Author Topic: They are OU red butt Cat Stompers. We can out turnover them.  (Read 3835 times)

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
They are OU red butt Cat Stompers. We can out turnover them.
« on: February 22, 2018, 09:39:07 AM »
 :Crybaby:
Earlier I worried about this game.  But if we can win a defensive game like last night, we should feast on one of the nation’s worst defensive teams.  Besides we seem to play pretty good on the road.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 06:33:07 PM by renocat »

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: They are l-OU-sy. We can out offense them.
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 09:40:58 AM »
no way the big 12 refs let OU lose this one
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline joaks01

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 10:40:45 AM »
I think we'll go 1-1 @ OU and @ TCU and feel better about going to Fort Worth than Norman. We can and absolutely should beat OU if they keep up the post-KU slump, but I think we'll see a different team fighting for their lives.

Either way, I'll be happy with 1-1, so long as we beat Baylor at home to close it out. 2-1 in this stretch puts us at no worse than 4th with a pretty good chance at 3rd. Miles better than what I expected at the beginning of the year, or even two weeks ago coming off the ass whooping @ WVU.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2018, 10:49:44 AM »
I'm not saying they won't, but at what point does this OU fight really happen? Their last 4 losses in this 6 game slide have been by 8, 10, 11, and 30. I don't see much wounded dog mentality from this team, but maybe we will Saturday. Honestly, I still don't think they will defend and their biggest hope at this point is Young going off for 40 or something.

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2018, 12:32:38 PM »
They don't fight.  Just like Texas last night...you just see it as the game wears on and things aren't going right.  They just kinda quit.  Texas just mailed it in last night with about 4 min left.  I remember watching and thinking...this team has no fight.  I feel the same about OU when i've watched them this year.  I don't see it.  I think we win at OU and at TCU.  The only game that concerns me is Baylor.  I want 12-6!  For oscar!

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2018, 02:00:17 PM »
do you guys remember when wvu beat us by 38?  tough night, huh? 

had we played ou or tcu with our effort last night, we would have had another loss like that.  anyway, this team didn’t look like one with the momentum they need to make a run.

that was some ugly crap last night

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2018, 02:22:42 PM »
kstate will win by 20 or so.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2018, 02:31:24 PM »
They don't fight.  Just like Texas last night...you just see it as the game wears on and things aren't going right.  They just kinda quit.  Texas just mailed it in last night with about 4 min left.  I remember watching and thinking...this team has no fight.  I feel the same about OU when i've watched them this year.  I don't see it.  I think we win at OU and at TCU.  The only game that concerns me is Baylor.  I want 12-6!  For oscar!

It was king of crazy. Once Barry took over (and they lost Roach, because of Barry), they were absolutely done.

do you guys remember when wvu beat us by 38?  tough night, huh? 

had we played ou or tcu with our effort last night, we would have had another loss like that.  anyway, this team didn’t look like one with the momentum they need to make a run.

that was some ugly crap last night

Yeah, like when Frank got drilled in Lawrence then lost to McNeck's awful Iowa State team on Denny's senior night to finish 2010. Come on clams. These ugly games happen every single year a couple times in Big 12 play.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2018, 02:32:35 PM »
I’m not sure they make body bags in clams size so I’ll get to stitchin
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2018, 03:10:40 PM »
Yeah, like when Frank got drilled in Lawrence then lost to McNeck's awful Iowa State team on Denny's senior night to finish 2010. Come on clams. These ugly games happen every single year a couple times in Big 12 play.

hey ksu_FANNING, this isn't about frank.  last saturday we lost by 19 at home to a team that lost to osu last night.  and then there's the 16 point loss to tech in lubbock, and the 14 pt loss to a weak ku team at home.

3 of our last 6 games we couldn't get out of the 50's, one of those 3 we couldn't even score 50.  51, 47, 58.  impressive stuff.

-bag 'em and tag 'em, wetwillie

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2018, 03:15:08 PM »
hey ksu_FANNING

:lol:

We've won 3 in a row. I don't know if we're on a good run, bad run, or otherwise yet. I just know in 10 it didn't matter even though many of us were freaking out after those 2 losses. I know I was.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2018, 03:23:21 PM »
i'm glad we won last night but it's like people here are forgetting how shitty we played last night and have been playing and are now talking about 7/8 seeds and winning at ou

it's rough ridin' weird

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2018, 03:32:45 PM »
Their last 8 games they have been outdone about 1.17 to 1.05 PPP.  And have allowed 57.0 eFG.

It's been ugly since the Poke-A-Doke game

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2018, 03:41:04 PM »
are now talking about 7/8 seeds and winning at ou

if you've been following posse's brackets thread, you'd know that the difference between being a 7 seed and not making the tournament is whether or not you beat some kp 112 dude from the a10 three months ago.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2018, 04:16:23 PM »

hey ksu_FANNING, this isn't about frank.  last saturday we lost by 19 at home to a team that lost to osu last night.  and then there's the 16 point loss to tech in lubbock, and the 14 pt loss to a weak ku team at home.

3 of our last 6 games we couldn't get out of the 50's, one of those 3 we couldn't even score 50.  51, 47, 58.  impressive stuff.

-bag 'em and tag 'em, wetwillie

Many B12 teams have been up & down.  That Ok St that lead by 15+ last night was losing to Us by 20 on the same court. 

Monday was first time all conference season, the Ku Students got to start the Rock Chalk chant with over a 1:00 left

Baylor was on a roll, winners of 4 in a row.  Then trailed 50-22 early in 2nd at home

Your Point is valid about our offense having 4 bad performances in the 7 games.  On the glass half full side, our defense was good or decent in 6 of those 7 (WV game)

Offline joaks01

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2018, 06:37:33 PM »
I'm not saying they won't, but at what point does this OU fight really happen? Their last 4 losses in this 6 game slide have been by 8, 10, 11, and 30. I don't see much wounded dog mentality from this team, but maybe we will Saturday. Honestly, I still don't think they will defend and their biggest hope at this point is Young going off for 40 or something.

You’re probably right, but at some point I’d think the possibility of missing out on the tourney altogether would light a fire under their asses. A home game against a beatable opponent seems like an opportune time to gather their wits.

With that being said, they’ve had a quite a few chances to do that during the 2-9 stretch and haven’t shown any fight apart from the KU win. But this is the first time I’ve heard any legimitate bubble talk. Their huge wins will get them in at 18, maybe 17 wins, but I wouldn’t feel safe about being on the right side of the bubble finishing 1-2 or worse—which I think is likely if they lose Saturday.

I hope I’m wrong—the last month would certainly suggest that I am—but I don’t expect them to lie over and die here. But hey, even an above average effort from OU doesn’t seal a win if we come out hot. Hope the road Cats of late show up.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2018, 09:23:54 PM »
I don't know whether we'll win at OU, it seems unlikely that K-State will play to seed, so to speak, the entire rough ridin' conference schedule. That would be some weird crap. But, I'm kind of interested to see if it plays out that way. It's no #kp30nt, but it's something.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2018, 09:37:02 PM »
We're gonna lose and oscar will definitely mention 9 big 12 tournament teams in the post game

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2018, 09:39:06 PM »
We're gonna lose and oscar will definitely mention 9 big 12 tournament teams in the post game

If you're going to enjoy oscar in an ironic way, these are the moments. That would be classic oscar.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2018, 09:21:46 AM »
TBH, I'm scared of Young blowing up tonight for 40+. It can happen at any time.

OU 87 - Cats 83. :(

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2018, 11:02:25 AM »
relax, _fan.  we're gonna win by 20.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2018, 02:34:34 PM »
young’s points don’t scare me, it’s his assists that we need to worry about

that guy can kobe bryant the crap out of the ball tonight for all I care (and he will)

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2018, 05:04:36 PM »
Does @jmarks still post streams?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2018, 05:34:00 PM »
I don't think we'll win by 20, sys.