Author Topic: What was it that Frank said to Spradling?  (Read 7152 times)

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: What was it that Frank said to Spradling?
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2016, 12:29:25 PM »
I've never been more disgusted with this board than after I read about how awesome people on here thought it was that Frank wouldn't call Will by his name for the remainder of the season, but instead called him some variation of coward and pussy. Like it really makes me sad.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2016, 12:30:53 PM »
I've never been more disgusted with this board than after I read about how awesome people on here thought it was that Frank wouldn't call Will by his name for the remainder of the season, but instead called him some variation of coward and pussy. Like it really makes me sad.
Coming from people that like to anonymously @ people and piss about on the net. It's rich.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2016, 12:42:41 PM »
Frank is doing a nice job, but its pretty amazing South Carolina is 20 games into their schedule and they haven't played a top 50 RPI team yet and only 1 top 50 kenpom team. And in a power 5 league.
similar to snyder v.1 when the ou and ut sucked ballzzzz

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2016, 12:48:28 PM »
I imagine Frank would love it if others in the conference weren't absolute crap shows. 

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2016, 01:00:11 PM »
why?

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2016, 01:10:47 PM »
Good competition would be good for all.  More exposure in media, more looks in the conf by next year's high talent, etc.  Not that SEC has issue with that now, but they aren't the ACC. 

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2016, 01:20:32 PM »
There's a reason Frank is a lot calmer these days, because his existence in the job he has right now depends on it.   The board at USC has no more tolerance for any more of Frank's psycho bullshit.

Interesting that USC was able to work with Frank and improve his behavior without making him decide he'd rather coach at Florida International instead.
Do you honestly believe that Frank didn't have time to improve his behavior over the time he was here?  As overly involved as ADJC is, do you really think Frank leaving was the result of a one-time incident in his last year? 
And again, I am not against Frank.  Just thought he continually crossed the line.

Well, Dax just said that Frank is a lot calmer these days. His behavior has changed. Clearly USC is doing something that KSU didn't do to help make that happen.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2016, 01:28:01 PM »
Is was at Missouri after he missed a free throw.   Is it possible that he hit Chris Merriweather at OSU?

That was also mizzo

yeah that was 2 years apt. merriwether was 2009/10 and the franking of sprads was 11/12 when angel and dob, dob'd on mizzou

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2016, 01:30:13 PM »
Some people just hate winning
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2016, 01:36:28 PM »
There's a reason Frank is a lot calmer these days, because his existence in the job he has right now depends on it.   The board at USC has no more tolerance for any more of Frank's psycho bullshit.

Interesting that USC was able to work with Frank and improve his behavior without making him decide he'd rather coach at Florida International instead.
Do you honestly believe that Frank didn't have time to improve his behavior over the time he was here?  As overly involved as ADJC is, do you really think Frank leaving was the result of a one-time incident in his last year? 
And again, I am not against Frank.  Just thought he continually crossed the line.

Well, Dax just said that Frank is a lot calmer these days. His behavior has changed. Clearly USC is doing something that KSU didn't do to help make that happen.
Or Frank is doing something different to make things better for himself. 

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2016, 02:30:40 PM »
Good competition would be good for all.  More exposure in media, more looks in the conf by next year's high talent, etc.  Not that SEC has issue with that now, but they aren't the ACC. 

nah.  they're a p5 conference.  frank gets and will continue to get pub especially as his team dominates the sec.
eff competition, how do you think ku has won 90 cc's in a row?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2016, 02:35:07 PM »
Yeah, here's what USC did, "Frank, any more behavior like that (which involved suspensions and reprimands) and your fired".   That was the extent of their "management" of the situation.

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2016, 10:42:27 AM »
So, Frank cannot coach? He's been successful at the high school level, in the Big XII, and in the SEC. Seems weird, considering the "he can't coach crowd" also argue that he can't recruit. With the success he's had you cannot have it both ways. Pick a side.

Supporting the idea that ADJC quit being a micro-managing prick and we try to maintain stability in a basketball program that hadn't had any since the 1980s, does not equal support for Frank continually berating Will (or whoever). All I think most Frankites are arguing is that the end was a case of a power struggle that wasn't necessary and could have been handled internally. The bottom line is Currie and Frank couldn't work together. One probably had to go, given the conditions. Pick a side.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2016, 11:01:11 AM »
he's the best coach in America to never have reached a final four
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2016, 11:11:29 AM »
Yeah, here's what USC did, "Frank, any more behavior like that (which involved suspensions and reprimands) and your fired".   That was the extent of their "management" of the situation.

Too bad we didn't try that.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2016, 11:24:10 AM »
To be the best coach in America "to never reach the Final 4" typically means that over a nearly 10 year head coaching career you've added at least one trophy of significance to the trophy case.   You also take a team lead by Mike Beasley and Bill Walker past the opening weekend of the NCAA tourney.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2016, 11:27:04 AM »
Which coach that hasn't been to a final four is better than frank?

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2016, 11:36:22 AM »
Sean Miller?
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2016, 11:46:15 AM »
Sean Miller?

It appears you have bested me.  I didn't realize Sean was 0/4 in elite 8

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2016, 11:58:31 AM »
If Frank stayed we wouldn't have Willie  cauly, semi ojele or Perry Ellis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2016, 12:00:32 PM »
If Frank stayed we wouldn't have Willie  cauly, semi ojele or Perry Ellis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2016, 12:16:44 PM »
I supervise a fair number of people, and am responsible myself for just under 400.  At no time would it be appropriate for me to call any of them a coward nor use the expletives that Frank used regularly and publicly.  I loved some of his fierceness, but he crossed lines too much for my taste. 
Now, do I wish the team played with more fire? Absolutely.  But there has to be a better way to motivate than just being vulgar with no real correction.  And I use the f-word a ton personally.  Just not with those under my charge.

doing whatever you do and coaching sports are probably not comparable as far as motivating people. unless you are in the military or something. I'm not a fan of being mean to someone just to be mean to them but some people respond to that and some don't. I don't know Will Spradling or Frank personally and don't know how they are motivated but I'm not going to judge a collegiate sports coach for yelling mean things to his own players as long as they have a track record of success and ultimately being respected by the players. I think Frank has both of those things (obviously not universally, but enough).

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 29, 2016, 12:28:04 PM »
yeah coaching basketball is not a real job. But I do think Frank was wrong about how he tried to motivate players in a lot of ways and could have been as effective without telling Will Spradling that he wanted to burn down Will's house with Will in it. But it worked and most of his players seemed to have genuine affection for him (even guys like Dom who he ran off)

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 29, 2016, 12:33:49 PM »
Pullen, Curtis Kelly, JO, Jamar, and other former players instead of coming to Manhattan in the offseason to work out, they are going to Colombia, SC to be with that mean guy that cussed a lot. 

Why can't we get Myers Leonard to come to Manhattan is what i'm saying?

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 29, 2016, 12:35:46 PM »
I supervise a fair number of people, and am responsible myself for just under 400.  At no time would it be appropriate for me to call any of them a coward nor use the expletives that Frank used regularly and publicly.  I loved some of his fierceness, but he crossed lines too much for my taste. 
Now, do I wish the team played with more fire? Absolutely.  But there has to be a better way to motivate than just being vulgar with no real correction.  And I use the f-word a ton personally.  Just not with those under my charge.

doing whatever you do and coaching sports are probably not comparable as far as motivating people. unless you are in the military or something. I'm not a fan of being mean to someone just to be mean to them but some people respond to that and some don't. I don't know Will Spradling or Frank personally and don't know how they are motivated but I'm not going to judge a collegiate sports coach for yelling mean things to his own players as long as they have a track record of success and ultimately being respected by the players. I think Frank has both of those things (obviously not universally, but enough).
You are right about the careers being different. You have some valid points.