Author Topic: Schedule  (Read 9122 times)

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Schedule
« on: April 17, 2014, 08:34:06 AM »
Like wtf is this thing.  5 Saturdays between September and November that the Cats won't even have a game.  2 Thursday games.  Giant woof.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Schedule
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 10:30:35 AM »
What crawled up your underwear this morning?
@Trogdor_gE

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 10:38:23 AM »
Extra time before Auburn and OU sounds good to me.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline SEK_EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 10:42:37 AM »
I don't understand the hate towards Thurs night games.  What's not to like about a couple of 4 day weekends revolving around Cats football?

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 10:43:05 AM »
Having 1 Saturday with no game in the fall sucks enough, what am I gonna do with 5 of them?  That's all.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 10:44:01 AM »
Having 1 Saturday with no game in the fall sucks enough, what am I gonna do with 5 of them?  That's all.
Party your ass off and cheer for teams that are playing OU and Baylor.  :emawkid:

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2014, 10:47:01 AM »
I also like Saturday games, 2xmeow.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2014, 10:54:37 AM »
When we don't play on Saturdays I make a ton of food and sit on my ass all day watching football. It's pretty awful, guys.

Offline UCHADBRO

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2014, 10:57:23 AM »
I prefer the Saturday games. The Thursday Auburn game makes it highly unlikely that I can get off of work to attend  :surprised:

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2014, 11:08:02 AM »
I'm fine with Thursday Auburn, I'll have a 4 day weekend.  But still, I'll wake up Saturday mornings, watch gameday, and know that my Cats have no game to look forward to that day TIMES 5.  Seems rediculous to me and makes me sad.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2014, 11:09:19 AM »
I prefer the Saturday games. The Thursday Auburn game makes it highly unlikely that I can get off of work to attend  :surprised:
My manager knows there is no way in hell I'll be there that day or on Friday. He's already marked it in his calendar. It was part of our negotitation when I was hired on. That being, this job can get bent when K-state is playing.  :D

Offline daBish7

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2014, 11:26:54 AM »
The schedule is fine except for the auburn game.

The Big Train

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2014, 11:29:00 AM »
I don't understand the hate towards Thurs night games.  What's not to like about a couple of 4 day weekends revolving around Cats football?

they are rough ridin' stupid

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2014, 11:49:51 AM »
rough ridin' christ, how can you not take off work for a game with six months notice.

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2014, 11:59:11 AM »

they are rough ridin' stupid

other weekday night games tho, mainly tuesday
@Trogdor_gE

The Big Train

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2014, 12:01:29 PM »
rough ridin' christ, how can you not take off work for a game with six months notice.

never said that, I just don't like weekday games, yeah good exposure and all that but I dont like it :don'tcare:

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2014, 12:13:00 PM »
I like a schedule that puts the cats in great position to win a butt load of games. I think this schedule does that. I will have to wait 2 more years to watch the cats play in WV becasue of the Thursday night game*, but whatever. Just WIN 'EM ALL!

*(Not going to WV for a night game and getting myself killed or raped.)

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2014, 12:17:15 PM »
I like a schedule that puts the cats in great position to win a butt load of games. I think this schedule does that. I will have to wait 2 more years to watch the cats play in WV becasue of the Thursday night game*, but whatever. Just WIN 'EM ALL!

Yeah, our schedule (not counting home/away) is about as good as you can have it. Our presumably two toughest games have over a week of preparation prior to them.

But the reason I don't like Thursday games is that the tailgating isn't the same. Tailgating is half of what makes football so awesome (IMO)

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2014, 12:20:50 PM »

Yeah, our schedule (not counting home/away) is about as good as you can have it. Our presumably two toughest games have over a week of preparation prior to them.

But the reason I don't like Thursday games is that the tailgating isn't the same. Tailgating is half of what makes football so awesome (IMO)
Yes, tailgating is better on a Saturday. Also, thanks for clarifying about the home/away portion not being accurate as it relates to my comment. Some other people would have made fun of me becasue we don't have a great schedule for home/away. We have a great schedule for where our bye weeks and extended breaks are.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2014, 12:22:36 PM »

never said that, I just don't like weekday games, yeah good exposure and all that but I dont like it :don'tcare:

someone said that, good grief.

Offline MouseRat

• Mall Santa/Amateur Surgeon
  • Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
  • Pound £*#%ing sand!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2014, 12:36:33 PM »
I definitely enjoy watching Thurs night games as long as it isn't the cats.  I'm guessing Auburn was all in on a Thurs night road game at the bill knowing over half the fans would have to take off work early and travel 2, 3, maybe even 4 hours just to make kickoff.  However, I think Ah-burned! is going to learn a hard lesson about K-State loyalty on this particular Thursday night.
I’ve started to kind of hate people, and it’s not because I have anything against them. It’s just, I enjoy it. It’s recreation.
-Louis C.K.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2014, 12:38:30 PM »
GOOD GRIEF!

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2014, 01:09:36 PM »
I definitely enjoy watching Thurs night games as long as it isn't the cats.  I'm guessing Auburn was all in on a Thurs night road game at the bill knowing over half the fans would have to take off work early and travel 2, 3, maybe even 4 hours just to make kickoff.  However, I think Ah-burned! is going to learn a hard lesson about K-State loyalty on this particular Thursday night.

Does anyone remember if the atmosphere is greatly affected by Thursday night games? I remember skipping a few important classes to make the Thursday night Nebraska game, but I dont remember if it was a less enthusiastic crowd.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2014, 01:12:27 PM »

Does anyone remember if the atmosphere is greatly affected by Thursday night games? I remember skipping a few important classes to make the Thursday night Nebraska game, but I dont remember if it was a less enthusiastic crowd.

we got absolutely obliterated and IIRC I called for Snyder's retirement that night so it may have been less enthusiastic than other big games.

Offline MouseRat

• Mall Santa/Amateur Surgeon
  • Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
  • Pound £*#%ing sand!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2014, 01:34:48 PM »

we got absolutely obliterated and IIRC I called for Snyder's retirement that night so it may have been less enthusiastic than other big games.

Attendance won't be a problem for the students who I'm certain will be in good spirits :beersmiley:.  Not sure the same can be said for all the KC and Wichita cats who (regrettably) have to be back at work the next day. 
I’ve started to kind of hate people, and it’s not because I have anything against them. It’s just, I enjoy it. It’s recreation.
-Louis C.K.