Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
JFC, guys.  Why are we content with 3* and lower players?  We are OK with them and Bill, but if we want to consistently compete for a Big12 championship and even think of getting close to the National Championship it will take athletes with elite talent.
Barring our injuries, we would have done that this season, IMO.

Yup, the team was a well oiled machine while healthy in nashville. It was downhill after the injuries.
My opinion is that he has douchebaggery tendencies and it gets old. I've never said he sucks. I liked him up until this year and you're naive if you can't understand why some people get sick of his act. Stop being such a pompous ass and enjoy the victory. Hope everything is ok btw.
Your opinion is well documented itt, and that is not it
Pretty much my opinion on this whole thing, but some of you want to keep swinging.

I'd agree with you if I thought that LHC Bill Snyder is as good of a coach as Urban and Saban, but I don't. Snyder is a great developer of talent, probably the best ever. What he failed to realize is that elite talent can be developed as well. His recruiting philosophy placed an artificial ceiling on his program. I get not wanting to recruit in season to focus on development, but he could have run a more balanced program but he didn't and he shouldn't get credit over coaches who do.

i don't think that Bill is a better coach than Urban or Saban although it would have been very interesting to see what he could have done had he jumped to an elite program in the late 90's (assuming he would have recruited top tier talent...debatable)   I DO think he did something even they might not have been able to do at a place they would have never even considered at any point in their career.

Kstate cat football: Overlords of Iowa State (no big deal) / Re: ROI
« Last post by Trim on Today at 11:06:39 AM »
This thread is about investing in being elite.
Looks to be our next full back. He just decommitted from Bowling Green after visiting us.

No one actually makes that lol
Kstate cat football: Overlords of Iowa State (no big deal) / Re: ROI
« Last post by MakeItRain on Today at 10:34:13 AM »
I'd agree with you if I thought that LHC Bill Snyder is as good of a coach as Urban and Saban, but I don't. Snyder is a great developer of talent, probably the best ever. What he failed to realize is that elite talent can be developed as well. His recruiting philosophy placed an artificial ceiling on his program. I get not wanting to recruit in season to focus on development, but he could have run a more balanced program but he didn't and he shouldn't get credit over coaches who do.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10