Author Topic: Frank, still impactful. oscar, not.  (Read 1512 times)

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Frank, still impactful. oscar, not.
« on: August 28, 2017, 10:38:07 AM »

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Frank, still impactful. oscar, not.
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 02:19:44 PM »
I am kind of bothered that our players have no adulation for Oscar.  Franks player's talk about loving him.  I don't know if they respect or are afraid of Oscar, just kind of middle of the road.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 02:23:44 PM »
Get Tracy an espn3 login so she can check out some oscar & stan dialogue.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2017, 07:05:47 AM »
Trim I agree Watt and Stan are good cheerleaders and make everything sound good in the program.  However I do not read in articles about Kansas State any real expressions of affection by players for Weber like Snyder gets from his players.  It seems successful coaches get this from players.  The troubles with Foster types to me indicate players don't fear him, and recruits not saying that they want to play for him to me indicates he has trouble making personal connection with players and parents.  Weber is a decent man that doesn't mistreat his players, but plain white toast is good too.

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2017, 09:21:03 AM »
I am kind of bothered that our players have no adulation for Oscar.  Franks player's talk about loving him.  I don't know if they respect or are afraid of Oscar, just kind of middle of the road.

This is, arguably, the major underlying problem with oscar that gets little attention. It is the main reason that Frankites continue to exist. oscar is Wooldridge 2.0 in his ability to connect with players. They simply don't take him seriously, or at least as serious as we need them to in order to build a program. oscar is better with the X's and O's than Wooly ever was and has better network/recruiting ties than Wolly ever did, but on the connecting with players side of things they are mirror images of each other.