Author Topic: Can Vol fans get a wiki on why Currie is a horrible hire at Tennessee?  (Read 159939 times)

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Can Vol fans get a wiki on why Currie is a horrible hire at Tennessee?
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2017, 02:44:56 PM »
that guy looks like Currie's brother.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2017, 02:47:08 PM »
Heh.  I forgot about Dooley.  I was very upset with him during summer 2010 for something to do with Bryce Brown.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2017, 02:58:47 PM »
Probably not accurate about the intermediary, but probably accurate that Snyder doesn't acnowledge anything Currie says.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

it's absolutely accurate about the intermediary

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2017, 03:01:16 PM »
Thanks for the replies.

Anecdotally, he was not well liked in his first stop in Knoxville. He also learned at the feet of Mike Hamilton, a man partly responsible for tanking our AD. David Blackburn is a local who would have been a slam dunk, and Phil Fulmer made a late run at the job thanks to his donor affiliations. Not many were expecting this.

he wasn't well liked here either but my man pissclams will assure you he wasn't liked both here and at UT the first time around because of inexperience and now he is experienced so I'm sure everyone will absolutely love this completely likeable irl individual. have fun.

i don't have to like someone to work with them or to acknowledge that they're being successful at their job
i never gave a crap about liking john currie, how i feel about him is inconsequential

It's important to me to like them because I am a fan and I do this for entertainment. 

it's important to me to like our coaches and that they're successful
i suppose it'd be ok to like an administrator too but really i don't care about that.  if he hires good coaches and runs a successful athletics department i could give two shits what kind of boots he wears to a nut fry.

to each their own

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2017, 03:02:24 PM »
Thanks for the replies.

Anecdotally, he was not well liked in his first stop in Knoxville. He also learned at the feet of Mike Hamilton, a man partly responsible for tanking our AD. David Blackburn is a local who would have been a slam dunk, and Phil Fulmer made a late run at the job thanks to his donor affiliations. Not many were expecting this.

he wasn't well liked here either but my man pissclams will assure you he wasn't liked both here and at UT the first time around because of inexperience and now he is experienced so I'm sure everyone will absolutely love this completely likeable irl individual. have fun.

i don't have to like someone to work with them or to acknowledge that they're being successful at their job
i never gave a crap about liking john currie, how i feel about him is inconsequential

It's important to me to like them because I am a fan and I do this for entertainment. 

i suppose it'd be ok to like an administrator too but really i don't care about that.  if he hires good coaches and runs a successful athletics department i could give two shits what kind of boots he wears to a nut fry.

to each their own
I agree with this, but the thing is, he ran off Frank (who had plenty of success here) and hired oscar, so stupid boots notwithstanding, he kind of crap the bed. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2017, 03:02:40 PM »
Probably not accurate about the intermediary, but probably accurate that Snyder doesn't acnowledge anything Currie says.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

it's absolutely accurate about the intermediary
Well, that is fun to know.  Do you think the intermediary actually tells Snyder what Currie says?  I bet he just tells Bill that "John says hello."

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2017, 03:04:40 PM »
Thanks for the replies.

to each their own

i don't care if i like the AD. i don't care if i like our coaches.  i do care if our good coaches like our AD though. if they don't then it makes it harder to keep them and harder to hire replacements when they leave because word gets around in coaching circles.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2017, 03:08:07 PM »
I'm not sure if it has anything to do with liking each other, but there has to be some sort of respect. It seems that neither Bill or Frank had any respect for Currie. That's a problem. Most people realize admin gonna admin, but it reaches a point where their is a disconnect and it seems clear Currie had that happen with 2 coaches. Then the guy he hired to replace one of them may have had all the respect for him in the world, but he burned down the program. I understand the issues people have with this completely.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2017, 03:22:17 PM »
black boots are to Currie what the play hard chart is to oscar

Offline big orange

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2017, 03:32:17 PM »
I'm not sure if it has anything to do with liking each other, but there has to be some sort of respect. It seems that neither Bill or Frank had any respect for Currie. That's a problem. Most people realize admin gonna admin, but it reaches a point where their is a disconnect and it seems clear Currie had that happen with 2 coaches. Then the guy he hired to replace one of them may have had all the respect for him in the world, but he burned down the program. I understand the issues people have with this completely.

That's what we (UT) had with Doug Dickey during the 80s and 90s. As far as I know, Johnny Majors and Phil Fulmer had the latitude to do what they wanted with the program. Dickey kept the NCAA out of Knoxville and had us in good standing as far as bowls, etc. goes.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2017, 03:33:50 PM »
hopefully the photog reposts his work but I recall the jeans as the biggest faux pas

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 28, 2017, 03:39:23 PM »
hopefully the photog reposts his work but I recall the jeans as the biggest faux pas

Look at that viaka in the back!

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 28, 2017, 05:08:02 PM »
Thanks for the replies.

to each their own

i don't care if i like the AD. i don't care if i like our coaches.  i do care if our good coaches like our AD though. if they don't then it makes it harder to keep them and harder to hire replacements when they leave because word gets around in coaching circles.

agreed but then again, it's not like snyder nor martin are the most agreeable coaches in their profession.  probably leaning heavily towards the opposite of that, actually.

i'm hoping we hire an AD who is universally loved by fans as well as the coaches that work for him/her and that we win a ton of champy trophs under his/her reign.  unfortunately, i'm a realist and have been following k-state for long enough to know that isn't going to happen.  but we can dream.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 28, 2017, 05:21:25 PM »
Are there many female ADs?

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 28, 2017, 06:14:56 PM »
I've never heard of Canadian Hunter. Is it a garden city market exclusive rebadge of Black Velvet?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 28, 2017, 06:16:27 PM »
I didn't get to the CH myself.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 28, 2017, 06:50:12 PM »
Heh.  I forgot about Dooley.  I was very upset with him during summer 2010 for something to do with Bryce Brown.

Non release

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 28, 2017, 06:55:05 PM »
I hate sounding like I am trashing Snyder but GMAB with acting like not getting along with Snyder is some mark against Currie. Snyder got to do whatever the he'll he wanted for two decades, some times to the detriment to the program and the department. Currie forced Snyder to schedule better, advance the facilities, and to become slightly more media friendly. Snyder has spoken publicly about his resistance to these things. How can any of you be critical of Currie because of his relationship with Snyder? That literally makes no sense at all.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 28, 2017, 07:04:11 PM »
Bill hates him, so...

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 28, 2017, 07:06:44 PM »
Currie did many good things.  But he was still a hyper control freak weird dude who was not relatable. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 28, 2017, 07:07:46 PM »
Currie did many good things.  But he was still a hyper control freak weird dude who was not relatable. 

Yep.

Just like Bill.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 28, 2017, 07:14:19 PM »
keep the talent happy tho

Offline big orange

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 28, 2017, 07:21:18 PM »
What's the story with "moo"? Preview of coming attractions in Knoxville?

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 28, 2017, 07:21:26 PM »
How has nobody mentioned how unequivocably socially inept the Currdog is?!?

Oh, wait, Trim posted photographic evidence.

:buh-bye:
bears are fast...

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 28, 2017, 08:34:44 PM »

Yep.

Just like Bill.

These are qualities I can see as potentially helpful, or at least tolerable, in a football coach.  In an AD, not so much.