Author Topic: FattyFest FeedBack  (Read 7177 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: FattyFest FeedBack
« Reply #100 on: October 19, 2017, 02:25:02 PM »
Oh, also I don't know how much advanced sales you got (as % of total) but I liked having that option to pay online rather than having to have so much cash.

Yes, and we need to encourage that more, potentially by making the cash/day-of price higher than the online/advance price.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 19, 2017, 02:34:57 PM »

#1. Anyone suggesting a location other than MHK is an idiot.
#2. I think having food there keeps people at the event and engaged, instead of leaving to get food. (Doesn't have to be too complicated though.)
#3. If contemplating scheduling for Spring 2018, consider whether that is too soon after the last event...Will people donate as much if they just donated?  :dunno:
#4. Do you want to try to get more non-gE people attending? If so, consider advertising options.
#5. Try not to change the date once it is set so that people don't have to reschedule stuff.  :dunno:
#6. large groups for bar crawls never work out well.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 19, 2017, 03:09:57 PM »
Oh, also I don't know how much advanced sales you got (as % of total) but I liked having that option to pay online rather than having to have so much cash.

Yes...I like this as well.....plus POINTS!
@mikec2w

The Big Train

« Reply #103 on: October 19, 2017, 03:10:41 PM »

Yes, and we need to encourage that more, potentially by making the cash/day-of price higher than the online/advance price.

Also allow for BTC and LTC payments.  You will get a return on it too while waiting for the final library plans.

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 19, 2017, 03:47:27 PM »
Maybe have an hour set aside after trivia where all the losers can give donations to get their picture taken with the champs and touch the belt.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: October 19, 2017, 03:54:04 PM »
Maybe have an hour set aside after trivia where all the losers can give donations to get their picture taken with the champs and touch the belt.

Why didn't we think to combo this with the photo booth contest?!?  :curse:  #synergy

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 19, 2017, 03:58:20 PM »

Why didn't we think to combo this with the photo booth contest?!?  :curse:  #synergy
Who won that btw? I basically cheated on the wife so I could win.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 19, 2017, 04:00:56 PM »

The mittons (sp?), I believe.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 19, 2017, 06:42:36 PM »
I don't know how difficult it is to get in with the Greater Manhattan Community Foundation but they do a match day every year on Earth day.  Every dollar gets a $1 match.  If you are planning on doing it with the spring game, it is likely that will coincide with Match day as they probably won't do it on a Sunday.  If everyone pays for their auction items online through their site on their match day, it will double the amount of money raised.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 19, 2017, 06:43:17 PM »
WHOA

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 19, 2017, 08:57:16 PM »

The mittons (sp?), I believe.
Speaking of that, don't I have a teal cooler or something coming in the mail?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 20, 2017, 12:13:39 AM »
I don't know how difficult it is to get in with the Greater Manhattan Community Foundation but they do a match day every year on Earth day.  Every dollar gets a $1 match.  If you are planning on doing it with the spring game, it is likely that will coincide with Match day as they probably won't do it on a Sunday.  If everyone pays for their auction items online through their site on their match day, it will double the amount of money raised.

Holy crap.  Even if FattyFest's not on the exact day, I'm sure we could do something to time things out to where actual payment for things is on the right day.  After we get the date figured out, don't let us forget about trying to hook this up.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 20, 2017, 02:43:21 AM »
My professor is the mayor of Manhattan idk if she has anything to do with them

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 20, 2017, 07:52:20 AM »
Thanks Greg

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 20, 2017, 08:20:21 AM »
I will look in to this, but I don't think The greater manhattan foundation allows 1:1 matches for individual charities, but I will follow up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 20, 2017, 08:38:03 AM »
I will look in to this, but I don't think The greater manhattan foundation allows 1:1 matches for individual charities, but I will follow up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They do on match day.  I've volunteered with them in the past.  I'm not sure what goes into partnering with them (you may have to use them to money manage) but if I donate $100 to boys and girls club, some manhattan stud matches dollar for dollar.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 20, 2017, 08:39:38 AM »
this sounds like a no-brainer to me. it's now $200 per person who does not show up (!)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 20, 2017, 08:40:22 AM »
:lol:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 20, 2017, 09:45:58 AM »
My only opinion is that pretty much everyone but winters and greg are too old for pub crawls.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 20, 2017, 09:51:20 AM »
My only opinion is that pretty much everyone but winters and greg are too old for pub crawls.

Pub crawl's out for any number of reasons.  You more than anyone need to be giving feedback about scheduling.

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #120 on: October 20, 2017, 02:11:10 PM »
why not get k-state athletes involved and host some sort of tournament?

it could be flag football at old stadium, a 3-on-3 hoops tourney at the rec, wiffle ball, or tennis (fatty's favorite). if you hosted FF in April, most athletes are on campus but not in season, so surely they'd be willing to participate. they could also help with promotion and attendance.

once teams are set in whatever sport you decide on (let's say it's hoops), create a bracket, have someone set the odds, and allow non participants to place bets on who they think will win (any money won must be spent on auction items). you could film the event live, which engages people who are not there, and is yet another way to create publicity.

i have yet to attend an FF (sorry!), but i would watch this and follow with interest.

if sys was on a team, i would for sure show up just to destroy him in an athletic endeavor.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 20, 2017, 02:14:13 PM »
Hooping at a 5 sounds dangerous
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
FattyFest FeedBack
« Reply #122 on: October 20, 2017, 02:39:22 PM »
why not get k-state athletes involved and host some sort of tournament?

it could be flag football at old stadium, a 3-on-3 hoops tourney at the rec, wiffle ball, or tennis (fatty's favorite). if you hosted FF in April, most athletes are on campus but not in season, so surely they'd be willing to participate. they could also help with promotion and attendance.

once teams are set in whatever sport you decide on (let's say it's hoops), create a bracket, have someone set the odds, and allow non participants to place bets on who they think will win (any money won must be spent on auction items). you could film the event live, which engages people who are not there, and is yet another way to create publicity.

i have yet to attend an FF (sorry!), but i would watch this and follow with interest.

if sys was on a team, i would for sure show up just to destroy him in an athletic endeavor.

The tennis team used to do a mixed doubles fundraiser. That would absolutely be a blast. We are pretty sure that for April the event would be non trivia focused, so this is a good suggestion. However, tennis would still be in season in April.

But I like the idea.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 20, 2017, 02:50:15 PM »
you can pry trivia out of my cold dead hands

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 20, 2017, 03:09:32 PM »
you can pry trivia out of my cold dead hands

If we do a non-trivia thing for an April '18 'fest, it'll only be because we don't think we'll be able to do the full 5-hour production all within Mae's so soon to the last one with our benefactors donating the amount of stuff we need to do it right.  It would be to bridge the gap between this past one and the usual event in its new April-ish slot starting in '19.

What we're considering would still involve your team defending the belt in competition.