Author Topic: Can we talk Stokes?  (Read 16516 times)

Offline kstofer

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Can we talk Stokes?
« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2018, 12:12:51 AM »
There's no doubt that since the injury he's been a diff'rent Stokes.

Good for you, well done

Yeah yeah, pretty basic low hanging fruit there, I know. I'll see to it that the quality of my future posts are movin on up
LOW HANGING FRUIT CAT

Offline Poster formerly known as jthutch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2018, 10:36:28 AM »
There's no doubt that since the injury he's been a diff'rent Stokes.

Good for you, well done

Yeah yeah, pretty basic low hanging fruit there, I know. I'll see to it that the quality of my future posts are movin on up
  Hey BIG APPLE CAT  You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have the facts of life.

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2018, 04:00:04 PM »
Diarra should start. Kam seems either less than healthy or mentally wrong. I still don't want him to leave though. Has some value that I'm not sure can be replaced in the short term, mostly his experience.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2018, 08:30:04 PM »
Y'all still trying to take my guy's scholarship, or no?

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2018, 08:31:31 PM »
STOKES CAN STAY

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2018, 09:21:57 PM »

with the mcguirl guard showing some promise, the concept of running him off makes more sense.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2018, 09:46:49 PM »

with the mcguirl guard showing some promise, the concept of running him off makes more sense.

They seemed to play well together tonight. McGuirl isn't a point. Cardi has had a pretty awful last month of the season, he's clearly hit the wall which is understandable given this is his first year of CBB and he's coming off of a torn ACL.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2018, 09:50:07 PM »
he's more of a point than any other guard they have (except maybe brown). 
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2018, 09:53:55 PM »
Oh, okay. Thanks Coach Wooden.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2018, 09:58:42 PM »
you're really an bad person, mir.

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2018, 10:00:21 PM »
I'll allow it.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2018, 11:09:06 PM »

That's rich considering the current conversation. Coach Wooden is telling us that a guy who hasn't played one second of point guard is the first or second best point guard on the roster, along with another guy who doesn't play the point, and I'm the bad person for mocking such dumbfuckedry. Whatever, I'll be that.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 16, 2018, 11:11:34 PM »
I mean, sys is right. I don't know if MiR is being any more curt than normal, but McGuirl has shown more feel for the floor in two games than Kam has his entire career. I honestly don't think that's super controversial. Like, it seems obvious. Is it not obvious?
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #63 on: March 16, 2018, 11:20:26 PM »
I mean, sys is right. I don't know if MiR is being any more curt than normal, but McGuirl has shown more feel for the floor in two games than Kam has his entire career. I honestly don't think that's super controversial. Like, it seems obvious. Is it not obvious?
I'm looking forward to the day where one of your posts contains an actual fact.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 16, 2018, 11:22:01 PM »
i wouldn't stake my life on mcguirl being a better pg than stokes, but only because i've only seen him play like 20 minutes or so.  i would on brown.  brown is a better pg than stokes, he's a better combo than stokes, he's a better wing than stokes and he's a better big than stokes.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 16, 2018, 11:27:08 PM »
i wouldn't stake my life on mcguirl being a better pg than stokes, but only because i've only seen him play like 20 minutes or so.  i would on brown.  brown is a better pg than stokes, he's a better combo than stokes, he's a better wing than stokes and he's a better big than stokes.

The entry pass over the top tonight was really the only thing I needed to see. Kam has never made that pass and will never make that pass, because he can't. Pretty good shooter when he's going right, but a point guard he is not.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 16, 2018, 11:27:26 PM »

They aren't serving anything remotely close to the same role, are you guys trolling? Not only isn't McGuirl the primary ball handler, he isn't being asked to handle the ball at all.

McGuirl asserting himself making Stokes more expendable seems to ridiculous to be an actual thing for anyone watching the games. Nearly all of McGuirl's minutes have come with Kam on the floor, handling the damn ball, he played 38 minutes. Am I missing something here?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2018, 11:31:17 PM »
he was recruited as a pg, right?  he can probably bring the ball up the court.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 16, 2018, 11:34:34 PM »

They aren't serving anything remotely close to the same role, are you guys trolling? Not only isn't McGuirl the primary ball handler, he isn't being asked to handle the ball at all.

McGuirl asserting himself making Stokes more expendable seems to ridiculous to be an actual thing for anyone watching the games. Nearly all of McGuirl's minutes have come with Kam on the floor, handling the damn ball, he played 38 minutes. Am I missing something here?

I don't think it makes him more expendable. We have eight good basketball players on our team, plenty of minutes to go around, but Stokes should play less PG because of McGuirl. Stokes pounds the ball because he doesn't see the floor well, not a real great natural feel for how an offense flows. Early signs that McGuirl does have that natural sense of how things are supposed to flow.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 16, 2018, 11:42:58 PM »
I think it could be really fun watching Diarra and McGuirl both run lead guard, ala Denis and Jake, once Brown and Stokes move on. I really like their size and athleticism, and they both seem to have a really good feel for our offense at an early stage.

Offline cat97

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 16, 2018, 11:53:12 PM »
Stokes with 11 points on 5 for 9.  Three assists, four rebounds and a steal in 38 minutes.  I didn't see anybody score on him unless you count Fosters three at the end when Diarra did not give enough help on the screen. And we won. I need to find out what pounding the ball means as it seemed to work  pretty good tonight. 

Comment from Diarra about Stokes game tonight:
On how much confidence teammate Deathbite can take from his performance
“It is going to be great. He needed to see a couple of shots fall and he has seen that. Hopefully, that
pushes him and he makes more shots next game and just keeps moving forward. He is a huge threat.
Before he got hurt, he was averaging 15 [points]. He is very capable. He has been in a little shooting
slump, but tonight it seemed like he was getting out of it, so we are really happy with that.”
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 12:07:47 AM by cat97 »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 16, 2018, 11:55:57 PM »
I don't think it makes him more expendable.

Am I drunk? This is exactly what sys was saying

you replied by saying this:

Do you agree with him or not?

It doesn't matter, Kam will be a senior next year and Cardi is a sophomore. Mike will continue to play off of the ball for at least one more season.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 17, 2018, 12:04:04 AM »
I just agreed that I think he shows more promise as a point guard than Kam, sorry, I can see how that was confusing. I also agree that he'll play off the ball for another year, but I don't think that's the right move. Not grooming him as a lead guard next year would be a waste, especially if it comes because of some misplaced loyalty to playing Kam at the pg spot. Dude still isn't even quite at 2:1 a/to ratio as a junior in college. His only chance to play ball at the next level is at point, but that shouldn't determine how we use him on the floor. He would be a very good shooting guard off the bench.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 17, 2018, 12:10:15 AM »
IMO it's absurd to say McGuirl is or isn't anything when he's played like 40 minutes all season

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 17, 2018, 12:23:20 AM »
the one who isn't a pg is diarra.  he's a nice wing.