Author Topic: Frankenmeat, the tech engineered meatless meat. Ban this unGodly abomination  (Read 1016 times)

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
God said it's is ok to kill.and it critters.  If someone wants to go squirrel and eat nuts, or berries, or legumes, fine if they are off in the head.  But synthetic meat is wrong and unnatural.
https://wattsupwiththat.com/2017/12/20/silicon-valley-frankenmeat-to-save-the-world-from-global-warming/

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Does is it say in the Bible that it's wrong?

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
Once it goes to taste test and no one can really tell the difference and there is not actual difference biologically to real meat, good bye most ranchers (though I don't think that'll happen for a decade or two)
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Once it goes to taste test and no one can really tell the difference and there is not actual difference biologically to real meat, good bye most ranchers (though I don't think that'll happen for a decade or two)

It is not possible to make meat-flavored mashed vegetables that are not actually different biologically to real meat, so I doubt we see it over the next decade or two.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Reno hates the free market more than anyone I know

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
We ban people labellin rat poison as food.  No difference in my mind. 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Ok Stalin

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

It is not possible to make meat-flavored mashed vegetables that are not actually different biologically to real meat, so I doubt we see it over the next decade or two.

It maybe a different company, but I think one is working on essentially cloning meat.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

LOL your timeline. I do think it will be viable eventually though.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 09:23:55 AM by wetwillie »
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I really doubt cloning meat will ever be more viable that the current system. Meat-flavored substitutes could be, but you’d see a backlash from folks who want to eat less processed food.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Thanks said, it probably would be better if raising animals for meat was a more “craft” type market than it is now.