Author Topic: The Royals  (Read 4680926 times)

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
Re: The Royals
« Reply #68076 on: January 23, 2017, 07:54:30 PM »
Pretty much the only worthwhile schools in the DR are the baseball academies set up by mlb teams. I think pms is suggesting mandatory driver's ed as part of that curriculum.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68077 on: January 23, 2017, 08:43:44 PM »
I'm just really sad

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68078 on: January 23, 2017, 09:09:40 PM »
Steven St John pointed out that at the 2012 futures game, the World Team had Yordano starting, Jose Fernandez next in to pitch, and Oscar Taveraz batting 3rd.

Yo stole the show that day, we were all excited for Wil Myers but Yordano was electric.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68079 on: January 23, 2017, 09:18:08 PM »
And to people saying MLB needs to prevent this, there is really not much they can do. They bubble wrap these guys on road trips and in spring training, they do a great job frankly putting guys on the right path to have healthy finances and to be taken care of as much as can be expected. MLB or the Royals can't be expected to chauffeur players around in January. 

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #68080 on: January 23, 2017, 09:26:14 PM »
i think metalhead is just grieving in his own weird way

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68081 on: January 23, 2017, 09:27:40 PM »
i think metalhead is just grieving in his own weird way

bargaining stage from the looks of it

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #68082 on: January 23, 2017, 09:27:59 PM »
yeah :frown:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68083 on: January 23, 2017, 09:34:03 PM »
_FAN our buds at Empanada Madness.

:frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:

empanadamadnesskcA thousand words could not describe the great person we just lost. A person with a beautiful heart and a unique humility, a little shy at first but if you gave him the chance to meet you always inspired you. Your last hug in Kansas City was for us I remember that you came to the restaurant and told us we'll see next year I'm going to Dominican but I did not want to leave without passing by here you gave us a hug and before you left you made sure to tell us that when you came back you would come directly to see us and eat your favorite dish bandeja paisa. Anyone who had the opportunity to meet you could understand the great person that you were. Brother Ventura we will never forget you

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68084 on: January 23, 2017, 09:41:30 PM »
:frown:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68085 on: January 23, 2017, 09:59:08 PM »
Pic I took of Yo at Wrigley

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #68086 on: January 23, 2017, 11:17:42 PM »
Horrible rumors out there about his final minutes

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68087 on: January 23, 2017, 11:19:01 PM »
I really hope what Pedro Martinez tweeted isn't true.  He basically said that Ventura was alive after the crash. Then looters robbed him, left him for dead, instead of calling for help. Martinez said if that is what happened, he was gonna be very disappointed of his home country.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68088 on: January 23, 2017, 11:33:33 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2014/02/21/top-10-deadliest-countries-for-drivers.html

32 deaths per 100,000 people per year

The Dominican Republic is home to dicey roads, wild drivers and a car culture where traffic rules are seldom obeyed. Last year, the island nation topped the list as the world's deadliest country for drivers.

You keep saying this and it's a good point. However, I did read today that initial investigation doesn't list speed as a factor but fog.

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #68089 on: January 24, 2017, 12:27:30 AM »
I really hope what Pedro Martinez tweeted isn't true.  He basically said that Ventura was alive after the crash. Then looters robbed him, left him for dead, instead of calling for help. Martinez said if that is what happened, he was gonna be very disappointed of his home country.

I hope not... ): I just hate that image in my head of this. Just him, being there by himself, dying after people looted his body and didn't get help. I hope he was unconscious. :sad:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68090 on: January 24, 2017, 04:32:32 AM »
eff. I just read. Hours late, I know. eff eff eff :(

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68091 on: January 24, 2017, 04:49:54 AM »
I loved him because he was an emotional player. I connected with that. I can't word this well. I miss him. eff

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #68092 on: January 24, 2017, 08:19:01 AM »
http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2014/02/21/top-10-deadliest-countries-for-drivers.html

32 deaths per 100,000 people per year

The Dominican Republic is home to dicey roads, wild drivers and a car culture where traffic rules are seldom obeyed. Last year, the island nation topped the list as the world's deadliest country for drivers.

You keep saying this and it's a good point. However, I did read today that initial investigation doesn't list speed as a factor but fog.
Interesting. I heard both on the radio yesterday. Who knows really. Sounds like he was in the mountainous area, which has extremely narrow roads. He was somewhere for a yearly celebration of a holiday called Lady of Altagracia. I guess he was on his way home, but still 2 hours away.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68094 on: January 24, 2017, 10:28:28 AM »
I'm trying to avoid social media and news coverage today because I don't want to start crying at work, but I do have to unload a few thoughts and I know many of you here "get it".

To many it seems irrational to be this emotional about the death of someone who I never met in person or communicated with at all, but it's not. As I shared when the Royals won the World Series, Royals baseball figures heavily in some of my earliest childhood memories and connections with friends and family no longer with us. These Royals teams the last few years have been so much fun to be a fan of. The same reason we loved them is the same reason fans of other teams hated them. They play with a high level of emotion and carried that over to their interactions off the field as well. While many call it immature, those of us who follow closely see it as what it really is, a close knit group of players having fun playing a game, but still wanting to win. Most of us here have experienced that at some point in our lives and these Royals teams have reminded us of that.

Yordano was one of the biggest examples of this. He have been one of the smallest players, but his fire and his talent where disproportionately huge. He may have needed to harness them a little more to have become a truely great player, but that doesn't change the fact that they where there. We as fans have had the opportunity to follow his development through the minor leagues. I remember how excited I was when I found out one of the games I was planning to attend ended up being one of his first home starts. I believe he got lit up that day, but I know I have never had as much fun watching a professional pitcher as I did Yordano. Every pitch was an event worth seeing.

I believe that without Yordano the Royals do not win the WS in '15, so even if nothing else I've said was true, for that I will be ever grateful to him for. I hate that we will never again get to see him pitch and see what he could have become as both a player and person. My heart hurts for Yordano, for his family, for the players that where as close or closer than family, and for my fellow fans that feel how I do.

RIP Ace

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68095 on: January 24, 2017, 11:18:39 AM »
Props to Vahe Gregorian for gracefully documenting/tweeting the sad day from the DR.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68096 on: January 24, 2017, 11:39:52 AM »

The Big Train

« Reply #68097 on: January 24, 2017, 12:30:35 PM »
Props to Vahe Gregorian for gracefully documenting/tweeting the sad day from the DR.

Man, I had to quit reading at work.

Losing anyone is hard, but unless you have played high level sports or been in the military you don't understand what it's like to lose a brother.  When you go through every waking moment with your guys or in training and combat the bond you create is unreal.  Feel so bad for those guys. :frown:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68098 on: January 24, 2017, 01:02:23 PM »
I'm sure family members, IRL brothers, childhood friends, etc. can fathom it, TBT. Or anyone with a pulse.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #68099 on: January 24, 2017, 01:36:36 PM »
I'm sure family members, IRL brothers, childhood friends, etc. can fathom it, TBT. Or anyone with a pulse.

:lol: 

i had to read tbt's post twice to make sure i read it correctly, good grief

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.