Poll

Will the "cool" Pinstripe Bowl K-State be on the new field at BSFS?

Yes . . . it's cool.  Currie Prevails.
NO . . . OB Wins again.

Author Topic: BSFS Expansion Thread  (Read 3916717 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Will the "cool" Pinstripe Bowl K-State be on the new field at BSFS?
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2011, 02:52:50 PM »
YOU ARE GOING TO GET IN rough ridin' TROUBLE!  :surprised:

Yesterday, John Currie spoke at the Wichita Bar Association's monthly luncheon meeting. Laird Veatch was also there. The area purple lawyers (and one Judge) were in attendance and we were sporting an array of purple shirts and ties. Bigksufan was wearing a purple tie that glowed so much I almost had to shield my eyes with a pair of sunglasses.

Currie did an excellent job and today an ardent, dyed-in-the-wool, fanatic, almost over the top KU fan/attorney sent me an email and said Currie was "very impressive" and we are in good hands having him "at the wheel". I just picked myself up off the floor to write this message.

Currie presented quite a bit of financial information on KSU athletics and the Big XII. He mixed in an appropriate amount of humor and got a good laugh when he referred to the KSU trained and educated KU Atletic Director.

Of course, someone (female Judge) asked why KSU will not play WSU in basketball and her tone clearly indicated she was a WSU fan and was a bit miffed about why we don't play them. He referred to scheduling issues and, I have to admit, somewhat danced around the question. BTW, all you people in wildcat land, the WSU fans here think they would clean our clocks if we played them at Koch or Intrust arena. We need to make this work and show them they are misguided.

Currie is acutely aware of the power of the internet. Several times he said he was going to tell us something but he first stated he did not want anyone to run to their computer and broadcast it over the internet. The information was not that controversial and I think he was having some fun with us.

Laird Veatch did not speak but did a good job working the crowd before the luncheon started.

We should be proud of both.

also, thank you for making your report on here infinitely better than that long winded pile of no info crap.  

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2011, 02:57:11 PM »
YOU ARE GOING TO GET IN rough ridin' TROUBLE!  :surprised:

Yesterday, John Currie spoke at the Wichita Bar Association's monthly luncheon meeting. Laird Veatch was also there. The area purple lawyers (and one Judge) were in attendance and we were sporting an array of purple shirts and ties. Bigksufan was wearing a purple tie that glowed so much I almost had to shield my eyes with a pair of sunglasses.

Currie did an excellent job and today an ardent, dyed-in-the-wool, fanatic, almost over the top KU fan/attorney sent me an email and said Currie was "very impressive" and we are in good hands having him "at the wheel". I just picked myself up off the floor to write this message.

Currie presented quite a bit of financial information on KSU athletics and the Big XII. He mixed in an appropriate amount of humor and got a good laugh when he referred to the KSU trained and educated KU Atletic Director.

Of course, someone (female Judge) asked why KSU will not play WSU in basketball and her tone clearly indicated she was a WSU fan and was a bit miffed about why we don't play them. He referred to scheduling issues and, I have to admit, somewhat danced around the question. BTW, all you people in wildcat land, the WSU fans here think they would clean our clocks if we played them at Koch or Intrust arena. We need to make this work and show them they are misguided.

Currie is acutely aware of the power of the internet. Several times he said he was going to tell us something but he first stated he did not want anyone to run to their computer and broadcast it over the internet. The information was not that controversial and I think he was having some fun with us.

Laird Veatch did not speak but did a good job working the crowd before the luncheon started.

We should be proud of both.

also, thank you for making your report on here infinitely better than that long winded pile of no info crap.  

John, this is goEMAW. Whether or not you say it, we'll find out.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2011, 02:58:46 PM »
who's Laird Veatch?? Sounds like an STD.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2011, 03:43:54 PM »
Will the words Poet or Warrior appear anywhere on the field?

Definitely no because we don't want ours players to either get hurt or transfer whenever they step on it. :facepalm:

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2011, 03:54:07 PM »
Will the words Poet or Warrior appear anywhere on the field?

Definitely yes, one in each purple end zone.  And a PW cross at midfield.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2011, 04:26:40 AM »
Somebody PM me when they start the process and I'll take some daily spy pics for everybody.  Always like an excuse to walk the dog up to the stadium.

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2011, 06:01:21 AM »
Sources have informed me that Currie won this battle. Snyder did not get his way on the field design. Currie is a keeper
RIP Fatty

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2011, 08:32:22 AM »
This thread is a microcosm of the stupidity of this board.

Thanks, Dax
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2011, 08:57:05 AM »
You'd prefer we all capitulate to Snyder's every antiquated wish?
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline O-town Kat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2011, 09:20:52 AM »
HC should have their $.02 on this kind of stuff but it's AD work. Have become tired of all the -attention to detail- glory OB has gotten over time bc clearly he spends more time on operations and suffocating the public interface than he needs to

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 16, 2011, 02:11:34 PM »
Sources have informed me that Currie won this battle. Snyder did not get his way on the field design. Currie is a keeper

Stormy.  Talk to your inside sources and report back with whether or not it says K-State or the currently Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)
Kansas State and Wildcats with backwards powercat in the other.

Really deep throat the cac out of this for us.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 05:56:57 PM by wabash909 »
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2011, 07:09:20 PM »
Will the powercat at midfield be the thinned-out, emaciated version we have now or will it be a leaner, more intimidating guy?  Or will it be like what we had for a year in the mid-80's, when it was just a purple box with a diagonal K S U from top left to bottom right?  tia.

Offline Do Work Son

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 17, 2011, 11:16:06 AM »
We need to have the sidelines purple as well.  Now, that would be ELITE

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 17, 2011, 11:44:56 AM »
Would be pretty amazing, but only if they picked the right purple.  People affiliated with picking K-State's purple always have had a knack for picking a terrible one.

Offline Boakai

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 17, 2011, 11:49:10 AM »
Would be pretty amazing, but only if they picked the right purple.  People affiliated with picking K-State's purple always have had a knack for picking a terrible one.

Agreed.

Pantone 268 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pantone 266

Offline O-town Kat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 17, 2011, 01:17:37 PM »
Yeah put some ksu colors in my basement can confirm the AD deals in 3 or 4 shades of purp for paint. Got the mix for that dark a$$ shade on the helmet.. Btw my source says the powercat is going to be large at midfield and the field may have that dark purply tint

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2011, 01:20:58 PM »
Yeah put some ksu colors in my basement can confirm the AD deals in 3 or 4 shades of purp for paint. Got the mix for that dark a$$ shade on the helmet.. Btw my source says the powercat is going to be large at midfield and the field may have that dark purply tint

Terrible idea.  But they should definitely make the green darker than what we have now.  KU's green is pretty good.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 19, 2011, 02:21:03 PM »
KnowSportsLand Tanner Knowland
 by robcassidy22@
@robcassidy22 talked with guy who sells turf to KSU last week. He told me coach Snyder wanted Purple turf years ago but scratched the idea.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 19, 2011, 02:44:14 PM »
 by robcassidy22@
@robcassidy22 talked with guy who sells turf to KSU last week. He told me coach Snyder wanted Purple turf years ago but scratched the idea.

He would want that, too.  Under the reasoning it would give some sort of psychological advantage or something.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2011, 05:16:15 PM »
 by robcassidy22@

What a kstatefans-y thing to want.  Fitting, coming from Snyds, I guess.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 20, 2011, 10:24:46 PM »
Kellis says that if you liked the Pinstripe Bowl design, you will really like the new field design.   Design will be unveiled at a news conference this week.

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 20, 2011, 11:05:28 PM »
 :crossfingers:
Good is better than Evil because it's nicer.

Offline ZmoneyKSU

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 21, 2011, 10:55:13 AM »
 by robcassidy22@

He would want that, too.  Under the reasoning it would give some sort of psychological advantage or something.

Remember, OB coached under Hayden Fry at Iowa, when they had the opposing teams locker room painted pink to psyche out the visiting team.

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 21, 2011, 11:06:40 AM »
Kellis says that if you liked the Pinstripe Bowl design, you will really like the new field design.   Design will be unveiled at a news conference this week.

Friday at 12:30. Snyder would not have chosen this design, which means it looks good.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 21, 2011, 11:11:55 AM »

Friday at 12:30. Snyder would not have chosen this design, which means it looks good.

:excited:   :popcorn:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."