Author Topic: Tear it down!!! It huuuuurts my wittle feelings.  (Read 19529 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Tear it down!!! It huuuuurts my wittle feelings.
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2017, 08:13:47 AM »
Mocat, you're entering dumbass territory.

I'm making fun of the notion that those people are peaceful and akin to the soldiers going to shore on D-day.

SMDH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2017, 08:15:40 AM »
Dax just said he'd rather be a nazi lol

You're lack of intelligence while not surprising is still shocking.  Don't tell anyone you went to K-State, thanks in advance.

OK Mitarbeiter dax  ;)
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2017, 08:16:30 AM »
Dax just said he'd rather be a nazi lol

You're lack of intelligence while not surprising is still shocking.  Don't tell anyone you went to K-State, thanks in advance.

OK Mitarbeiter dax  ;)

Weird take from a guy who worships ObamaStasi

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2017, 08:28:10 AM »
dax, do not blow a gasket; this is merely an exercise in the realm of the hypothetical:

what if in some rural wisconsin town there was a statue of Rommel (goggles and all) in the town square?

i hope we can all agree that would be grossly inappropriate. would we all be whiny people getting our feeling hurt? how would you (dax) describe the reason why that statue is inappropriate?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Tear it down!!! It huuuuurts my wittle feelings.
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2017, 08:33:01 AM »
dax, do not blow a gasket; this is merely an exercise in the realm of the hypothetical:

what if in some rural wisconsin town there was a statue of Rommel (goggles and all) in the town square?

i hope we can all agree that would be grossly inappropriate. would we all be whiny people getting our feeling hurt? how would you (dax) describe the reason why that statue is inappropriate?

Really bad choice considering the Rommel was far more of a military guy than a Nazi and was someone forced to kill himself by Hitler for being defiant.

Maybe Himmler, Goering or Goebbels, would be better choice to protest.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2017, 08:33:13 AM »
obvious similarities between rommel and lee:
-great strategic war general
-respected by his own forces and by his opposition
-famous for leading an army in opposition to the USA

obvious differences between rommel and lee:
-rommel was not an american
-nobody is still alive who witnessed lee's war first hand

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2017, 08:33:39 AM »

Really bad choice considering the Rommel was far more of a military guy than a Nazi and was someone forced to kill himself by Hitler for being defiant.

sorry that was unclear; i'm comparing rommel and lee. see next post.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2017, 08:40:40 AM »

This is all you need to know about why Confederate monuments were built and why dax loves them
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2017, 08:43:21 AM »
holy crap is that real

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 17, 2017, 08:43:52 AM »
I'm going to believe it is.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 17, 2017, 08:44:47 AM »
Weird take Lib considering I wasn't around when the majority of them were built.  I mean look ObamaStasi Lover, try to have an intelligent conversation for a change. 

Mocat, tear down all the statues you want.  The main point is that vast majority of people litsrally either don't even know they exist or pay no attention to them whatsoever.   But now they're getting more attention then they've ever had in their entire existence in most cases.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 17, 2017, 08:45:05 AM »
i'm going to assume many of the early 1960's ones were to commemorate the 100th anniversary

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 17, 2017, 08:47:38 AM »
Weird take Lib considering I wasn't around when the majority of them were built.  I mean look ObamaStasi Lover, try to have an intelligent conversation for a change. 

Mocat, tear down all the statues you want.  The main point is that vast majority of people litsrally either don't even know they exist or pay no attention to them whatsoever.   But now they're getting more attention then they've ever had in their entire existence in most cases.

i am really trying to have a discussion to get to the heart of why anyone wants to tear down the statues. i do not ascribe it to "people getting their feelings hurt" and i am attempting to use an illustration to get to the bottom of it.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 17, 2017, 08:48:40 AM »

And if it gives white supremacists and Nazi wanna bes a voice and sense of pride...down they come. Shouldn't have ever went up but as the graph shows...we can see exactly why they were erected.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 17, 2017, 09:20:18 AM »
lol at this "war of northern aggression" talking point by Catastrophe.

sure, southerners were trying to secede and keep their slaves, but they were doing it PEACEFULLY.  gmafb.

They did it just as peacefully as our founding fathers did when they revolted against their own people.

It's probably not worth trying to convince most people in here, so I'll just say propaganda is a powerful thing and tough to recognize when you surround yourself with like minded people. That goes for nazis as well as the victors who get to write the history books.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 17, 2017, 09:23:02 AM »
i wonder if there are statues of george washington in london

Offline EMAWican

• Katpak'r
  • 'Murica
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 17, 2017, 09:23:20 AM »
Here's another source that breaks down the structures as schools, monuments, and others.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/16/us/confederate-monuments-backlash-chart-trnd/

Does anyone realize another reason why so many confederate structures were being built in the early 1900s? Because Civil War vets were DYING. Jesus Christ people. Most Civil War soldiers were in the 20s, and the average age was around the early 40s. Where does that put most of the vets deaths?

Offline EMAWican

• Katpak'r
  • 'Murica
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 17, 2017, 09:33:11 AM »

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 17, 2017, 09:37:51 AM »
Is there a huge one of Lee with a big white flag at appomattox?  maybe he has his hands up?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 17, 2017, 09:40:08 AM »

And if it gives white supremacists and Nazi wanna bes a voice and sense of pride...down they come. Shouldn't have ever went up but as the graph shows...we can see exactly why they were erected.

Lol at statues giving those dorks a voice.  The 10's upon 10's of those downgrades gathered because idiots gave them a rallying point. 

Otherwise they're just blocks of granite to be shat upon by pigeons as people almost wholly ignore them. 

But hey, I enjoy drama and will happily take in the Orwellian real life show as it unfolds. 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 17, 2017, 09:41:37 AM »
At least dax is not going "we need to tear down the washington monument then!" route.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 17, 2017, 09:47:37 AM »
i wonder if there are statues of george washington in london

Better analogy would be Charles Cornwallis. I'm not sure that there are, because even though he was a good general he rough ridin' lost.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 17, 2017, 09:48:09 AM »
At least dax is not going "we need to tear down the washington monument then!" route.

But there are many in the ProgLib ranks would line up to help make that happen.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 17, 2017, 09:49:42 AM »

But there are many in the ProgLib ranks would line up to help make that happen.

Sounds like the southern racist dirtbag ranks want it pretty bad

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 17, 2017, 09:58:37 AM »
lol at this "war of northern aggression" talking point by Catastrophe.

sure, southerners were trying to secede and keep their slaves, but they were doing it PEACEFULLY.  gmafb.

They did it just as peacefully as our founding fathers did when they revolted against their own people.

It's probably not worth trying to convince most people in here, so I'll just say propaganda is a powerful thing and tough to recognize when you surround yourself with like minded people. That goes for nazis as well as the victors who get to write the history books.
Compare it to the US's secession from Britain all you want, but (1) the US's reason for seceding was not as reprehensible as upholding the institution of slavery; and (2) Britain never erected statues of "honorable colonial leaders" who fought a war against Britain.

They started their own country because they were afraid their slaves were gonna be taken away.  It doesn't take propaganda to realize that these people were shitheads.  Go read the primary antebellum sources on the reasons for secession.  John C. Calhoun and his progeny of southern intellectuals were very clear.  Sometimes they frame it in terms of anti-federalism, but what are they trying to protect?  Spoilies: It's slavery. 

Sedition is a serious thing, and Mocat's comparison to Washington is a perfectly apt analogy.  Why the hell are we honoring traitors?  Maybe it would be one thing if there was some actual merit-based reason for their secession (i.e. "sure they seceded, but they had a point and a lot of good men died"), but really, they just wanted to keep having slaves. 

Your argument sucks.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 10:03:01 AM by Dlew12 »

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]