Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3145268 times)

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is hurting
« Reply #11475 on: February 15, 2015, 11:24:41 PM »
Why won't you validate our facilities?  :cry:

The new basketball practice facility is really nice, and your stadium addition looks great from inside the stadium.  I'm just not a big fan of the exterior.  Vanier 2.0 looks great and will probably tie everything together, just like Lebowski's rug really tied the room together.
Thanks, pal. :D

#TheWesIsTheFuture

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11476 on: February 16, 2015, 06:42:52 AM »
There's only one reason why Phogistan is going to "cheer" for K-State.   Please.

Phogistan:  Only TSC if it helps ku.

Offline Reboulet

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11477 on: February 16, 2015, 08:38:57 AM »
 :ohno:

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2015/feb/15/beaty-refines-ku-recruiting-pitch/

Walk-ons rising

While Beaty’s first class of scholarship players included just 24 new Jayhawks, the list of high school athletes interested in giving it a go in Lawrence was nearly twice as large as that number. Because of that, Beaty was able to encourage several of those uncommitted guys — particularly the in-state guys — to commit to Kansas as preferred walk-ons.

Back in December, when Beaty first met with the local media and talked about his plans for Kansas, developing a strong walk-on program was something he emphasized. In the weeks that followed, rather than focusing solely on the open spots in the signing class, Beaty continued to mine KU’s recruiting hubs for untapped potential and came away pretty pleased with what he found.

“It’s coming along great,” Beaty said of the walk-on program. “That’s a real advantage for guys that might be just a hair off of what they want to be to be a Division I player. Like I said before, there’s more than 25 guys in the state of Kansas and throughout the country that want to come to Kansas and play Division I football. We have an opportunity that’s a little bit unique right now that some people look at as a disadvantage. I look at it as an opportunity for some guys. I can’t speak about anyone or anything other than the guys that we signed, but I’m very pleased with the progress of that program.”

Beaty and the rest of the KU coaching staff are not allowed to talk about any unsigned players until they are enrolled on campus. Because of that, it’s hard to know exactly who the future walk-ons will be until they are on the roster and working with the team. Even then, their spot is not set in stone, as several former walk-ons have been added to or dropped from the roster throughout the spring, summer and fall.

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #11478 on: February 16, 2015, 08:40:35 AM »
Is beems swallowing pills again? Good grief  :facepalm:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11479 on: February 16, 2015, 09:04:35 AM »
I don't think there is a single poster with more of gE.com wrapped around his finger than Beems.

I wish we had more KU posters over here, I truly do.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11480 on: February 16, 2015, 09:04:54 AM »
Walk-ons Rising

Mystery Awaits

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11481 on: February 16, 2015, 09:08:53 AM »
:ohno:

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2015/feb/15/beaty-refines-ku-recruiting-pitch/

Walk-ons rising

While Beaty’s first class of scholarship players included just 24 new Jayhawks, the list of high school athletes interested in giving it a go in Lawrence was nearly twice as large as that number. Because of that, Beaty was able to encourage several of those uncommitted guys — particularly the in-state guys — to commit to Kansas as preferred walk-ons.

Back in December, when Beaty first met with the local media and talked about his plans for Kansas, developing a strong walk-on program was something he emphasized. In the weeks that followed, rather than focusing solely on the open spots in the signing class, Beaty continued to mine KU’s recruiting hubs for untapped potential and came away pretty pleased with what he found.

“It’s coming along great,” Beaty said of the walk-on program. “That’s a real advantage for guys that might be just a hair off of what they want to be to be a Division I player. Like I said before, there’s more than 25 guys in the state of Kansas and throughout the country that want to come to Kansas and play Division I football. We have an opportunity that’s a little bit unique right now that some people look at as a disadvantage. I look at it as an opportunity for some guys. I can’t speak about anyone or anything other than the guys that we signed, but I’m very pleased with the progress of that program.”

Beaty and the rest of the KU coaching staff are not allowed to talk about any unsigned players until they are enrolled on campus. Because of that, it’s hard to know exactly who the future walk-ons will be until they are on the roster and working with the team. Even then, their spot is not set in stone, as several former walk-ons have been added to or dropped from the roster throughout the spring, summer and fall.

This is going to be so interesting to watch.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #11482 on: February 16, 2015, 09:23:45 AM »
I don't think there is a single poster with more of gE.com wrapped around his finger than Beems.

I think they see beems getting worked over constantly and decide against it. :frown:

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11483 on: February 16, 2015, 09:32:08 AM »
Is beems swallowing pills again? Good grief  :facepalm:
:nono:

#TheWesIsTheFuture

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #11484 on: February 16, 2015, 09:37:01 AM »
I don't get the parking lot hatred.  Parking on asphalt is a lot better than parking in someone's yard. 

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11485 on: February 16, 2015, 09:40:44 AM »
I don't get the parking lot hatred.  Parking on asphalt is a lot better than parking in someone's yard.

that setting, tho

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11486 on: February 16, 2015, 09:44:27 AM »

I don't either, especially when it is more $$ the AD can make off of people.  KU doesn't make $$ off of yard parking.  Plus, it is kind of nice to have a dedicated spot every week near people that were strangers but now are your tailgate buds. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11487 on: February 16, 2015, 10:35:51 AM »

I don't either, especially when it is more $$ the AD can make off of people.  KU doesn't make $$ off of yard parking.  Plus, it is kind of nice to have a dedicated spot every week near people that were strangers but now are your tailgate buds.

Of course it is.  All big time football programs have parking lots around their stadium.  That's the point

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11488 on: February 16, 2015, 10:40:27 AM »

I think they see beems getting worked over constantly and decide against it. :frown:

Nope.  They see mouth-breathing morons like yourself running the place, and they decide not to participate.  goEMAW started out as a place where non-tuck K-State fans could discuss their favorite sports teams, and now it's a place where butthurt morons come to hate on KU.  I'm bored with it, and I think others are too.  Honestly, I'd be surprised if this message board survived another five years.

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #11489 on: February 16, 2015, 10:41:52 AM »

Nope.  They see mouth-breathing morons like yourself running the place, and they decide not to participate.  goEMAW started out as a place where non-tuck K-State fans could discuss their favorite sports teams, and now it's a place where butthurt morons come to hate on KU.  I'm bored with it, and I think others are too.  Honestly, I'd be surprised if this message board survived another five years.

:jerk:

Offline POWL

• Combo-Fan
  • just sayin....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11490 on: February 16, 2015, 10:43:42 AM »

:jerk:
ok boyz, I get to keep this one  :excited:
Beems 2015 - "Honestly, I'd be surprised if this message board survived another five years."

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #11491 on: February 16, 2015, 10:45:16 AM »

The Big Train

« Reply #11492 on: February 16, 2015, 10:45:41 AM »
so its our fault you guys counted your spring game as a win?

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #11493 on: February 16, 2015, 10:49:41 AM »
Rendering v. Old Photos of the Parking Lot

:Rusty:
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11494 on: February 16, 2015, 10:58:24 AM »

GTFO then.  There is one thread where people mock the ku football program.  The same ku football program that is the worst in the conference and probably the country and has been for several years.    If that is such a huge problem then the internet isn't for you.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #11495 on: February 16, 2015, 11:01:54 AM »

GTFO then.  There is one thread where people mock the ku football program.  The same ku football program that is the worst in the conference and probably the country and has been for several years.    If that is such a huge problem then the internet isn't for you.
Dagger to Beems heart.  :surprised:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #11496 on: February 16, 2015, 11:02:49 AM »
or did Beems just loose a finger.  :cool:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11497 on: February 16, 2015, 11:02:58 AM »

:eek:

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11498 on: February 16, 2015, 11:06:14 AM »

This is why you don't have any KU posters.  None of you guys can handle criticism when it's thrown back in your face.  You immediately tell anyone who calls you guys out to "GTFO."  All you want is a safe haven where you can circle jerk each other without having to answer for why you're a bunch of hateful pricks.  You have turned goEMAW into a cult.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #11499 on: February 16, 2015, 11:07:08 AM »
 :emawkid: