Author Topic: Football Recruiting Thread  (Read 5600354 times)

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
Re: Football Recruiting Thread
« Reply #18925 on: January 02, 2015, 08:54:28 AM »

Offline yat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18926 on: January 02, 2015, 09:33:49 AM »
http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/big12/post?id=94220&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Can anyone copy and paste? tia

LHC Bill Snyder doesn't care about recruiting rankings. He has made a living out of taking three-stars high school recruits and turning them into five-star players by the time they graduate. The same is true with the 2015 class. The Wildcats don't have a single ESPN 300 recruit, but insiders in Manhattan, Kansas, feel good about the crop of high school talent coming in.Key losses: QB Jake Waters, WR Tyler Lockett, WR Curry Sexton, OC BJ Finney, DE Ryan Mueller, LB Jonathan Truman, S Randall Evans.

Instant impact freshman: Few true freshman see the field early on for LHC Bill Snyder, but the Wildcats coveted cornerback Duke Shelley out of Georgia. With nickelback Evans departing, there will be an opportunity for Shelley to compete for early playing time if he's ready. He's got all the tools, and even if he doesn't play from Day 1, many expect him to have a bright future.

Top 2015 recruits: It was a good year locally, and the Wildcats cashed in with commitments from five of state of Kansas' top nine players. Running back Alex Barnes was a big recruiting victory for the Wildcats over Minnesota, and he's a big-bodied running back that Snyder will love to work with. In-state quarterback Alex Delton put up big numbers as a senior and will bring back memories of other dual-threat quarterbacks that have done well in the K-State system. Local offensive linemen Scott Frantz and Evan Applegate were also key gets.

Questions for signing day: The Wildcats have been toying with whether or not they want to heavily pursue a junior-college quarterback. K-State has offered a few quarterbacks, but then decided not to pursue them heavily. We might have a clearer answer coming out of bowl practices if they feel Waters' current backups are ready for next season or if they need to get other guys in the mix to add depth.

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #18927 on: January 02, 2015, 10:08:31 AM »
http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/big12/post?id=94220&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Can anyone copy and paste? tia

LHC Bill Snyder doesn't care about recruiting rankings. He has made a living out of taking three-stars high school recruits and turning them into five-star players by the time they graduate. The same is true with the 2015 class. The Wildcats don't have a single ESPN 300 recruit, but insiders in Manhattan, Kansas, feel good about the crop of high school talent coming in.Key losses: QB Jake Waters, WR Tyler Lockett, WR Curry Sexton, OC BJ Finney, DE Ryan Mueller, LB Jonathan Truman, S Randall Evans.

Instant impact freshman: Few true freshman see the field early on for LHC Bill Snyder, but the Wildcats coveted cornerback Duke Shelley out of Georgia. With nickelback Evans departing, there will be an opportunity for Shelley to compete for early playing time if he's ready. He's got all the tools, and even if he doesn't play from Day 1, many expect him to have a bright future.

Top 2015 recruits: It was a good year locally, and the Wildcats cashed in with commitments from five of state of Kansas' top nine players. Running back Alex Barnes was a big recruiting victory for the Wildcats over Minnesota, and he's a big-bodied running back that Snyder will love to work with. In-state quarterback Alex Delton put up big numbers as a senior and will bring back memories of other dual-threat quarterbacks that have done well in the K-State system. Local offensive linemen Scott Frantz and Evan Applegate were also key gets.

Questions for signing day: The Wildcats have been toying with whether or not they want to heavily pursue a junior-college quarterback. K-State has offered a few quarterbacks, but then decided not to pursue them heavily. We might have a clearer answer coming out of bowl practices if they feel Waters' current backups are ready for next season or if they need to get other guys in the mix to add depth.

Well, that's a really misleading title.

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #18928 on: January 02, 2015, 10:46:00 AM »
I don't see any problem with going after an athletic Juco QB. I think we have a good enough history converting athletic QBs to other positions successfully which could be a theme over the next few years.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #18929 on: January 02, 2015, 10:48:01 AM »
I don't see any problem with going after an athletic Juco QB. I think we have a good enough history converting athletic QBs to other positions successfully which could be a theme over the next few years.

I do see a problem considering they don't exist this year.

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #18930 on: January 02, 2015, 11:03:08 AM »

What about Colton Kane?

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2956893/highlights/97215375

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #18931 on: January 02, 2015, 11:51:52 AM »

It's just a bad year for JUCO QB's. Real bad.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #18932 on: January 02, 2015, 12:25:49 PM »
Roll with Bazooka Joe. No regrets.

Offline Big_Dipper

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18933 on: January 02, 2015, 03:18:56 PM »

Whats the deal with Hosick? KSU gave him an offer out of HS. From KC area. Has 3 to play 3. Can sign immediately and be here for spring ball.

Offline Ich.Gewinne

• Combo-Fan
  • Mumble Rap Is Great!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18934 on: January 02, 2015, 03:44:40 PM »

Whats the deal with Hosick? KSU gave him an offer out of HS. From KC area. Has 3 to play 3. Can sign immediately and be here for spring ball.

Wants to be in the SEC bad - but away from Mizzou (?)
Back for more bad takes.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #18935 on: January 02, 2015, 04:11:29 PM »

Wants to be in the SEC bad - but away from Mizzou (?)
We didn't offer Hosick as a QB. Would be fair to say we don't believe in his QBing ability.

Offline PIPE

• Katpak'r
  • Always a pessimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18936 on: January 03, 2015, 09:39:54 AM »
Do we have any commits that have.....you know.......speed?

After last night, we need up some speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed

Awaiting the inevitable KITN

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18937 on: January 03, 2015, 11:55:10 AM »

Offline purpyslurpy

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18938 on: January 03, 2015, 01:00:56 PM »

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #18939 on: January 03, 2015, 02:00:46 PM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18941 on: January 03, 2015, 08:18:00 PM »
@darrenrovell: Jim Harbaugh showed up in an Adidas Michigan jacket. Was switched to a Ravens Nike jacket.

Dead period problems?

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #18942 on: January 04, 2015, 08:48:01 PM »
Bryce English is starting get some serious attention, would be a huge pick up.

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18943 on: January 04, 2015, 09:32:26 PM »
Bryce English is starting get some serious attention, would be a huge pick up.

Will we beat out TCU?

Seems he has already committed to and decommitted from Texas and UCLA.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #18944 on: January 04, 2015, 10:02:36 PM »
His dad played for Bill at UNT. We have a connection.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18945 on: January 04, 2015, 10:31:28 PM »
5-star Mack said today TCU is in the lead.  If Mack goes TCU may not be room for English.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18946 on: January 04, 2015, 10:34:28 PM »
His dad played for Bill at UNT. We have a connection.

Any idea how English did in the Semper Fi game today?

Offline davegladow

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • Eyeblack Odyssey
« Reply #18947 on: January 05, 2015, 01:10:37 PM »
I don't push for kids (not even for Sams), because what the hell do I know and K-State barely only dips its toe in here locally anyway, but this guy wants to play quarterback at the next level and he's incredible.  If those other schools don't get hot and heavy quick, K-State should.

http://highschoolsports.nola.com/news/article/-9166681594314542679/warren-eastons-deshawn-capers-smith-chosen-as-louisianas-mr-football/

I've seen guys like Speedy Noil and Munchie Legaux, and they looked like athletes at QB.  This guys looks like a legit QB.

Only downside: You can't run him 30 times a game, so I guess nevermind.  Carry on.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18948 on: January 05, 2015, 01:26:45 PM »
I don't push for kids (not even for Sams), because what the hell do I know and K-State barely only dips its toe in here locally anyway, but this guy wants to play quarterback at the next level and he's incredible.  If those other schools don't get hot and heavy quick, K-State should.

http://highschoolsports.nola.com/news/article/-9166681594314542679/warren-eastons-deshawn-capers-smith-chosen-as-louisianas-mr-football/

I've seen guys like Speedy Noil and Munchie Legaux, and they looked like athletes at QB.  This guys looks like a legit QB.

Only downside: You can't run him 30 times a game, so I guess nevermind.  Carry on.

after reading the article, yes we should absolutely go hard after him which means we won't.

Offline Unruly

• Oh so Unruly.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18949 on: January 05, 2015, 01:33:19 PM »
:dance: