Author Topic: Cryptocurrency Master Thread  (Read 216344 times)

The Big Train

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Cryptocurrency Master Thread
« Reply #276 on: October 09, 2017, 06:47:10 PM »
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

The Big Train

« Reply #277 on: October 09, 2017, 07:15:05 PM »
https://twitter.com/lopp/status/917463355593502720

What's the context on this TBT?

Ross Ulbricht(Avi: Dread Pirate Roberts) had that many BTC confiscated when he got arrested by the FBI.  He ran the first Silk Road.  The government treated his BTC as property and auctioned them all off.  The current price at the time and what they auctioned them for was only ~$28 million.  Today they’d be worth ~692 million.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 09, 2017, 07:17:51 PM »

Ross Ulbricht(Avi: Dread Pirate Roberts) had that many BTC confiscated when he got arrested by the FBI.  He ran the first Silk Road.  The government treated his BTC as property and auctioned them all off.  The current price at the time and what they auctioned them for was only ~$28 million.  Today they’d be worth ~692 million.

That is insane, I had no idea the US Govt had already seized BTC from an individual

The Big Train

« Reply #279 on: October 09, 2017, 07:22:18 PM »

That is insane, I had no idea the US Govt had already seized BTC from an individual

He got arrested in California and was charged crimes in several states. However the biggest bull crap was that his trial was in NY, which has some of the toughest financial and internet crime laws. They wanted to make an example of him, plain and simple. He’s serving life in prison without the possibility of parole.

The Big Train

Cryptocurrency Master Thread
« Reply #280 on: October 10, 2017, 06:56:31 PM »
I just updated my CoinBase app and it’s like way different now.  I like it.  Looks more like the website does now.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 11, 2017, 10:36:37 AM »

He got arrested in California and was charged crimes in several states. However the biggest bull crap was that his trial was in NY, which has some of the toughest financial and internet crime laws. They wanted to make an example of him, plain and simple. He’s serving life in prison without the possibility of parole.

For those interested, there's a p good Netflix docu on this whole thing.

The Big Train

« Reply #282 on: October 11, 2017, 01:20:01 PM »
So something we haven’t talked about is exchanging LTC <=> BTC and ETH <=> BTC on GDAX and other exchanges.  Earlier this summer LTC got to .02 BTC and that was an ATH.  If you look at the exchange rate right now it’s just not fair.

Right now BTC has been rocketing back close to $5000 while LTC has settled around ~$50.  Because LTC is so stable comparably I see tremendous opportunity coming in the near future.  The exchange rate right now is .01 BTC, which is half of what the ATH is.  LTC shouldn’t fall below mid $40’s but BTC could fall a lot more.  Just something I’m watching a lot more recently since it’s gotten so favorable.

The Big Train

« Reply #283 on: October 11, 2017, 01:23:38 PM »
These are 1 day candles and it looks like we could be close to the bottom.  :kstategrad:

The Big Train

« Reply #284 on: October 12, 2017, 07:02:33 AM »
We broke $5000!  New ATH!  :Wha:

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: October 12, 2017, 07:06:45 AM »
China made so much money manipulating the market.  They could keep doing it over and over in the short term too.

The Big Train

The Big Train

« Reply #287 on: October 12, 2017, 07:27:15 AM »
China made so much money manipulating the market.  They could keep doing it over and over in the short term too.

Crazy.  $2000 swing from its low a month ago from that crap.

The Big Train

« Reply #288 on: October 12, 2017, 11:52:36 AM »

The Big Train

« Reply #290 on: October 12, 2017, 07:20:45 PM »
I am really good at this guys, like dangerously good. :kstategrad:

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 12, 2017, 08:39:19 PM »
What do you make of these resistance points and rallies today? Feels very much like the jump to the 90's a while back.

The Big Train

« Reply #292 on: October 12, 2017, 08:57:54 PM »
What do you make of these resistance points and rallies today? Feels very much like the jump to the 90's a while back.

Couple of things.  There’s speculation that China was just jk about the whole crypto ban(not surprising those currency manipulating fucks, even tho they were down to 1.5% of the trading today which is a 58.5% drop from before).  One of the lightning projects released a new wallet.  CoinBase allowing instant purchases from bank accounts(I’m very disappointed I wasn’t one of the first 15k that got that).

The main thing is money is pouring in because of the forks.  F2Pool quit signaling for SegWit2X.  The civil war has gotten pretty heated recently, many of the big players are bashing heads a lot more than they were ahead of the Bcash fork.  Several major exchanges are allowing instant withdraws of these two forks, after what happened with Bcash they are evolving.  Easy way to get free money.  Like I said, it’s a very exciting time.

https://twitter.com/lopp/status/918455554078597120

The Big Train

« Reply #293 on: October 12, 2017, 09:43:57 PM »
Holy eff!  We could see $6000 tonight!

The Big Train

« Reply #294 on: October 12, 2017, 09:46:45 PM »
So prices as they are, I just bought again(BTC and LTC).  The price may go down with the two hard forks coming(yeah two in the next 2 months) for BTC.  When there is turmoil in BTC I see $$$ signs, especially when my money is splitting into two more chains.

This is a long term buy so I’m not looking to sell quick at all.  These two other chains I don’t expect to last forever but we’ll see where they go.

:driving:

Missed the lowest of the last dip by only about ~10 hours.  I’ll take that all day long

Everyone is jumping to BTC ahead of these forks.

I’m hoping everyone is making money, because I rough ridin' am omg.

The Big Train

« Reply #295 on: October 12, 2017, 09:53:13 PM »
:eek:

The Big Train

Cryptocurrency Master Thread
« Reply #296 on: October 12, 2017, 09:58:47 PM »
Alright guys, I’m gonna do this once, and once only.  I know I have made some people some money, any tips, from past or future, send here. 

ONLY SEND THE APPROPRIATE COIN TO THE APPROPRIATE ADDRESS!!!

The Big Train

« Reply #297 on: October 12, 2017, 09:59:40 PM »
BTC - ONLY

The Big Train

« Reply #298 on: October 12, 2017, 10:00:07 PM »
LTC - ONLY

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile