Author Topic: Cryptocurrency Master Thread  (Read 216507 times)

The Big Train

Re: Cryptocurrency Master Thread
« Reply #250 on: September 29, 2017, 10:58:12 PM »
Since I'm out of the crypto game for a bit I've started looking into other investing things.  Has or does anyone use SeekingAlpha?  I love the content and they have a really good app too.
thoughts on z cash.. I did finally pull the trigger on some litecoin the other day

https://twitter.com/tuurdemeester/status/905551277530198016

It has since come down a bit but just thought you might want another update.  The whole Snowden thread(like 3 tweets) is interesting.

https://twitter.com/tuurdemeester/status/913261207070666752

https://twitter.com/snowden/status/913544739542241282
You live in mhk right tbt? We can have a semi nerd pak whenevs. I'll bring my Russian step bro as well. He's full on nerd but I love that guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do.  I love talking crypto.  PM your number and we’ll talk shop.

The Big Train

The Big Train

« Reply #252 on: September 30, 2017, 04:23:48 PM »
Using multiple exchanges could be a very profitable business...

https://bitflyer.jp/en-us/

The Big Train

The Big Train

« Reply #254 on: September 30, 2017, 04:29:10 PM »
The cycle continues and the BTC blockchain will slow for a few days

https://twitter.com/satoshilite/status/913929298477641728

I don't know if the fork will happen, but this is a very serious thing to consider.  It already drops a lot when BCH difficulty goes down, how will it react with 3 different Bitcoin blockchains?

https://twitter.com/TuurDemeester/status/914239652277755905

The Big Train

Cryptocurrency Master Thread
« Reply #255 on: October 01, 2017, 07:53:34 AM »
Should be at around ~6 blocks per hour :sdeek:

https://twitter.com/satoshilite/status/914356808000655360

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 02, 2017, 03:47:00 PM »
Just got set up on Coinbase, TBT.  I’m itching to get play around in some of this mud.

Btw, saw Goldman is thinking about getting in on this action too.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

The Big Train

« Reply #257 on: October 02, 2017, 07:14:17 PM »
Just got set up on Coinbase, TBT.  I’m itching to get play around in some of this mud.

Btw, saw Goldman is thinking about getting in on this action too.

:thumbs:

Enjoy the ride :driving:

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 02, 2017, 08:13:43 PM »
What's the exchange rate going to be like? Whatever it is at that moment?

The Big Train

« Reply #260 on: October 02, 2017, 08:41:56 PM »
What's the exchange rate going to be like? Whatever it is at that moment?

For who, the consumer or merchants?  The exchange rate is whatever X exchange is currently.  As crypto expands, I see businesses not exchanging back to fiat currencies that quickly.  If they are paid in crypto they will either hold or buy resources with that crypto.

You have to look at it as its own currency, not what the exchange rate is back to fiat.  It’s borderless currency, so anyone in the world can and will do business with it.  You aren’t tied to any one country, I could buy something from India with BTC and they in turn could buy more raw resources from China.  All of this would happen without exchanging between currencies and without the worry of a third party.  You, and only you, are in control of YOUR money.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 02, 2017, 08:49:51 PM »
I'll just have to do my own research on an item on Amazon. To see what it's price in bitcoin is at as the bitcoin market goes through some volatility.

I haven't been following closely but it seemed like there was a fair amount of movement in its value with respect to US dollar.  So one side will invariably be exploiting the crap out of this. I'm guessing it'll be Amazon.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 02, 2017, 09:06:26 PM »
Basically the price of a bitcoin is a decent used Honda Accord right now.. I haven't checked with what all was going on with amazon but I'm assuming they are going to accept partial bit coin amounts ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 02, 2017, 09:10:36 PM »
I may be mentioning the wrong coin, but yes Amazon is set to be accepting one of the cryptos soon.

I also could be way off base. I just thought there was still a lot of rise and fall in the markets dollar value thus leading to either great deals or Amazon is looking at it as an investment and trying to get a head of the curve for substantial gains.

The Big Train

« Reply #264 on: October 02, 2017, 09:26:25 PM »
There was a report I posted about BTC being accepted as payment but nothing has been official.  There was/is also a petition to get it as a payment.

All of the big cryptos are traded against all the major country currencies, which is facilitated by that countries exchanges.  Trading against the US dollar doesn’t even account for a quarter of the trade volumes, which is why the China thing was such a big deal.

The Big Train

Cryptocurrency Master Thread
« Reply #265 on: October 03, 2017, 08:59:22 AM »

The Big Train

The Big Train

« Reply #267 on: October 05, 2017, 03:59:47 PM »
So prices as they are, I just bought again(BTC and LTC).  The price may go down with the two hard forks coming(yeah two in the next 2 months) for BTC.  When there is turmoil in BTC I see $$$ signs, especially when my money is splitting into two more chains.

This is a long term buy so I’m not looking to sell quick at all.  These two other chains I don’t expect to last forever but we’ll see where they go.

The Big Train

« Reply #268 on: October 05, 2017, 04:15:53 PM »
So, if you’ve been following along you know CoinBase probably won’t support Bitcoin Gold(October 25) and the November SegWit2X hardfork.  So, how do you access your coins from the forks?

For one, don’t keep your coins on the exchanges long term, UNLESS, you are actively trading, as a best practice.  I’ve said my preferred wallets or use others.  If you don’t have them on the exchanges, the individual forks will have default wallets.  Yet there may not be exchanges ready to handle them, or there may be, but you can’t access them because they are country specific.  So my advice is just hold tight while everything settles a bit and they get exchange support.

If there is anything to learn from the Bitcoin Cash(BCH) fork is that the price can rise RAPIDLY after the early fear mongerers sell.  It could also fall to nothing if they have no miners.  With BCH and the miner difficulty adjusting you could see large mining pools moving between all of them, idk, I haven’t looked at the Bitcoin Gold and SegWit2X techs much yet.  Regardless of how it all turns out, this is a very exciting time in crypto.

The Big Train

The Big Train

The Big Train

« Reply #271 on: October 06, 2017, 10:23:27 PM »
Just got back to our hotel but met a hedge fund manager that deals in the multi-million dollar type. He has several customer that dabble in crypto. He follows Coinbase but the country I’m in isn’t allow on Coinbase, so he’s only invested recently in crypto, while his clients have since 2014. Got his card to connect and talk more.

:kstategrad:

The Big Train

« Reply #272 on: October 07, 2017, 04:08:03 PM »
Was just going back through my early purchases and these were my first two buys of BTC and ETH when I was getting used to CoinBase.  Man what I would do to buy again at those prices :lol:

The Big Train

« Reply #273 on: October 08, 2017, 11:03:53 AM »
So prices as they are, I just bought again(BTC and LTC).  The price may go down with the two hard forks coming(yeah two in the next 2 months) for BTC.  When there is turmoil in BTC I see $$$ signs, especially when my money is splitting into two more chains.

This is a long term buy so I’m not looking to sell quick at all.  These two other chains I don’t expect to last forever but we’ll see where they go.

:driving:

Missed the lowest of the last dip by only about ~10 hours.  I’ll take that all day long

The Big Train

« Reply #274 on: October 09, 2017, 03:35:41 PM »

:driving:

Missed the lowest of the last dip by only about ~10 hours.  I’ll take that all day long

Everyone is jumping to BTC ahead of these forks.