Author Topic: The Royals  (Read 4680573 times)

Dugout DickStone and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

The Big Train

Re: The Royals
« Reply #68050 on: January 23, 2017, 08:28:59 AM »
I think it's finally starting to hit me guys, I'm finally past the initial shock :frown:

Offline mhkpasa

• Katpak'r
  • Let's go get a couple bowls of loudmouth soup
    • View Profile
« Reply #68051 on: January 23, 2017, 08:30:44 AM »

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #68052 on: January 23, 2017, 09:41:06 AM »
still sad  :frown:
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #68053 on: January 23, 2017, 09:47:40 AM »
You think you're sad now? Just wait until they honor him on opening day.  :frown:

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #68054 on: January 23, 2017, 11:22:25 AM »
It was originally reported in a way that sounded like they were in the car together. I'm not sure they even really knew each other.

Ventura struck out Marte in Marte's last mlb game.

Saw that. Spooky

And Oscar Taveres was Yordano's close friend...

To me it seems that the MLB should invest in some mentoring for their young talent from that area of the world. I'm not blaming the MLB for the situation, but it would probably be in their best interest to do what they can to keep their talent alive. Who knows if it would help, but I don't like this trend of young, talented ballplayers meeting early ends. Like most of you, I am still v. sad today.

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #68055 on: January 23, 2017, 11:41:23 AM »
It was originally reported in a way that sounded like they were in the car together. I'm not sure they even really knew each other.

Saw that. Spooky

To me it seems that the MLB should invest in some mentoring for their young talent from that area of the world. I'm not blaming the MLB for the situation, but it would probably be in their best interest to do what they can to keep their talent alive. Who knows if it would help, but I don't like this trend of young, talented ballplayers meeting early ends. Like most of you, I am still v. sad today.

Very well put. 

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #68056 on: January 23, 2017, 11:43:13 AM »

Saw that. Spooky

people die in car wrecks every day, what kind of anti-car wreck mentoring do you have in mind?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68057 on: January 23, 2017, 11:47:37 AM »
They could at least try and enforce traffic laws over there. It's like the wild wild west in the DR on the roads.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68058 on: January 23, 2017, 11:47:56 AM »

Saw that. Spooky

Mentoring is really all the MLB could do, and it sounds like efforts like that are being made regularly (per Moore's comments). MLB can't change road conditions, drinking and driving, and violence in the DR.  They just have to reinforce the importance of driving safety (seat belts, not driving intoxicated), and hanging around the safer crowds and locations.  In the case of YV, he was not intoxicated but he also wasn't wearing his seat belt.     
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68059 on: January 23, 2017, 12:05:41 PM »

Saw that. Spooky

people die in car wrecks every day, what kind of anti-car wreck mentoring do you have in mind?

while the car wreck(s) have been the vehicle(s) for their untimely ends, that is not at all what my post was about, and I think you are intelligent enough to figure that out. Yo's time with Action Ed and Cueto greatly advanced his emotional maturity. I'm not advocating for a compulsory program. I'm advocating for the MLB to attempt to put positive role models in touch with these emerging stars to help turn these great talents into men.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68060 on: January 23, 2017, 12:21:48 PM »

Saw that. Spooky

while the car wreck(s) have been the vehicle(s) for their untimely ends, that is not at all what my post was about, and I think you are intelligent enough to figure that out. Yo's time with Action Ed and Cueto greatly advanced his emotional maturity. I'm not advocating for a compulsory program. I'm advocating for the MLB to attempt to put positive role models in touch with these emerging stars to help turn these great talents into men.

what an odd grouping of words that form the sentences you just posted

yardano visits home and dies in a car wreck and your solution is a mandatory mentoring program sponsored by MLB
first of all, without mlb, ed and cueto wouldn't have been in yardano's life in the first place. 
what do you know about mlb's efforts to offer mentoring to it's younger players?  how well did you know yardano that makes you feel qualified to asses his emotional maturity? 

the guy, an adult and by all accounts, a man, died in an accident

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68061 on: January 23, 2017, 12:31:48 PM »

Saw that. Spooky

what an odd grouping of words that form the sentences you just posted

yardano visits home and dies in a car wreck and your solution is a mandatory mentoring program sponsored by MLB
first of all, without mlb, ed and cueto wouldn't have been in yardano's life in the first place. 
what do you know about mlb's efforts to offer mentoring to it's younger players?  how well did you know yardano that makes you feel qualified to asses his emotional maturity? 

the guy, an adult and by all accounts, a man, died in an accident

No where did I say mandatory. No where did I say the MLB wasn't a positive in these young men's lives. No where did I say I knew anything about the MLB's efforts at mentoring their young talent. I did not know Yordano personally, but it was fairly easy to gauge his emotional maturity, to a degree, from his behavior through his social media presence and his behavior on the ball field. I did not place the blame on the MLB. I can't tell if you're being purposefully obtuse just to argue right now.

The Big Train

« Reply #68062 on: January 23, 2017, 12:43:46 PM »
Online persona is definitely the way I judge how a person truly is, it's the end all be all.

It sucks but idk what else you could have done, if a 25 year old doesn't know to wear a seatbelt that's on them.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68063 on: January 23, 2017, 12:54:39 PM »
Online persona is definitely the way I judge how a person truly is, it's the end all be all.

It sucks but idk what else you could have done, if a 25 year old doesn't know to wear a seatbelt that's on them.

There's a difference between an anonymous person on a bbs or twitter and a professional athlete posting videos of himself smoking weed on instagram.

you missed the point.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68064 on: January 23, 2017, 01:03:09 PM »
tbt didn't miss your point, you just made a really dumb one

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68065 on: January 23, 2017, 01:15:56 PM »
tbt didn't miss your point, you just made a really dumb one

you are entitled to that opinion, but i disagree. young men usually need a positive role model in their life to get them to knock off reckless behavior, that or a major set back that teaches them a lesson. my sense is that these influences were absent from these young men's lives until it was too late. that's all, nothing more, nothing less. i was attempting to have a conversation about the root causes of what i perceive to be an issue, not instigate a march on MLB headquarters. enjoy the rest of your monday.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68066 on: January 23, 2017, 01:24:28 PM »
good grief :lol:

you don't know anything about his situation or the circumstances around the accident so save the sanctimony

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68067 on: January 23, 2017, 01:27:24 PM »

you don't know anything about his situation or the circumstances around the accident so save the sanctimony

you're entitled to your opinion. enjoy the rest of your monday.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68068 on: January 23, 2017, 01:28:55 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2014/02/21/top-10-deadliest-countries-for-drivers.html

32 deaths per 100,000 people per year

The Dominican Republic is home to dicey roads, wild drivers and a car culture where traffic rules are seldom obeyed. Last year, the island nation topped the list as the world's deadliest country for drivers.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68069 on: January 23, 2017, 01:31:16 PM »

you're entitled to your opinion. enjoy the rest of your monday.

those are facts, not opinion

The Big Train

« Reply #68070 on: January 23, 2017, 01:35:46 PM »
Obviously he missed the point

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68071 on: January 23, 2017, 01:45:48 PM »
I'm really curious to hear BITB's spin today. He used to call him out all the time for being a hot head. Hopefully he takes a day off from it today.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68072 on: January 23, 2017, 03:39:23 PM »
I'm really curious to hear BITB's spin today. He used to call him out all the time for being a hot head. Hopefully he takes a day off from it today.

yeah i think Kietzman will take the day off and not make fun of a dead 25 year old, wacky. hes BITB not satan.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68073 on: January 23, 2017, 03:42:52 PM »
Tonya's first post in 19 days!  :love:

The Big Train

« Reply #68074 on: January 23, 2017, 07:27:02 PM »