Author Topic: Topography Smack 2014: Week 3 - Auburn  (Read 20048 times)

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Topography Smack 2014: Week 3 - Auburn
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2014, 02:23:25 PM »
The racism jokes are pretty bad, too. The thread about the Auburn fan who can afford to attend the game is just terrible in general.

Why be selective? The whole site is rather pathetic. Bless their hearts.

Why you here then, your fedex truck break down?

Offline AU_Tigers

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2014, 02:25:24 PM »
The racism jokes are pretty bad, too. The thread about the Auburn fan who can afford to attend the game is just terrible in general.

Why be selective? The whole site is rather pathetic. Bless their hearts.

Why you here then, your fedex truck break down?

lol

I knew that was coming. And yes, I asked for that.
Just going with the flow of the thread, you know I like it here. I reckon that makes me pathetic also. lol

Offline opticalcarrier

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2014, 02:31:19 PM »
 :sdeek:  is there no line at all here?  extremely crass and zero class to use pictures of murdered people in an attempt to poke fun at an opposing sports team.  I get the ribbing and all but when you use the picture that way you cheapen the lives lost there.  what a completely shitty thing to do.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2014, 02:32:08 PM »
making fun of a state for being racist is fine. Lord knows Alabama has earned it.

making fun of a state for having a lot of Mexicans (is that what that was?) is racist and unacceptable behavior on goEMAW.com

how do you not understand the difference?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2014, 02:32:59 PM »
:sdeek:  is there no line at all here?  extremely crass and zero class to use pictures of murdered people in an attempt to poke fun at an opposing sports team.  I get the ribbing and all but when you use the picture that way you cheapen the lives lost there.  what a completely shitty thing to do.

welcome to Snyder City, Cyberspace, USA.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2014, 02:33:25 PM »

freedom of speech.  you are welcome to PI the crap out of anyone you'd like tho

Offline AU_Tigers

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2014, 02:33:50 PM »
making fun of a state for being racist is fine. Lord knows Alabama has earned it.

making fun of a state for having a lot of Mexicans (is that what that was?) is racist and unacceptable behavior on goEMAW.com

I don't see the difference because I have class.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2014, 02:35:05 PM »

your gf's daughter disagrees

Offline AU_Tigers

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2014, 02:36:11 PM »

your gf's daughter disagrees

Ouch.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 16, 2014, 02:36:21 PM »

well i understand the difference because i went to class

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2014, 02:37:01 PM »

When you have to say you have class, you almost certainly don't.

Offline AU_Tigers

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2014, 02:37:40 PM »

Which one? Acceptable Bigotry 101? That wasn't part of my BSME program.

Offline opticalcarrier

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2014, 02:45:15 PM »

not worth my time.  I dont think you know what "freedom of speech" entails.  Id just have figured that a place should have *some* standards.  In this thread Ive seen that you guys are the real bigots/racists.

Im 100% southern born white bred, engaged to a woman from MX and you guys are rough ridin' assholes.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2014, 02:47:20 PM »

pro-tip: satirizing the racist history of a state is not racism or bigotry

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2014, 02:53:56 PM »

not worth my time.  I dont think you know what "freedom of speech" entails.  Id just have figured that a place should have *some* standards.  In this thread Ive seen that you guys are the real bigots/racists.

Im 100% southern born white bred, engaged to a woman from MX and you guys are rough ridin' assholes.

i used to enjoy white bred when i was younger, now more of a wheat guy

Offline doompaul

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2014, 02:54:10 PM »

I expect it from the Alabama people, but you Cats need to stop acting like babies.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2014, 02:54:56 PM »
can we get an ip check on paul here? i think he is a barner sock trying to make us look bad.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 16, 2014, 02:55:25 PM »

Aside from certain instances. We police ourselves. No one gets banned.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 16, 2014, 02:55:52 PM »

i used to enjoy white bred when i was younger, now more of a wheat guy
BITB for bread BTW

Offline AU_Tigers

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 16, 2014, 02:55:59 PM »

OK....... So labeling current residents of a state, who are way too young to have ever owned slaves or held a fire hose in Birmingham, as slave holding racists is ok?
Then by that thought process we could extrapolate it out to saying black people run around in leopard skins with bones in their noses is ok? Or saying that Native Americans run around scalping people and enslaving white children is fine and dandy? We can take that even farther and ridicule Italians as being Jesus killing heathens?

Sounds legit to me.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 16, 2014, 02:58:42 PM »

OK....... So labeling current residents of a state, who are way too young to have ever owned slaves or held a fire hose in Birmingham, as slave holding racists is ok?
Then by that thought process we could extrapolate it out to saying black people run around in leopard skins with bones in their noses is ok? Or saying that Native Americans run around scalping people and enslaving white children is fine and dandy? We can take that even farther and ridicule Italians as being Jesus killing heathens?

Sounds legit to me.

So, you're saying it's unfair to mention it, because, while racism existed in the south at one time, it has not existed in the American South for an inscrutable period of time?

Offline AU_Tigers

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 16, 2014, 03:02:15 PM »

Sounds legit to me.

So, you're saying it's unfair to mention it, because, while racism existed in the south at one time, it has not existed in the American South for an inscrutable period of time?

Mentioning one's history and what some of your posters are doing is completely different. And you know it.

Also, I find it curious that I have seen far more racism in locations north of the Mason Dixon than I do in the south is ironic.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 16, 2014, 03:03:08 PM »
Well, now that you've mentioned your personal anecdotal experience, that changes everything...  :Wha:

Offline AU_Tigers

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 16, 2014, 03:05:39 PM »
Well, now that you've mentioned your personal anecdotal experience, that changes everything...  :Wha:

Yeah, ok. This is like arguing with the gf. Pointless.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 16, 2014, 03:06:19 PM »
There really isn't anything funny about the South's tragic past.