Author Topic: Are we Auburn's Super Bowl?  (Read 18365 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Are we Auburn's Super Bowl?
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2014, 10:47:59 AM »
Haha so all you people (are ya happy) can say is something about the way my types out what I say? And put a picture of some guys dancing... Maybe you should stick to basketball since you are in the great state of Kansas... oh wait...

Look guys, I have always liked your program. And I will continue to, but let's get real. I understand we are your super bowl. I understand you will probably either win the big 10 (that's basically what you are now) or finish in the top 3 of your conference.  But again,  let's get real... besides Oklahoma and OSU who do you REALLY play? Heck I don't even know if you play those guys. My point is that while this is a GREAT early season game, it's not even the biggest early season game for us. This doesn't mean we are overlooking you (I know the team as a whole isnt,) it's just not THAT important to be considered our super bowl. LSU is our biggest (and most important) early season game. The Alabama game is top dog. Always will be. I am sorry my first post wasn't thought out well, I responded on emotion alone. I do hope that you can see that this one was much better thought out.

Regardless if you do or not there are two points that will NOT change no matter what.

1) you are the 2nd "biggest" game of the early season, NO MO RE

2) Regardless of what "Winters" says, no one is talking about a game in 07, unless it is you guys.

I wish you nothing but the best this season. As long as you have the crypt keeper from "Tales of the crypt" as your head coach, you will always be a formidable foe. Oh and just so you know, calling Snider that was NOT AT ALL a knock on his ability.  Just saying that he probably hung out with Jesus and Mary Magdalen

In the Big 12, everyone plays everyone every year and we crown a true champion. We don't duck half the league like you guys do.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2014, 10:50:06 AM »
Well, somebody's radar beeped. :don'tcare:

Offline auburn2eugene

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2014, 10:50:44 AM »
Haha so all you people (are ya happy) can say is something about the way my types out what I say? And put a picture of some guys dancing... Maybe you should stick to basketball since you are in the great state of Kansas... oh wait...

Look guys, I have always liked your program. And I will continue to, but let's get real. I understand we are your super bowl. I understand you will probably either win the big 10 (that's basically what you are now) or finish in the top 3 of your conference.  But again,  let's get real... besides Oklahoma and OSU who do you REALLY play? Heck I don't even know if you play those guys. My point is that while this is a GREAT early season game, it's not even the biggest early season game for us. This doesn't mean we are overlooking you (I know the team as a whole isnt,) it's just not THAT important to be considered our super bowl. LSU is our biggest (and most important) early season game. The Alabama game is top dog. Always will be. I am sorry my first post wasn't thought out well, I responded on emotion alone. I do hope that you can see that this one was much better thought out.

Regardless if you do or not there are two points that will NOT change no matter what.

1) you are the 2nd "biggest" game of the early season, NO MO RE

2) Regardless of what "Winters" says, no one is talking about a game in 07, unless it is you guys.

I wish you nothing but the best this season. As long as you have the crypt keeper from "Tales of the crypt" as your head coach, you will always be a formidable foe. Oh and just so you know, calling Snider that was NOT AT ALL a knock on his ability.  Just saying that he probably hung out with Jesus and Mary Magdalen

In the Big 12, everyone plays everyone every year and we crown a true champion. We don't duck half the league like you guys do.
Because you guys never did that huh? GTFOH

Offline autryn2

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2014, 10:51:07 AM »
I'm hearing reports that many local businesses are going to be closed on Friday so their employees can go out partying Thursday night. This game is huge to them. It's just too bad those poor souls think they are actually going to win.

:blush:
http://www.auburnalabama.org/PressRelease.aspx?PRID=1256

Offline MadCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2014, 10:53:44 AM »
I'm hearing reports that many local businesses are going to be closed on Friday so their employees can go out partying Thursday night. This game is huge to them. It's just too bad those poor souls think they are actually going to win.

Is ESPN as big a stickler about screen size as the NFL is?

Offline Frankenklein

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2014, 10:54:35 AM »
Finebaum is an idiot. Unless you are bowing and worshipping St. Nick $aban, that guy won't let you finish a sentence.  If Phyllis was an Auburn fan, no one would ever hear from her. He hangs up or talks over any Auburn fan that calls that show. Or at least he used to. I live in Eugene Oregon now, and go to the UO now, so I could care less about that absolute joke of a broadcaster.
When we meet Oregon in the Natty it will be their Super Bowl too

Offline bshea85

• B.S. Esq.
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2014, 10:56:01 AM »
I just love all the charity games that Kstate has been giving out this year.  It's like Grant-a-wish Foundation.  Auburn gets their superbowl along with SF Austin and UTEP.  I just worry though, that Kstate will bore of their charity and just start racking points up on Auburn.  I mean, it's like a Dad dunking a b-ball over his 3 year-old son's head.  I hope we can keep it close, so that Auburn still feels special, even with the L.  But then again, sometimes it's fun to pick on the fat kid during dodgeball...

Offline MadCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2014, 10:57:50 AM »
I just love all the charity games that Kstate has been giving out this year.  It's like Grant-a-wish Foundation.  Auburn gets their superbowl along with SF Austin and UTEP.  I just worry though, that Kstate will bore of their charity and just start racking points up on Auburn.  I mean, it's like a Dad dunking a b-ball over his 3 year-old son's head.  I hope we can keep it close, so that Auburn still feels special, even with the L.  But then again, sometimes it's fun to pick on the fat kid during dodgeball...

I think we should let a cancer kid run in a touchdown on Auburn, if Nebraska will allow it of course.

Offline bshea85

• B.S. Esq.
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2014, 11:00:24 AM »

Auburn, Ala. - Can’t make it to Kansas State? Head downtown to the Gay Street parking lot to watch Auburn on the big screen.

Wait, Auburn has a Gay St.?  Very progressive.  I didn't expect that.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2014, 11:00:49 AM »
Eugene is literally frothing at the mouth with rage. Superbowl confirmed.

Offline autalkinghead

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2014, 11:01:13 AM »

Offline Lizard of Oz

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2014, 11:03:06 AM »
Please call into Finebaum and scream this entire post at him.

Another reason why I don't listen to that crap show because FB would actually allow this to happen.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2014, 11:03:16 AM »

bears are fast...

Offline williamthewildcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2014, 11:04:10 AM »
Yea Eugene is kind of the real life Internet meme of "U MAD"?

Offline bshea85

• B.S. Esq.
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2014, 11:06:14 AM »

Offline autryn2

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2014, 11:06:28 AM »

We couldn't afford anything THAT nice... :facepalm:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2014, 11:07:21 AM »

Offline Lizard of Oz

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2014, 11:07:51 AM »
Not sure about Superbowl, but I am really looking forward to this game. Damn it, it's only Tuesday crap!

Side note: I saw where ya boy D Sproles was ripping crap up last night. He is fun to watch.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2014, 11:08:22 AM »
This is the biggest game in the history of Auburn football.
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline MadCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2014, 11:08:55 AM »
Not sure about Superbowl, but I am really looking forward to this game. Damn it, it's only Tuesday crap!

Side note: I saw where ya boy D Sproles was ripping crap up last night. He is fun to watch.

Isn't he?  :)

Offline autalkinghead

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2014, 11:15:20 AM »

Fear.  I see Fear in this kid's eyes.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2014, 11:17:39 AM »

only one percent of the planet's inhabitants are denied admission to KSTATE. you guys should be thanking us that cam didnt make the cut.

Offline autalkinghead

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2014, 11:23:48 AM »

only one percent of the planet's inhabitants are denied admission to KSTATE. you guys should be thanking us that cam didnt make the cut.

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2014, 12:00:07 PM »
Finebaum is an idiot. Unless you are bowing and worshipping St. Nick $aban, that guy won't let you finish a sentence.  If Phyllis was an Auburn fan, no one would ever hear from her. He hangs up or talks over any Auburn fan that calls that show. Or at least he used to. I live in Eugene Oregon now, and go to the UO now, so I could care less about that absolute joke of a broadcaster.

Squawkstin Beak was really AUstin Beak all along?   :Wha:

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2014, 12:37:51 PM »

Already?