Author Topic: How come we don't love Oscar?  (Read 12653 times)

Offline cat97

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: How come we don't love Oscar?
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2018, 09:42:39 AM »
  Some like Weber.  Some don't.  Doesn't matter really.  If Weber wins enough this year, he'll be back whether you like him or not.  Meanwhile we have a real basketball team to watch. 

If you do not like what you are seeing from the players on this team during the last couple of weeks and are not interested in possibilities for this team,  you don't really like KSU basketball. 

Through 8 Big 12 games, you have been watching two Big 12 All conference level performances from Brown and Wade.  Mawein coming on and actually being a big the other team has to consider.  Sneed and Diarra playing good defense and fitting into the team structure.  Wainright flashing some potential at times. 

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2018, 09:48:03 AM »
Well I don’t like him because he’s not Frank and does the opposite of what Frank would do in almost every situation (win NCAA games, be loved by his players, be accountable, be charismatic, it goes on)

His guys are very loyal to him.
Yeah, not sure where that statement came from. The guys who have stuck around love oscar and the staff.

He's had two players in like 6 years that have seemed to really, genuinely enjoy him. They are both still on the team. You guys are suffering from an acute case of recency bias.
You don't live in Manhattan, so I have no idea how you could come to this conclusion. Southwell liked him enough to come back and be a grad assistant with him. Sounds like you have a little bias coming out yourself.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2018, 10:08:50 AM »
Dumpster-diving is gross.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2018, 10:12:49 AM »
i like my dogs and don't like my neighbor's dogs.  they're all dogs, but i only like some of them.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2018, 10:33:35 AM »
I like most dogs
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2018, 10:42:37 AM »
I love dogs but hate my neighbors dog. :ck:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2018, 10:47:56 AM »
Almost time to merge this w/Nassar thread.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2018, 11:07:53 AM »
Just got a new dog yesterday!

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2018, 11:16:00 AM »
Pics bro

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2018, 11:27:31 AM »
I like dogs and I like my neighbors dog. she likes to come over and play with my dogs. I do not like when she shits in my yard though

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2018, 11:44:13 AM »
Well I don’t like him because he’s not Frank and does the opposite of what Frank would do in almost every situation (win NCAA games, be loved by his players, be accountable, be charismatic, it goes on)

His guys are very loyal to him.
Yeah, not sure where that statement came from. The guys who have stuck around love oscar and the staff.

He's had two players in like 6 years that have seemed to really, genuinely enjoy him. They are both still on the team. You guys are suffering from an acute case of recency bias.

I know you are gE'ing but I (and my multiple sources close to the situation) will still point out that you are 100% incorrect. 

Offline brandochav

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2018, 11:47:21 AM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Frank is not a good coach, and is TOO emotional. Brad was his everything. He's had one great season at SC, and who knows how much he is directly responsible for. Yeah yeah...he gets and deserves credit for it, just saying context is everything.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2018, 12:22:21 PM »
because being a perpetual bubble team is stupid and lame

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2018, 12:27:55 PM »

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2018, 12:28:43 PM »
v nice dog

Offline brandochav

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2018, 12:44:42 PM »
I'm mixed on oscar, sometimes we look very good and sometimes we look confused. I think we should let this offense develop before rushing to conclusions though. Give him credit for an early defensive focus, with understanding how offensive flow will come with experience...take the growing,pains,and teachable,moments along the way (e.g., The Flush ever since @KU). We have players. We have D. We can have O.

Frank had one stellar season at K-State and we bung the moon for him, but couldn't get past S16 with one of the best teams we've had and was close or on the bubble for at least half of our bids. He relies on berated effort and a clutch player. I honestly don't see Frank developing much out of anyone who wouldn't have done it without him anyway...a la Pullen. Kelly, maybe? His key to success is recruiting, pure and simple. At least BW, as awkward as he is, knows bball.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2018, 01:29:26 PM »

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2018, 01:39:11 PM »
I'm mixed on oscar, sometimes we look very good and sometimes we look confused. I think we should let this offense develop before rushing to conclusions though. Give him credit for an early defensive focus, with understanding how offensive flow will come with experience...take the growing,pains,and teachable,moments along the way (e.g., The Flush ever since @KU). We have players. We have D. We can have O.

Frank had one stellar season at K-State and we bung the moon for him, but couldn't get past S16 with one of the best teams we've had and was close or on the bubble for at least half of our bids. He relies on berated effort and a clutch player. I honestly don't see Frank developing much out of anyone who wouldn't have done it without him anyway...a la Pullen. Kelly, maybe? His key to success is recruiting, pure and simple. At least BW, as awkward as he is, knows bball.

That dumbass Frank that doesn't know basketball has a Final Four and Elite 8 in the time span where awkward know-it-all oscar won a single first round game.  idiot

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2018, 01:40:28 PM »
Pics bro

We named him Royal. 7 weeks old.

does he absorb contact and finish at the bowl?
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline Poster formerly known as jthutch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2018, 01:51:13 PM »
His in game micromanaging and not being able to stay off the court irritates me to no end.  I coach youth basketball and see why he does it but I'm coaching kids that have only been playing for a year or 2 and practice 1-2 times a week for an hour.  his players should not need the amount of yelling (coaching) from the sideline.  This feels like he does not prepare them during practice well enough. 

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2018, 01:57:45 PM »
That pup is huge for 7 weeks  :eek:

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2018, 01:57:56 PM »

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2018, 02:01:35 PM »
That pup is huge for 7 weeks  :eek:

Oops. 7 months. Months.

does he absorb contact and finish at the bowl?

Of course.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2018, 02:01:56 PM »

This is an unbelievably bad take. I mean, what in the actual eff are you talking about?

To rebut your tournament hot takes, In the 4 out of 5 years with Frank that we went to the tournament, we had a 2, 5, 8, and 11 seed. 1 year on the bubble. We also made it to at least the round of 32 in each of those years.   We went to an elite 8 with "one of the best teams we've had" (which I guess you give no credit to Frank for?).  For comparison, oscar has been to 3 in 5, had a 4, 9, and 11 seed and has never made the round of 32.

It's horribly tired at this point to compare Frank and oscar, but apparently it still needs to be done.
:adios:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2018, 02:03:24 PM »
His in game micromanaging and not being able to stay off the court irritates me to no end.  I coach youth basketball and see why he does it but I'm coaching kids that have only been playing for a year or 2 and practice 1-2 times a week for an hour. his players should not need the amount of yelling (coaching) from the sideline.  This feels like he does not prepare them during practice well enough.
:lol: