Author Topic: The Royals  (Read 4610579 times)

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: The Royals
« Reply #15025 on: July 27, 2014, 09:38:57 PM »
All CF3's last post needed was one "fanny" and it would have been perfect.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15026 on: July 27, 2014, 11:08:08 PM »
Now two back in the WC. At least Detroit lost again.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15027 on: July 27, 2014, 11:10:05 PM »
Guys, your ol' buddy joda here. I've been off the grid this weekend and just finished reading up on the last few days of this thread. Quite enjoyable (though the ending sucked) and excellent moding cf3 (fix the ending though would ya :impatient:)

We have Shields, Duffy, Ventura going against the Twins T/W/Th this week. We will have the advantage with pitching every game. Playing in our ballpark, with our pen, Billy heating up, Hosmer back from injury, we should EXPECT a sweep. At that point we'll be 5 over. We have 7 games against the A's in the first 2 weeks of August, so really a sweep of the Twins is a must.

No bad outings from the starters. No bats going silent. Billy HAS to hit. Alex HAS to hit (only 2 extra base hits all month, no homers since June 21). Hosmer has to hit the way he was hitting before the hand injury. Ned HAS to play the Dyson/Cain/Gordon outfield to have our D be elite. We have to get this sweep. If not, we'll go to the A's with Guthrie/Chen/Shields going up against the best team in baseball and we don't want to need to sweep the A's IN oakland to stay in this thing.

Let's do this.

#BeRoyal

Agree with all of this.  We also have seven in August with the lowly Twins and three with the lowly D-Backs. Have to blow through both those clubs.

The unknow at this point is who, if anyone, we'll pick up before Thursday (and who we'll give up to get someone). Apparently, the scouts are still following Gomes.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15028 on: July 28, 2014, 09:58:17 AM »
Emo:

1st of all, the Royals currently are spending ABOVE what their market would dictate. Our payroll is around 19th in the MLB, and we're probably a bottom 4 market honestly. Our TV deal is garbage, so teams like the Dodgers get about 10 times what we do from local TV/Radio. The BEST hope for the team to be competitive long term IMO is a new downtown stadium, its the only hope for increased revenue and spending. If we want that, we need big time fan support.

The problem with the Royals the last 6 years or so isn't that the owners aren't committed financially, its that we don't make smart decisions. Decisions are made with heart over head ALL THE TIME here in KC. Clubhouse values are put above OPS (melky goes, Frenchy Stays). I don't think that the owners would suddenly sell if there was less fan support, in fact, its more likely they sell with a good fan base, maximizing their sale. If the fans quit watching/going, the owners would just tighten up their fannies and we'd be back to 2005 all over. I know everyone goes back to it all the time, but the Rays and A's are examples of what the Royals COULD be. They have lower payrolls than us and compete consistently for divisions. The Rays have gone up with the Red Sox/Yankees since 2008, and the A's have rebuilt multiple times in the last 15 years.

The problem isn't the fans, its the player decisions made by the GM first and foremost.

This article by Posnanski explains really well the difference between the A's and the Royals. The Royals have a better park, fans, and spend more, yet we get our butts kicked, because DM values the wrong things.

http://www.nbcsports.com/baseball/mlb/oakland-way

The Royals fans are not the problem, even a tiny bit.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #15029 on: July 28, 2014, 10:17:44 AM »
I agree that I want a downtown stadium.  I would get my dick out for one of those. 

FWIW, imagine a young Emo with his favorite player Bo Jackson playing for his favorite football team and his favorite baseball team.  Those were the days.  :love:

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15030 on: July 28, 2014, 01:48:43 PM »
Emo:

1st of all, the Royals currently are spending ABOVE what their market would dictate. Our payroll is around 19th in the MLB, and we're probably a bottom 4 market honestly. Our TV deal is garbage, so teams like the Dodgers get about 10 times what we do from local TV/Radio. The BEST hope for the team to be competitive long term IMO is a new downtown stadium, its the only hope for increased revenue and spending. If we want that, we need big time fan support.

The problem with the Royals the last 6 years or so isn't that the owners aren't committed financially, its that we don't make smart decisions. Decisions are made with heart over head ALL THE TIME here in KC. Clubhouse values are put above OPS (melky goes, Frenchy Stays). I don't think that the owners would suddenly sell if there was less fan support, in fact, its more likely they sell with a good fan base, maximizing their sale. If the fans quit watching/going, the owners would just tighten up their fannies and we'd be back to 2005 all over. I know everyone goes back to it all the time, but the Rays and A's are examples of what the Royals COULD be. They have lower payrolls than us and compete consistently for divisions. The Rays have gone up with the Red Sox/Yankees since 2008, and the A's have rebuilt multiple times in the last 15 years.

The problem isn't the fans, its the player decisions made by the GM first and foremost.

This article by Posnanski explains really well the difference between the A's and the Royals. The Royals have a better park, fans, and spend more, yet we get our butts kicked, because DM values the wrong things.

http://www.nbcsports.com/baseball/mlb/oakland-way

The Royals fans are not the problem, even a tiny bit.

Our TV contract is absolutely terrible and it's really frustrating with the ridiculous amount of TV money thrown around.

Downtown stadium =  :love:  Recent renos =  :dubious:

Offline SPEmaw

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #15031 on: July 28, 2014, 02:24:39 PM »
uh, what recent rendos?
Please don't ban me, Mr. Dave.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15032 on: July 28, 2014, 02:27:35 PM »
uh, what recent rendos?

he means renovations to the k

Offline SPEmaw

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #15033 on: July 28, 2014, 02:29:05 PM »
uh, what recent rendos?

he means renovations to the k

:facepalm: thanks...my bad. The renovations to K have been pretty nice. It's a great ballpark. It being downtown is the obvious answer though...
Please don't ban me, Mr. Dave.

Online joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15034 on: July 28, 2014, 06:15:13 PM »
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 06:18:23 PM by joda »

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15035 on: July 28, 2014, 06:20:59 PM »
Valencia traded for a AAAA pitcher another backup C

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/07/royals-to-acquire-liam-hendriks-from-blue-jays.html

Brett Hayes has been DFA'd to make room for Kratz. Hendriks likely headed for Omaha.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #15036 on: July 28, 2014, 06:24:38 PM »
I don't like it

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15037 on: July 28, 2014, 06:26:20 PM »

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15038 on: July 28, 2014, 06:37:49 PM »
What in the absolute eff?

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #15039 on: July 28, 2014, 06:42:44 PM »
My MLB At Bat app said it included Colon???  If that is true, I've got the matches.
:adios:

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15040 on: July 28, 2014, 06:44:56 PM »
My MLB At Bat app said it included Colon???  If that is true, I've got the matches.

Christian Colon is being recalled from AAA to take Valencia's roster spot.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #15041 on: July 28, 2014, 06:47:59 PM »

Christian Colon is being recalled from AAA to take Valencia's roster spot.

whew...okay
:adios:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15042 on: July 28, 2014, 08:17:59 PM »
 Frown

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #15043 on: July 28, 2014, 08:23:19 PM »
Meh

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15044 on: July 28, 2014, 08:26:20 PM »
Does this mean we are selling/standing pat?

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15045 on: July 28, 2014, 08:32:44 PM »
Does this mean we are selling/standing pat?

Andy's take, with some Daytonspeak about the trade and potential for any more moves.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/mlb/kansas-city-royals/article821128.html
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 09:04:55 PM by bones129 »

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15046 on: July 28, 2014, 08:43:57 PM »
dayton will never win anything of consequence in kc. or anywhere for that matter.

it's time to free ourselves from his idiot shackles.
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15047 on: July 28, 2014, 11:01:12 PM »
if they like the aaa pitcher and they made the deal to get him and are planning on selling off everyone else on the team that's worth something, then good.

if they think they made the team better for this year, then lol.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15048 on: July 28, 2014, 11:11:18 PM »
I'm not so sure our "window" ends this year, are you guys?

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15049 on: July 28, 2014, 11:13:18 PM »
Is there a reason we didn't keep Valencia, tell Ibanez to get effed, and fill his roster spot with Colon? I'd take that over getting a fancy new backup catcher and a AAAA pitcher. I have confidence that Valencia would be slightly more valuable than a possible upgrade at backup catcher, and Ned wouldn't have the temptation to play Ibanez anymore.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang