Author Topic: NICE!!!!!!  (Read 9632 times)

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: NICE!!!!!!
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2010, 03:17:45 PM »
The production quality of these videos really is great though, I was a little jealous when I first saw them. But the propaganda campaign style they decided to go with looks great until you have a season like this. Now it's just making these videos 10x more epically excruciating.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2010, 03:29:19 PM »
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein

Gill is Insane

It appears that he only has about 4 or 5 coaching phrases he uses and that he enjoys just randomly cycling through them.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2010, 03:33:06 PM »
They've got to be compiling these videos in order to come up with a reasonable excuse for canning his ass at the end of the season.
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2010, 03:35:03 PM »
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein

Gill is Insane

It appears that he only has about 4 or 5 coaching phrases he uses and that he enjoys just randomly cycling through them.

i think the real turner gill died years ago and what people think is turner gill is actually some kind of sophisticated robot computer that was built with some kind of voice processing chip that is only programmed with seven different sayings. is this even possible? what kind of egomaniac would build something like this?

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2010, 03:44:49 PM »
Albert Einstein

Gill is Insane

i think the real turner gill died years ago and what people think is turner gill is actually some kind of sophisticated robot computer that was built with some kind of voice processing chip that is only programmed with seven different sayings. is this even possible? what kind of egomaniac would build something like this?

=
(the mustache is obv a disguise)

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2010, 03:48:56 PM »
Albert Einstein

Gill is Insane

Atari 2600s could coach and motivate better than Gill. Must be a quarts watch robot
RIP Fatty

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2010, 03:56:24 PM »
Albert Einstein

Gill is Insane

Atari 2600s could coach and motivate better than Gill. Must be a quarts watch robot
More like a cup watch robot!  AMIRITE?!

:facepalm:

Offline wELLsculptedbrows

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2010, 03:58:58 PM »
He was still leading them through the B.E.L.I.E.V.E. spiel on OCT. 7th?

doesnotcompute

Offline ArchE_Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2010, 03:59:37 PM »
Albert Einstein

Gill is Insane

More like a cup watch robot!  AMIRITE?!

:facepalm:

yes,a 32 oz cup to be exact. I just hope they speced a Quick Trip cup when they designed the thing

Offline FHSU92

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2010, 04:01:53 PM »
Blocking, tackling, catching, and throwing are like the Hokey Pokey.

At least there are only 4 things to work on, seems pretty simple.

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2010, 04:39:14 PM »
Albert Einstein

Gill is Insane

I was expecting to hear "Time for Wapner!" at some point. :frown:

Sam S.

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2010, 04:40:51 PM »
Man, that John Hadl pep talk got me all riled up.

I mean, I like wanted to run out on the field and kill someone and thin crap in their chest cavity or something. :excited:

I just can't see how this coaching plan just didn't work out.  :dunno:

Offline Pittcat

• Resident Purveyor of Above Avererage Staplers.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2010, 04:47:49 PM »
I guess I missed the massive comeback in the second half. 

KU PR: Revisionist history in under a week, guaranteed.
3021  RIP

Online deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2010, 04:54:28 PM »
ku is about marketing first and foremost--like selling an air conditioner to Eskimos, etc.  The rubes that pass for fans of ku football are Eskimos, so to speak.

Offline gowildcatwildcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2010, 05:34:16 PM »
I like Gill's approach, but this one seems to get the troops a little more fired up.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLMl0CLIDLg

I did forget how good ku looked against our 2's and 3's.   :curse:

Offline CatsNShocks

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2010, 05:59:42 PM »

doesnotcompute

I get uneasy just watching that.
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

Offline doingwork

• Fan
  • I live in TX to keep a close eye on the enemy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2010, 06:06:44 PM »
"Block, Tackle, Catch, and Throw."   :horrorsurprise: You can catch before you throw? Maybe that's the problem.  :confused:
:ksu:

Offline Pittcat

• Resident Purveyor of Above Avererage Staplers.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2010, 06:10:12 PM »

doesnotcompute

Does the Rev always have church bells playing during practice? 
3021  RIP

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2010, 06:10:34 PM »

doesnotcompute

B- Baylor Kicked your asses.
E- Even your rival that you had two weeks to prepare for kicked your asses.
L- Life sucks.
I-  If you hang out with women after 10 we will lose worse.
E- Everyone give me your cellphone.
V- Varsity is for anyone this year.
E- Enjoy the College football experience (couldn't touch that one.)
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2010, 06:45:54 PM »
There's no way that the KU players didn't think wow our coach is Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) when he kept saying the same thing over and over again in the locker room at half ("tackle, catch, pass, that's all that football is!"). "I don't know what's gonna happen in the second half." Good head coach. :lol:

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2010, 07:15:58 PM »
There's no way that the KU players didn't think wow our coach is Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) when he kept saying the same thing over and over again in the locker room at half ("tackle, catch, pass, that's all that football is!"). "I don't know what's gonna happen in the second half." Good head coach. :lol:

Thought the same thing.  If I had been a player listening to that I would have started looking for sharp objects or  :goodbyecruelworld:

At minimum the kids on the team have to feel  :blindfold: leading up to every game.  If the Rev let's them :smoke: I hope some at least are having a :blunt:  (sorry, at work, can't access any emoticon sites to throw in there).

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2010, 07:23:04 PM »
how would you feel if you were an orange bowl player and had to sit in that locker room.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2010, 07:26:12 PM »
how would you feel if you were an orange bowl player and had to sit in that locker room.

Like Rick Majerus's towel boy...

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2010, 07:34:34 PM »

Like Rick Majerus's towel boy...
eeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2010, 07:43:11 PM »
At the point towards the end I was starting to get all  :curse: thinking K-State had lost the game.    I was thinking I was going to have to revise my Gubners Cup post and I started to get worried that we were wrongfully holding the trophy hostage in our trophy case.