Author Topic: The shooting we sNeed? WIU ADV  (Read 4254 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The shooting we sNeed? WIU ADV
« on: November 11, 2016, 11:34:32 PM »

Well, well, well... what do we have here? The biggest bunch of fool's gold led by super frosh Xavier Sneed, The Flush, and our guy Wes... OR a season beginning outlier against a bad Summit League team?

I only got to listen, but the aforementioned trio sounded good, as well as Stokes and Johnson. Wade was a bit disappointing and I'm not sold that we have the front court depth we need, but we will see. Certainly, 100% on 7 attempts like we saw in the 2nd half from 3 is not sustainable, but a reasonable improvement from distance could be the single most important cog in the wheel for this year's team to save oscar's job with a NCAA appearance.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: The shooting we sNeed? WIU ADV
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 11:37:47 PM »
1.44 PPP in the second half? :sdeek:

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 11:40:28 PM »
I, personally, think we should continue shooting 100% from the three point line moving forward. JMHO.

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2016, 12:03:15 AM »
Sneed and Brown played well all game
Wes started slow but really played well last 2/3 of game
Wade was pathetic all night. I don't think he had a rebound and didn't hit a FG til late
DJamer 12 boards. Very nice.

Team stats... Happy about our 18-22 FT, our TO% being under 15%, and the obvious great night of shooting from 3pt.   An opponent having both a TO% and OR% right around 25 is also a nice thing to see.

And then watching Ku lose made it an overall fabulous night  :thumbsup:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2016, 12:04:21 AM »
Not surprised that PP has no sense of tsc

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2016, 12:17:15 AM »
wade better not be pillowy soft the rest of the year

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2016, 12:53:44 AM »
The comments from the Amish Broadcasting Network in the Yoder Metroplex. 
Thee Xplosion (Sneed) is going to be a fan favorite.  He is gravy good, a bona fide D5 guy.  You see him in person.
Claws missed his first shots and.just had no confidence; not.a.good game.  Some guy behind me was swearing and.cussing about Dean.
When Deathbite.banged his elbow in a spill, I muttered crap.  But dang he started looking like last year.
The Flush, better than Foster.  Man he has meat on his rack.  He and Westicles are rocks that get a lot done, and it.doesn't seem so.
My biggest conern is the Big Meats.  I thought we would have deep depth.  Meatsaw Love is injured, Bullnuts played he.got sackywhacked, and xWhomper.wasn't there.  Budke.was a top.sub.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2016, 03:58:43 AM »
Great enthusiasm for the Cats guys, sheesh.

Sneed is very good, awesome in fact. He's going to be very hot and cold this year. The guards looked very good on both ends but Western Illinois is hot garbage. I'm still not convinced that Wes will even shoot the ball decently, he took some very terrible shots early.

The backcourt is P5 quality, however and I'm not saying this for effect, this is the worst front court I have ever seen at K-State. We have no depth at all DJamer is as loveable as you would expect, great energy, does everything right, love him. EABOD sys. We have nothing behind or beside him, nothing at all. DJamer is going to have to play like 35 mpg and if be can stay out of foul trouble the minutes will absolutely kill him. I hate to be tough on Bullnuts because if he's made it this far he's undoubtedly busted his ass, but the foul trouble notwithstanding, he didn't even look like he belonged on the court. How many big guys do we even have on the roster? Dean isn't a front court player, no one, including himself, seems to know what he is. We're going to see a lot of Budke.

Offline HELLHAMMER

• Katpak'r
  • BO DARVILLE'S STUNT DOUBLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2016, 07:52:35 AM »
Wade should be starting for Sterling College not KState.
High on Crack, Toting a Machine Gun

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2016, 08:11:58 AM »
http://www.foxsports.com/college-basketball/story/brown-Westicles-lead-kansas-state-past-western-illinois-82-55-11121
Good article.  MIR has a good breakdown.  Deathbite has looked like crap in the two exhibitions, and for much of the first half last night. At the end he showed flashes of old; he found his teeth and scored 11.  Claws I think missed Lowery on the offensive end.  I saw Oscar trying to rile him up but oscar cannot motivate.  Looks like Williams will be back as someone whomped the xWhomper.  Man if we see big minutes of Hot Horndogs we are screeeeeewed.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2016, 08:13:47 AM »
I'm going to need a goEMAW CatsBB nickname cheat sheet. TIA.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2016, 08:18:55 AM »
You realize Sneed and Wes are front court guys?  If we've learned anything about college bball, it's that it's almost advantageous to run 4 guards.

I'm far more worried about consistent pg play, than finding 5-10 of big guy play for DJamer. Plus williams was unavailable and i think maurice will actually be good.

I think we have the guns to avoid the 5+ minute dry spells of last year. That alone gets us 5 more conf wins.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2016, 08:29:51 AM »

6.5 years on this board and I have ripped on Ku several times, so no, you shouldn't be surprised Mo. My hate for them is very strong.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2016, 08:34:43 AM »
The defense and rebounding was markedly improved from exhibition season, too.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2016, 09:16:42 AM »
I agree about the front court, but hopefully we see oscar do a reprise of 2012 (not as talented a roster, obv) and just play 4 guys who can handle the ball and one guy who has to guard the 5.  We will get very little offense from the post, but my biggest concern is rebounding.

Hopefully Claws at least can bang a little on D.  He can't really rebound well and he isn't going to score in the post so we need some of that or his shooting to really elevate to a redic level.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2016, 09:56:14 AM »
Per 100 possession box score. I'll probably do these for every game this year as a change up. Maybe.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 10:44:17 AM by royals&ksu_FAN »

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2016, 09:56:49 AM »

6.5 years on this board and I have ripped on Ku several times, so no, you shouldn't be surprised Mo. My hate for them is very strong.
Screw TSC. Keep doing you.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2016, 09:59:47 AM »
I agree about the front court, but hopefully we see oscar do a reprise of 2012 (not as talented a roster, obv) and just play 4 guys who can handle the ball and one guy who has to guard the 5.  We will get very little offense from the post, but my biggest concern is rebounding.

Hopefully Claws at least can bang a little on D.  He can't really rebound well and he isn't going to score in the post so we need some of that or his shooting to really elevate to a redic level.

Dean needs to channel is inner Shawn Rhodes maybe?

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2016, 10:24:30 AM »

Maybe the best we can hope for is Blair Wilson?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2016, 10:41:09 AM »

Oh man, blast from the past!

WOULD TAKE

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2016, 01:11:49 AM »

You realize Sneed and Wes are front court guys?  If we've learned anything about college bball, it's that it's almost advantageous to run 4 guards.

I'm far more worried about consistent pg play, than finding 5-10 of big guy play for DJamer. Plus williams was unavailable and i think maurice will actually be good.

I think we have the guns to avoid the 5+ minute dry spells of last year. That alone gets us 5 more conf wins.

Sneed and Wes aren't front court guys, lol.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2016, 01:16:02 AM »

I hated him so much, he wore that stupid wristband on his elbow. I wanted to fight that guy.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2018, 10:42:08 PM »
https://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/hazelwood-central-alum-sneed-staying-grounded-as-he-leads-k/article_cfb56586-4d31-51d3-80de-e0ef00a2ebc7.amp.html
This is a great read about Sneed.  He has the potential to be  monster next year if he finds consistency.  Man we are going to be loaded.  Williams is going to bring some humpdog enthusiasm to this team also like Sneed does.