Author Topic: Tulsa Hurricane thread  (Read 8020 times)

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
Re: Tulsa Hurricane thread
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2017, 11:50:13 AM »
My favorite part was the exbruces... Just too ready to play.
Yeah I lost my crap over this. If you are ready to come in demolish then you win with force!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2017, 01:10:47 PM »
A good friend who I go to Church with was at the, and it was expressed the guys were disjointed and did not play any tream schemes.  I remember reading recently that Oscar want to use an offense like the NBA Warriors, a poke and prod approach.  Poke and prod the defense until you get a good shot. My friend said they got shots but could not make them.  To bad Weber does not have a Plan B for nights like these.  A true point guard could help.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2017, 09:15:42 PM »
A good friend who I go to Church with was at the, and it was expressed the guys were disjointed and did not play any tream schemes.  I remember reading recently that Oscar want to use an offense like the NBA Warriors, a poke and prod approach.  Poke and prod the defense until you get a good shot. My friend said they got shots but could not make them.  To bad Weber does not have a Plan B for nights like these.  A true point guard could help.

Also a coach who isn't Oscar could help.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Tulsa Hurricane thread
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2017, 09:44:19 AM »
As usual _fan is right IMO. I don’t think the game was as much of a crapshow as some here suggest, but without a doubt the lack of offensive rebounding is ridiculous. If you’re gonna be a live/die by 3 team (which I am totally ok with) then you have to be a better offensive rebounding team.

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2017, 11:39:15 AM »
was it finals week? maybe the guys were hitting the books too hard

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2017, 12:55:52 PM »
Does the openess of a large arena effect College 3 pt. shooters?  KU had troubles too at Sprint.

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2017, 01:08:18 PM »
Does the openess of a large arena effect College 3 pt. shooters?  KU had troubles too at Sprint.

This was a topic of discussion when they held the FF at ATT / Cowboys Stadium in Dallas. Certainly seemed to have an effect.

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2017, 05:15:14 PM »
We took 31 3PT shots. I also tend to believe that most of them were not forced or guarded tries.
I didn't really want 14 3PA in the 2nd half after a 3-17 1st half, but i was more upset that we didn't try harder to get shots in the paint or inside of 8-10 feet.  Especially after getting 4 2pt makes the first 4 minutes after the break

Also attacking the zone can lead to FTAs. We have been a good FT shooting team of late. 14-17 from the line on Saturday. And with 2 minutes left, we were 11-14 on FGs inside 10 feet.  Both successful percentages

But as FAN pointed out, the effort on the O-boards was bad, and just lazy. 38 missed FGAs, just 7 ORs and 5 2nd chance pts isn't getting it done.  Late in the game, we had missed 24 3PTA and gotten an OR on 4 of them.  Against a Zone D, that's a poor effort

Offline cat97

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2017, 06:05:03 PM »
We took 31 3PT shots. I also tend to believe that most of them were not forced or guarded tries.
I didn't really want 14 3PA in the 2nd half after a 3-17 1st half, but i was more upset that we didn't try harder to get shots in the paint or inside of 8-10 feet.  Especially after getting 4 2pt makes the first 4 minutes after the break

Also attacking the zone can lead to FTAs. We have been a good FT shooting team of late. 14-17 from the line on Saturday. And with 2 minutes left, we were 11-14 on FGs inside 10 feet.  Both successful percentages

But as FAN pointed out, the effort on the O-boards was bad, and just lazy. 38 missed FGAs, just 7 ORs and 5 2nd chance pts isn't getting it done.  Late in the game, we had missed 24 3PTA and gotten an OR on 4 of them.  Against a Zone D, that's a poor effort

Good comments on the offensive rebounding.  We need to improve there.  I think we need at least three guys to crash the offensive boards even at the risk of a few fast break points against us.  First though, we need to teach them what crash means.  In other words, work just as hard to get to the weak side and get position as a shot is being taken as you do before a shot when you think you might receive a pass.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2017, 07:33:23 PM »
Questions for our resident coaching types.  Does the ball bounce out further from around the rim on a missed 3 point shot?  If so, does become more imperative for the guards and small forwards to be more aggressive rebounders?  Wyatt and Max were dismayed that our guards do not follow their shots to the rim to try to rebound, comments?