Author Topic: Official Missouri Regrets leaving Big 12 but Tries Really Hard to Justify Thread  (Read 208934 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
All has beens....

I expect OU to fall into that same category sooner than later. I put KSU, KU, and ISU on that list, but you've just never been.....period.

MU calling out OU as a soon-to-be has been? I mean I don't even...

in the last 20 years, MU has beaten K-State head to head, a total of 3 times.  3.  think about that one for a while as you suck down your werther's originals.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
All has beens....

I expect OU to fall into that same category sooner than later. I put KSU, KU, and ISU on that list, but you've just never been.....period.

in the last 20 years, MU has beaten K-State head to head, a total of 3 times.  3.  think about that one for a while as you suck down your werther's originals.

Offline Legit Elite

• Resident Vanier Barber
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
All has beens....

I would rather be a has been than a never been.
Free edge up to defensive starters when opponents held under 10.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I just say a guy in a Mizzou shirt standing on the 12th street bridge looking at the run down building in the West Bottoms with the Big XII logo painted on the side of it. A single tear rolled down his cheek.

man i wish i knew you were down there Abe, i would have had you pick up a package for me that i have waiting at the UPS warehouse on James St.

I was busy going all  :drool: at Restaurant Depot

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
All has beens....

i think you need to do you research

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
All has beens....

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
 :popcorn:
All has beens....

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
this thread has been really embarrassing for me.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Tigerboard is still running about 10-1 ratio on threads where they try and convince each other they don't regret moving.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
Tigerboard is still running about 10-1 ratio on threads where they try and convince each other they don't regret moving.

Yes, it's really sad.  Let's give it a few years and see if they will say the same thing.

I'm still wondering how they plan on filling their stadium post-expansion when they are talking about it going to 80k.  They are a very unsupportive fanbase when their teams are down.  .500 win seasons won't come close to filling an 80k stadium in Columbia.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
So, here's what I don't understand re: FSU & Clemson...

Do they realize the inequities that still exist in the Big Texas Conference? To my knowledge, those have not been fixed. The LHN still exists. 3rd tier rights are still not equally distributed (as they are in the other 3 conferences of the "Big 4" (SEC, Big Ten, Pac 12) as it is now being called).

FSU's president came out with a seemingly appropriate "USE YOUR HEADS, PEOPLE" letter to the Seminole alumni, fans, etc. a few weeks ago. He seemingly "got it" that they would be stepping into a situation of "haves" and "have nots".

So, why does there continue to be smoke...

Rumours continue to swirl and "sources" continue to report that FSU and Clemson will go to the Big Texas.

I guess I'm biased being a Tiger, and we've all seen first hand just how ugly a situation the Big Texas Conference can be. But I cannot fathom why a school (let alone 2 schools) with other seemingly good options would consider stepping into a situation like this and become one of Texas' minions. Especially a school with the history, success, following and support of FSU.

I realize the Big Texas has "stabilized" in recent months and it's not the complete cesspool it was 9 months ago. But I still cannot see a program like FSU willingly stepping in and instantly and forever playing second fiddle to UT (and probably OU). Just very surprising to me that this seemingly is going to happen.

Fight Tiger!
Go Mizzou!

@jdshaw30

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile

Do they realize the inequities that still exist in the Big Texas Conference? To my knowledge, those have not been fixed. The LHN still exists. 3rd tier rights are still not equally distributed (as they are in the other 3 conferences of the "Big 4" (SEC, Big Ten, Pac 12) as it is now being called).

FSU's president came out with a seemingly appropriate "USE YOUR HEADS, PEOPLE" letter to the Seminole alumni, fans, etc. a few weeks ago. He seemingly "got it" that they would be stepping into a situation of "haves" and "have nots".

Rumours continue to swirl and "sources" continue to report that FSU and Clemson will go to the Big Texas.

I guess I'm biased being a Tiger, and we've all seen first hand just how ugly a situation the Big Texas Conference can be. But I cannot fathom why a school (let alone 2 schools) with other seemingly good options would consider stepping into a situation like this and become one of Texas' minions. Especially a school with the history, success, following and support of FSU.

I realize the Big Texas has "stabilized" in recent months and it's not the complete cesspool it was 9 months ago. But I still cannot see a program like FSU willingly stepping in and instantly and forever playing second fiddle to UT (and probably OU). Just very surprising to me that this seemingly is going to happen.

Fight Tiger!
Go Mizzou!

@jdshaw30

Lol.

That's great.  I think my favorite part of the Mizzou butthurt is the Texas enslavement thing they have now all universally adopted for themselves to rationalize their departure.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 05:02:08 PM by wabash909 »
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
I cannot fathom why Missouri of all schools is so Texas butthurt.  Without texas in our conf, MU sure as hell wouldn't be where or what they are now. 

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Missouri still wishes they were Nebraska.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I cannot fathom why Missouri of all schools is so Texas butthurt.  Without texas in our conf, MU sure as hell wouldn't be where or what they are now.

Yea I never really understood this either.  It had nothing to do with Texas when they were first looking at the Big 10.  I think they used it because Nebraska used it (and then A&M jumped on board).

I picture Missouri and A&M as the sidekicks to Nebraska.

NU:  "Your fault Texas!"
A&M:  "Yea...your fault!"
MU:  "Yea!"  Arms Crossed

CU:  Left without saying a word.  Just wanted to play a different game.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Nubb is Nubb and truly doesn't need TX.  A&M is choice #2 for any kid in TX that wants to stay in state, so they don't need TX either.  But MU is rough ridin' MU and they needed the crap out of TX. 

Just silly.

Online ZappaCat

• Fan
    • View Profile

Fight Tiger!
Go Mizzou!

@jdshaw30

I thought that Florida took in a bundle for the Sun Sports Network. Is this any different from the LHN?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Why does MU crap about equally distributing 3rd tier?  MU's 3rd tier isn't worth crap, Texas's is.  Why let 2% of an agreement eff you out of the 98% positive?

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
Missouri still wishes they were Nebraska.

Missouri has always wished they're something they're not.  It's just who they are.  Sort of like St. Louis wishing they were Chicago.
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
What's with all the MU entitlement?  Texas will make money with or without the Mizzou tards.

Offline Scary Smart

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
K-State, FSU, Clemson, West Virginia, Ok State, KU, and TCU
Posted on: May 21, 2012 at 17:04:17 CT
ChicagoPoke OSU

Member For:
11.80 yrs
Level:
User
M.O.B. Votes:
Have all played in BCS Bowls

Some have even made it to the Final 4 once or twice

http://www.tigerboard.com/boards/missouri-tigers.php?message=9666570

This is a pretty great read.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Bitching about Equal revenue sharing on tier three rights reads like the slacker in a group project that bitches that they didn't get the same grade as the people who actually produced.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Bitching about Equal revenue sharing on tier three rights reads like the slacker in a group project that bitches that they didn't get the same grade as the people who actually produced.

Dear TX, we want your 3rd Tier money as well as the 3rd tier recruits we have been taking.

Sincerely,

MU

Sent from my MB611 using Tapatalk

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
K-State, FSU, Clemson, West Virginia, Ok State, KU, and TCU
Posted on: May 21, 2012 at 17:04:17 CT
ChicagoPoke OSU

Member For:
11.80 yrs
Level:
User
M.O.B. Votes:
Have all played in BCS Bowls

Some have even made it to the Final 4 once or twice

http://www.tigerboard.com/boards/missouri-tigers.php?message=9666570

This is a pretty great read.

They seemed to have come to the conclusion that they don't care to play in the BCS or get the stupid giant payout.  Really explains alot about the move to the SEC

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile

2h Joe Schad Joe Schad ?@schadjoe

Les Miles: SEC to look at how money is paid out and relative to income
Collapse

This will REALLY make them regret it.