Author Topic: Pokes coming to the Bram  (Read 6702 times)

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
Re: Pokes coming to the Bram
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2018, 10:54:10 AM »
Good win by the Cats.  OSU isn't a pushover by any means. Our defensive philosophy absolutely drives me nuts though.
I only watched the last five minutes and the number of times we overhelped on a drive and gave up a wide open three was astounding.

I think we overcompensated. OSU gets the ball out in transition as well as anyone I've watched this year and their guards constantly got to the rim throughout the first half and much of the 2nd. They just adjusted to drive and kick at the end once they decided to foul and extend the game.
oscar has to do this a lot

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2018, 11:33:27 AM »
just think, if Barry only scores 33 we probably lose to one of the worst teams in the conference at home.

It would sucked to waste Barry's performance.  The previous night had Ku not gotten a career high 27 from Newman they might have lost to lowly Isu at the Phog

If we are gonna have a chance going forward, we have to get better contributions from Wainright/Patrick. Those 2 are gonna be the first ones off the bench to sub our 1-4 spots. Last night in 28 Minutes they gave us 3 pts 2 reb 2 asst. 1-4FG 0-2FT.  Need more than that. 5 fouls 5 combined Pts/Reb.

Obviously Dean taking 5 shots is not ideal either

Posse, I'd expect that take from milton milton but come on man; saying that assumes no one else would score on those possessions. Dean took five shots because one of the guys who feeds him the ball scored 38 points, that's pretty easy to figure out.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2018, 01:21:54 PM »
just think, if Barry only scores 33 we probably lose to one of the worst teams in the conference at home.

It would sucked to waste Barry's performance.  The previous night had Ku not gotten a career high 27 from Newman they might have lost to lowly Isu at the Phog

If we are gonna have a chance going forward, we have to get better contributions from Wainright/Patrick. Those 2 are gonna be the first ones off the bench to sub our 1-4 spots. Last night in 28 Minutes they gave us 3 pts 2 reb 2 asst. 1-4FG 0-2FT.  Need more than that. 5 fouls 5 combined Pts/Reb.

Posse, I'd expect that take from milton milton but come on man; saying that assumes no one else would score on those possessions. Dean took five shots because one of the guys who feeds him the ball scored 38 points, that's pretty easy to figure out.
he didn’t say that
the point is, is that dean doesn’t want it (he may, who knows).  but he has to go get those buckets.  would they call beasley “walking bucket” if he didn’t go get them?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2018, 03:40:13 PM »

he didn’t say that
the point is, is that dean doesn’t want it (he may, who knows).  but he has to go get those buckets.  would they call beasley “walking bucket” if he didn’t go get them?

Well, I'll attack that as well given that Wade is our leader in points and field goal attempts.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2018, 04:35:40 PM »

he didn’t say that

Well, I'll attack that as well given that Wade is our leader in points and field goal attempts.

I mean 2 of the things you just said are false

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/team/stats/_/id/2306

Wade is a very good player who needs to be more aggressive. note I didn't watch last night but I mean in general

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2018, 04:42:09 PM »
what's the gE single day most times bodybagged record?  #weareallwitnesses

The Big Train

« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2018, 04:45:24 PM »
They are really starting to pile up in here

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2018, 05:27:09 PM »

he didn’t say that

I mean 2 of the things you just said are false

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/team/stats/_/id/2306

Wade is a very good player who needs to be more aggressive. note I didn't watch last night but I mean in general

Dammit. I used this site,
https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/kansas-state/2018.html
when I posted that earlier they didn't update to add last night's stats, I should have noticed that.

Either way he led in attempts until last night, was he supposed to take more shots when the guy distributing the ball was in the midst of a 38 point night?

That also merits discussion when talking about how many shots Wade, or any other non perimeter player gets when they have volume scorers who have to get them the ball in positions to score.

Check this out
https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/conferences/big-12/2018.html
Deano is 1st team all conference
3rd in FG%
3rd in 2 pt makes
4th in PER
2nd in eFG
4th in true shooting percentage
8th in defensive rebounding percentage
2nd in offensive resting
4th in offensive win shares
5th in offensive box +/-
All of this with Barry being high in usage stats
5th in field goal attempts
4th in usage percentage
5th in points produced
All of this says to me that Dean is doing great with the chances he's getting but if he's playing in the front court with Barry and Kam handling the ball, there will always be a natural cap on his chances.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2018, 06:21:34 PM »
MIR, your defense of Dean is solid and based in fact.

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2018, 11:05:41 PM »
I just don't want to see this -
Dean 5 shots in 37 Minutes
Everyone not named Barry & Kam, 30 shots in 127 min.

9 of 16 games he has 8+ shot attempts. He is Shooting 70% on 2pt and 68.6 eFG in those games. 

* 45.0 eFG on the 30 shots mentioned above

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2018, 07:33:06 AM »
Wasn't Wade really sick anyway?
:adios:

Offline PIPE

• Katpak'r
  • Always a pessimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2018, 08:45:06 AM »
Wasn't Wade really sick anyway?

Probably not, just a Brucexcuse as to why they didn't feed him the rock

Media: "coach, can you explain why Dean did not get the ball much?"

Coach: "oh, uh, he didn't? Ummmm, oh, yeah, I think he might have been sick?"
Awaiting the inevitable KITN

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2018, 08:55:16 AM »
He had diarrhea dipshit

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2018, 09:24:49 AM »
He had diarrhea dipshit
if he didn't do his business in a towel on the court then he must not have had to go that bad

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2018, 09:30:40 AM »
 :lol:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 12, 2018, 09:57:55 AM »
I just don't want to see this -
Dean 5 shots in 37 Minutes
Everyone not named Barry & Kam, 30 shots in 127 min.

9 of 16 games he has 8+ shot attempts. He is Shooting 70% on 2pt and 68.6 eFG in those games. 

* 45.0 eFG on the 30 shots mentioned above

Are you able to contextualize the stats you post? Do you understand why, in the Oklahoma State game, his attempts were down? Are you able to compare his attempts in the OSU game to those in recent games and understand why they are different? For the record these are his shot attempts the last five games
Washington State 7
Iowa State 16
West Virginia 8
Texas Tech 12
Oklahoma State 5
Ask yourself what stat you can find to possibly explain those single digit games

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 12, 2018, 11:44:55 AM »
BTW, The Flush is attempting the same number of shots a game that Jacob Pullen did his junior year. Keep that in mind when discussing how many shots Dean gets.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 12, 2018, 11:57:59 AM »
BTW, The Flush is attempting the same number of shots a game that Jacob Pullen did his junior year. Keep that in mind when discussing how many shots Dean gets.

Brown's shooting at a lower rate than Pullen (27.3 vs. 28.2) He's playing more minutes than Pullen did that year!

On that team, Clemente also shot at a 28.1 rate and Samuels was 20.0. Stokes is 22.5 and Wade is currently 21.6.

So you are right that the volume of shots Brown takes is a factor,  oscar's strategy is part of it, but Wade's also part of it. There's definitely room for him to shoot more, Brown's shooting isn't that out of the ordinary.

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 12, 2018, 12:24:51 PM »
I guess I'm not seeing what you want me to see MIR. I understand that Barry shoots a lot and Kam does too.

Dean had 16 & 11 shots vs Isu/Tulsa.
In those 2 games Barry & Kam took 45.6 & 46.6% of the shots

Dean had 6 & 7 shots vs Vandy & Wazzu.
Barry & Kam took 45.0 & 46.0% of shots in those 2
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 01:54:29 PM by Powercat Posse »