season title and fall just short.  Get a 3/4 seed.  Go to S16.  OOD will be back and it will be the most fun any KSU basketball fan has had since 2010. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2018, 09:43:14 AM »
We will challenge KU for a share of the regular season title and fall just short.  Get a 3/4 seed.  Go to S16.  OOD will be back and it will be the most fun any KSU basketball fan has had since 2010.
Those are my expectations. Fell a little short on the regular season this year. Post season was fantastic. Would have loved a FF but I'll take the Elite 8.

Go Cats.

Offline cat97

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2018, 10:31:24 AM »
Those are my expectations. Fell a little short on the regular season this year. Post season was fantastic. Would have loved a FF but I'll take the Elite 8.

Go Cats.
  Good post.  We got beat by a team that hit it's first 10 shots or so.  It happens.  We have everybody back.  Beat teams like TCU who was considered a very good team and now losing a number of seniors.  TT is losing a lot of production in Keenan Evans.  Texas losing the big man.  OSU losing Smith, and two good seniors in Carrol and Soloman.  OU losing Young.  Baylor losing a lot of senior production.  WVU losing two starting guards. 

All these teams will recruit replacements and be good next year.  We will have two pre season All Big 12 players on our team and  we should look forward to having a great year with guys like Diarra, McQuirl, Sneed and Mawien all improving and adding Williams and maybe a juco rebounder.   Chance to do some good things next year is good but never guaranteed. 

If you can not be excited about our basketball prospects for next year then you never will be.   

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2018, 11:25:50 AM »
Top 3 Big 12 finish

No more than 2 games behind conference lead throughout February/early March

6 seed or better, Sweet 16 or better in the tourney

These are my expectations for our Cats next year

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2018, 01:25:05 PM »
i think a jump from a kp 14ish to a kp 18ish team is realistic (rating, not rank).  i wouldn't expect the juniors to improve much, but the freshmen could see marked improvements in their games.  with as many as there are, it's likely that at least one will be much better.

plus kp 13-18 just seems like it's kstate's normal range these days.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2018, 01:31:18 PM »
this team really is a reflection of their coach and with exception of one player, has no self confidence or toughness.  we will continue to melt in the spotlight against better teams because of it.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2018, 01:42:19 PM »
this team really is a reflection of their coach and with exception of one player, has no self confidence or toughness.  we will continue to melt in the spotlight against better teams because of it.

Yea none of that is true

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2018, 01:49:37 PM »
:lol:  who jacked wetwillie’s log in?

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2018, 01:53:20 PM »
Team is full of swag and toughness bro, I know it’s weird given what we have been subjected to in recent memory.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2018, 01:54:22 PM »
no they really aren’t but maybe you’re thinking of some other team that isn’t k state

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2018, 01:55:06 PM »
2018 - 2019
Strengths:
Guards, with Diarra and McGuirl we have a good rotation with Brown and Stokes. Incoming Williams from St. Louis should contribute.
Forwards.  Sneed and Wade very good, but we need a good backup.  I think Mawein could be a good sub.
Weaknesses:
Post players.  Boy this is an area that needs big help.  Hopefully we can find a replacement for Sallah and possibly Love.
Goodbye:
Patrick for sure.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2018, 02:00:13 PM »
no they really aren’t but maybe you’re thinking of some other team that isn’t k state

BBJ and Sneed made first team all swag for the south regional, probably haven’t had a chance to review the data yet.  Now did Dean Wolf’s toughness take a hit not playing more than 8 minutes in the last 6 games, maybe it did clams maybe it did.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2018, 02:07:53 PM »
Now did Dean Wolf’s toughness take a hit not playing more than 8 minutes in the last 6 games, maybe it did clams maybe it did.

kso has a lot of people that seem to think it did.  my goodness, those people.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2018, 02:10:37 PM »
Now did Dean Wolf’s toughness take a hit not playing more than 8 minutes in the last 6 games, maybe it did clams maybe it did.

kso has a lot of people that seem to think it did.  my goodness, those people.
eff those people

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2018, 02:12:30 PM »
Yes very shameful that ‘clams thinks this team lacks toughness because wade sat out.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2018, 02:24:13 PM »
I still think they played soft quite a bit.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
How good are we/also with rd
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2018, 02:26:25 PM »
I was never convinced Wade was much of a gamer. I think of him as a chill Jordy Nelson, just takes advantage of his talent (his hand eye coordination seems off the charts) and does a lot of stuff right. Brown and Sneed for sure have swag, and I think Diarra could make a pretty big jump next year.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2018, 02:29:34 PM »
I still think they played soft quite a bit.

that's just the style of defense, i think.  but we've seen over six years now, that weber can consistently produce a top 30/40ish defense without having it look very efforty.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2018, 02:31:46 PM »
the oboarding style also contributes not the non-efforty look, but i think it's more fair to criticize that.  it's a stylistic choice too, but being poor at oboarding is being bad at oboarding, there's not an alternate way to skin that cat.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2018, 02:33:46 PM »
Diarra's braids ooze pure swag. Provided he doesn't make a 'do change in the off-season, with another year of growth under his band, I expect him to be up his swag game considerably next season.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2018, 02:45:41 PM »
Yea he has swag potential along with McGuirl. 

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2018, 03:14:51 PM »
12 Big 12 wins minimum.
3-4 seed minimum.
2nd weekend.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2018, 03:16:32 PM »