Author Topic: What was it that Frank said to Spradling?  (Read 7143 times)

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: What was it that Frank said to Spradling?
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2016, 11:42:51 AM »
From what I gather the argument for KSU getting better and possibly even turning things around this season is two-fold:

1 - We beat Oklahoma State.
2 - We're young, so we can only get better.

JFC. Oklahoma State is not a good basketball team. Young players don't necessarily get any better. The rough ridin' third grade logic that serves to prop up oscar is alarming. A lot of Cats fans would've made good Nazis.

+

And for some reason everyone and their mom got their panties in a bundle when it came out that Will and Will's Dad were mad and considering transferring? So what, Will and maybe a few other weaklings were going to transfer to the MVC. The level of morality policing surrounding Frank coming from our fanbase meant that he was probably going to leave with or without ADJC situation. This is all so frustrating.

+

I supervise a fair number of people, and am responsible myself for just under 400.  At no time would it be appropriate for me to call any of them a coward nor use the expletives that Frank used regularly and publicly.  I loved some of his fierceness, but he crossed lines too much for my taste. 
Now, do I wish the team played with more fire? Absolutely.  But there has to be a better way to motivate than just being vulgar with no real correction.  And I use the f-word a ton personally.  Just not with those under my charge. 

=

Canazi.

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2016, 11:47:50 AM »
From what I gather the argument for KSU getting better and possibly even turning things around this season is two-fold:

1 - We beat Oklahoma State.
2 - We're young, so we can only get better.

JFC. Oklahoma State is not a good basketball team. Young players don't necessarily get any better. The rough ridin' third grade logic that serves to prop up oscar is alarming. A lot of Cats fans would've made good Nazis.

+

And for some reason everyone and their mom got their panties in a bundle when it came out that Will and Will's Dad were mad and considering transferring? So what, Will and maybe a few other weaklings were going to transfer to the MVC. The level of morality policing surrounding Frank coming from our fanbase meant that he was probably going to leave with or without ADJC situation. This is all so frustrating.

+

I supervise a fair number of people, and am responsible myself for just under 400.  At no time would it be appropriate for me to call any of them a coward nor use the expletives that Frank used regularly and publicly.  I loved some of his fierceness, but he crossed lines too much for my taste. 
Now, do I wish the team played with more fire? Absolutely.  But there has to be a better way to motivate than just being vulgar with no real correction.  And I use the f-word a ton personally.  Just not with those under my charge. 

=

Canazi.
Gotta love that. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2016, 11:48:00 AM »
Frank has been reprimanded twice at USC and suspended at least once and  been placed on double mega probation regarding his behavior towards players.

But yeah, Frankites think it's cool.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2016, 11:51:12 AM »

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2016, 11:51:41 AM »
I think Semi hadn't signed yet buy not for sure. 

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2016, 11:52:37 AM »
Frank has been reprimanded twice at USC and suspended at least once and  been placed on double mega probation regarding his behavior towards players.

But yeah, Frankites think it's cool.

Fulcrum.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2016, 11:52:55 AM »
Sounds like Frank needs to keep getting suspended.  I mean, dog crap to #24 ranked in a couple yrs at what was probably the worst SEC bb job.

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2016, 11:55:34 AM »
There's a reason Frank is a lot calmer these days, because his existence in the job he has right now depends on it.   The board at USC has no more tolerance for any more of Frank's psycho bullshit.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
What was it that Frank said to Spradling?
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2016, 11:57:42 AM »
dax, please tell me you read minutes from SC board meetings and stuff :love:

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2016, 11:58:36 AM »
what if dax is a triple mega secret agent on the board? :users:

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2016, 11:59:54 AM »
There's a reason Frank is a lot calmer these days, because his existence in the job he has right now depends on it.   The board at USC has no more tolerance for any more of Frank's psycho bullshit.

Interesting that USC was able to work with Frank and improve his behavior without making him decide he'd rather coach at Florida International instead.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2016, 12:00:11 PM »
dax, please tell me you read minutes from SC board meetings and stuff :love:

No, but a friend and former colleague's BFF sits on the board (of trustees, curators, whatever USC calls them).

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2016, 12:01:23 PM »
The great thing regarding the debate about where (OU/OSU/MU) Frank was inappropriate and abusive is that it was everywhere. You're all correct!

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2016, 12:02:30 PM »

Interesting that USC was able to work with Frank and improve his behavior without making him decide he'd rather coach at Florida International instead.

I'm not defending K-State or Currie here, FYI.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2016, 12:04:36 PM »

Yes, it's amazing when management(AD and coaches) can actually manage those under them rather than just kicking everyone out.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2016, 12:06:54 PM »
Given the fact that he pretty much didn't change one little bit when he first got to USC and was suspended and reprimanded . . . it's an absolute huge leap of faith to think that Frank would have changed while at K-State.   

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2016, 12:07:12 PM »
I just looked at the SEC standings to see if there might be another clue there as to why Frank is calmer, and I see A&M is ranked 5th in the country.  How TF did that happen?

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2016, 12:07:29 PM »
DOUBLE SECRET PROBATION!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2016, 12:08:16 PM »
DOUBLE SECRET PROBATION!

That's why I said it.   Thanks!   :thumbs:

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2016, 12:08:46 PM »
Given the fact that he pretty much didn't change one little bit when he first got to USC and was suspended and reprimanded . . . it's an absolute huge leap of fate to think that Frank would have changed while at K-State.   

That's fixed!

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2016, 12:10:21 PM »

Do you honestly believe that Frank didn't have time to improve his behavior over the time he was here?  As overly involved as ADJC is, do you really think Frank leaving was the result of a one-time incident in his last year? 
And again, I am not against Frank.  Just thought he continually crossed the line. 

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2016, 12:14:31 PM »
Frank is doing a nice job, but its pretty amazing South Carolina is 20 games into their schedule and they haven't played a top 50 RPI team yet and only 1 top 50 kenpom team. And in a power 5 league.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2016, 12:14:46 PM »
USC kenpom SOS 149, 4th lowest in the KPom Top50

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2016, 12:25:44 PM »
Frank Martin was a PURPLE bad person,  and is the reason we have oscar.  His filthy mouth act about got him fired from South Carolina.  He was on the toilet waters of hell ready to be flushed.  People who were trying of him were not pussies.  Being a champion of profanity is not a good coach.  Hugs and Delorme gave him the players that gave him success.  His ability to recruit sucked.  Currie chose the replacement coach who was the opposite of Martin, mild-mannered oscar
New coach who actually coaches instead of just cheerleads, I don't have a problem with this.  It is time we quit idolizing a knothead.