Author Topic: Official NASCAR 2023 thread(people are still watching)  (Read 109876 times)

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Official NASCAR 11 thread
« Reply #100 on: November 16, 2011, 01:11:50 AM »
I used to really hate Tony, now I kinda like him.  Don't really have an opinion about Edwards.  Gues it's cool that someone other than JJ is going to win though.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 16, 2011, 06:22:09 AM »
goddamnit, why do i agree with jtksu????

I wouldn't mind seeing Edwards win it. Other than driving for Roush, I'm ok with him.  Probably will be pulling for Tony though. I don't get how he went from so mediocre most of the season, to this. Crazy.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 16, 2011, 11:10:25 AM »
I respect him for turning his season around but he's still a chode.  It was 13 weeks ago when he was talking like he gave up on his team and the season and he was bullying female reporters.  Also "he better watch out" quotes from two weeks ago were lame.  Was he really trying to intimidate Edwards?  The way Carl handled that was great, essentially laughed at the troll.  The perfect ending to the season is Stewart is in the lead late & has locked up the most laps led bonus, Edwards is in second and hasn't lead a lap and Edwards is forced to dump a blocking Tony Stewart to win the race and the championship.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 16, 2011, 11:31:05 AM »
It is nice the chase will actually come down to the wire for once. While i've never really cared for Tony...i do enjoy his "screw the world" approach instead of the PC media fanboys some drivers have turned into.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 16, 2011, 11:32:50 AM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 16, 2011, 12:11:33 PM »

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 16, 2011, 02:41:41 PM »
Thinkin' bout watching some football at Fat Tony's on Sunday.  Is it really that bad?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 16, 2011, 02:46:27 PM »
Thinkin' bout watching some football at Fat Tony's on Sunday.  Is it really that bad?

You will love it.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 16, 2011, 11:49:13 PM »
I thought Nascar fans cheered for the car, not the driver?  or something stupid.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 17, 2011, 05:37:40 AM »
I thought Nascar fans cheered for the car, not the driver?  or something stupid.

Sponser, obviously.
- chunkles

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 20, 2011, 07:35:16 PM »
Nice win Tony. Great race.
- chunkles

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 20, 2011, 08:31:51 PM »
 :flush:

Silver lining, Jack Roush with his stupid ass hat continues to be a loser.  Nice engines, douche.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Official NASCAR 2012 thread
« Reply #112 on: January 13, 2012, 12:27:05 PM »
Bumpity! Bumpity! Bumpity! Let's go racing!

Getting a head start this year compared to last. But they've started Daytona testing this week and it's got me in the mood. The Bud Shootout kicks off the season on February 18.

Potential story lines to pay attention to this year..

1. Fuel Injected Engines making their full time debut this year. Will they be as durable? more power? who develops an advantage first? new ways to cheat??

2. Danica Patrick's part time ride. Did Tony know wtf he's doing?? Will she win a race? even a top 15?? when will she get naked??

3. New Ride/Sponsors. Kasey Kahne in a Hendrick car?? Clint Bowyer driving a Toyota?? A.J. Allmendinger in a Penske car? Kurt Busch driving for PHOENIX RACING??? No more Red Bull Cars??

4. Plate Racing. Will NASCAR eliminate the two car draft and bring back pack racing at plate tracks by limiting driver communication and tweaking the car(radiator, water temp, ect.)??

5. Can Jimmie get back on track.
Will Tony repeat? Will Carl, Kyle, or Kevin finally win their first??
- chunkles

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 13, 2012, 01:36:55 PM »
Danica calling herself the The Chamber.... :facepalm:  :flush:

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 13, 2012, 11:54:21 PM »
Yes bigwillie20, i am too excited about this coming season. Hopefully Danica just killed the nickname.
- chunkles

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 15, 2012, 02:35:23 PM »
Kasey Kahne picking on a poor woman nursing :facepalm: not a good way to start your life at Hendrick.  Learn some decorum from your teammates, boy.

Can't wait to cheer for Danica, anything to piss the Talledega necks off.  She will be my favorite when 24 hangs up the driving boots and hopefully she'll win enough to move right into JGs seat when its time.  She was doing much better than expected in Nationwide considering she had 0 stock car experience.  If she's as good as Juan Pablo she'll be insanely popular and will grow the sport even more than Gordon and 3 did in the 90's.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 16, 2012, 12:55:31 AM »
you were bothered by Kahne's tweets? i thought they were overblown. He obviously should keep some comments to himself, but i didnt think it was that bad.

I will be surprised if Danica wins 1 race. OK, i can see her winning a fluke fuel mileage race or something(I mean Joey Lagano won a race for christ's sake) But i don't see her winning 2. It would be good for the sport if she does though and she should have the best equipment.
- chunkles

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 16, 2012, 08:53:22 AM »
She will not win any races...of course she might come closer than that waste of a ride Dale jr....would love to see her take that worthless rough rider's ride since he will never do anything with it other than riding off of daddy's name for the rest of his life

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 16, 2012, 12:26:44 PM »
you were bothered by Kahne's tweets? i thought they were overblown. He obviously should keep some comments to himself, but i didnt think it was that bad.

I will be surprised if Danica wins 1 race. OK, i can see her winning a fluke fuel mileage race or something(I mean Joey Lagano won a race for christ's sake) But i don't see her winning 2. It would be good for the sport if she does though and she should have the best equipment.

Him being grossed out didn't bother me.  I think its stupid and just another sign as to how unrefined most of this country is, but to each his own.  My issue was the language he used with the breast feeder, I think he used the word disgusting, and the tone of exchange he had with one of the ladies who called him out.  I wish I could remember her handle, she was quite funny and clownsuited Kahne.  I was going to add her as a follow but her timeline, while good, is way to busy.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 16, 2012, 12:29:13 PM »

Him being grossed out didn't bother me.  I think its stupid and just another sign as to how unrefined most of this country is, but to each his own.  My issue was the language he used with the breast feeder, I think he used the word disgusting, and the tone of exchange he had with one of the ladies who called him out.  I wish I could remember her handle, she was quite funny and clownsuited Kahne.  I was going to add her as a follow but her timeline, while good, is way to busy.

ahh, and to be honest, i never read the exact exchange...just a synopsis. People should be smarter with twitter.
- chunkles

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: February 20, 2012, 06:38:58 AM »
Carl Edwards and Greg Biffle front row. Woof.
- chunkles

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 20, 2012, 02:34:58 PM »
Hope the racing in the shootout is indicative of what we'll see on Sunday.  Do any of you guys make it a practice to watch the twin 125's?

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 20, 2012, 02:37:04 PM »
Definitely looks like Pack racing is back. Only two car drafting will be at the end.

yes. will definitely be streaming this year.
- chunkles

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #123 on: February 26, 2012, 11:17:34 AM »
Driver
Team
Anyone but Roush

#DTA

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 26, 2012, 12:48:24 PM »
heh, i like that Pan.

Hope the rain clears up.
- chunkles