Author Topic: The Royals  (Read 4682871 times)

Spaces and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The Royals
« Reply #31375 on: December 12, 2014, 01:47:17 PM »
Stop it idiots. Without Shields last year, we don't make the playoffs. Without Billy, we don't win the Wild Card game, and the run lasts about 3 hours. But that doesn't mean this team can't get back to the playoffs without them. The production can be found other places and we can absolutely make it back to the playoffs.

That's my point, and I fully expect that production to come from the guys who stepped up in the postseason
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 01:50:52 PM by joda »

Online kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31376 on: December 12, 2014, 02:40:25 PM »
Stop it idiots. Without Shields last year, we don't make the playoffs. Without Billy, we don't win the Wild Card game, and the run lasts about 3 hours. But that doesn't mean this team can't get back to the playoffs without them. The production can be found other places and we can absolutely make it back to the playoffs.

These guys think the only way teams improve is by signing free agents, there is no possible way that our young players will improve. 

Online kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31377 on: December 12, 2014, 02:43:17 PM »
I'm so rough ridin' tired of the Johnny come lately royals fans

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31378 on: December 12, 2014, 02:48:07 PM »
Shut up Kat Kid. You absolutely do not get to tell me how to be a fan.

You're right.  I was offering advice.  If you want to embrace a loser mindset, that is all on you.  I'm glad you own it at least.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31379 on: December 12, 2014, 02:53:13 PM »
look, you can live in kansas and be a detroit tigers fan if you want.  but everyone is going to hate you for it.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31380 on: December 12, 2014, 02:53:49 PM »
Shut up Kat Kid. You absolutely do not get to tell me how to be a fan.

You're right.  I was offering advice.  If you want to embrace a loser mindset, that is all on you.  I'm glad you own it at least.

Yes being patient before melting down when it is freaking December, 2 months after a pennant, is a loser mindset.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31381 on: December 12, 2014, 02:55:02 PM »
I mean, if we signed Melky tomorrow, added some league average starter, I'd argue our 2015 roster at the beginning of the season would be better than our 2014 roster was.

OH MAN WHAT A LOSER I AM

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31382 on: December 12, 2014, 02:56:22 PM »
Nobody is melting down. I only see people pointing out that the Royals had better make some sort of move if they don't want to finish 3rd or 4th in the central next season.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31383 on: December 12, 2014, 02:58:54 PM »
I mean, our bullpen is:

Frasor
Hoch
Herrera
Finnegan
Holland
Davis

with some combo of Collins/Coleman/Coleman/ for the 7th and possibly 8th spot.

Our defense is without question the best in the American League. We need a RF and another starter. We are in great shape.

LOSER MENTALITY

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31384 on: December 12, 2014, 02:59:30 PM »
Nobody is melting down. I only see people pointing out that the Royals had better make some sort of move if they don't want to finish 3rd or 4th in the central next season.

Are you dumb enough to believe that the starting RF for opening day 2015 is on our roster already? Because I am not that dumb. Luckily its December 12 so they still have a teeny tiny window of time to make a move.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #31385 on: December 12, 2014, 03:01:05 PM »
 :lol:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31386 on: December 12, 2014, 03:02:03 PM »

Are you dumb enough to believe that the starting RF for opening day 2015 is on our roster already? Because I am not that dumb. Luckily its December 12 so they still have a teeny tiny window of time to make a move.

We need a starter a whole lot more than we need a right fielder, CF3. This team has a lot of work left to do.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31387 on: December 12, 2014, 03:03:21 PM »

We need a starter a whole lot more than we need a right fielder, CF3. This team has a lot of work left to do.

crap they better get on it then. Opening day is tomorrow!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31388 on: December 12, 2014, 03:04:13 PM »
Gordon in left, Dyson in center, Cain in right really doesn't scare me that much, fwiw.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31389 on: December 12, 2014, 03:05:08 PM »
Gordon in left, Dyson in center, Cain in right really doesn't scare me that much, fwiw.

As long as we never face a left handed pitcher all year this will work splendidly.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31390 on: December 12, 2014, 03:06:09 PM »
Maybe you should chill out and stop melting down, CF3. The World Series was just a couple of months ago.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #31391 on: December 12, 2014, 03:09:00 PM »
Maybe you should chill out and stop melting down, CF3. The World Series was just a couple of months ago.

fwiw I got really sad about game 7 for no good reason like an hour ago, so this crap lingers.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31392 on: December 12, 2014, 03:11:28 PM »
Should people just not discuss offseason moves, what they want the Royals to do, etc because there is still time left? Do you take the same approach to football/basketball recruiting and the NFL draft? Getting to the World Series seems like a really weird reason to lose interest in the offseason.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31393 on: December 12, 2014, 03:11:59 PM »
melky doesn't make sense if he can't dh.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #31394 on: December 12, 2014, 03:13:35 PM »
I think it's totally normal to get excited/unexcited by moves that are going on out there in the free agency market. What fun would it be not to? Sorry I wanted to make a push for certain guys and cf3 is telling me i'm crazy for doing so. Sheesh.  :dunno: This guy thinks he invented being a fan.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31395 on: December 12, 2014, 03:14:55 PM »
since they got the dh only dh, i'd rather them just try colon as a utility fourth outfielder or trade/sign another glove first outfielder to platoon with dyson.  spend the money on pitching.

sounds like they're going to try and do something with 2nd base.  kinda scares me.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31396 on: December 12, 2014, 03:17:11 PM »
melky doesn't make sense if he can't dh.

I think Melky costs too much, but he would be a clear upgrade in right field. Assuming we can't afford both, I'd rather get a pitcher who can eat a lot of innings. Somebody like Guthrie would probably be good enough, but I think Guthrie is a whole lot better than he gets credit for and finding somebody else who can do what he can for a bargain price might be difficult imo.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31397 on: December 12, 2014, 03:18:44 PM »
I'm not melting down because I'm worried about the Royals. I'm melting down because several of you are idiots and taking up my valuable time modding this thread.

I think it's totally normal to get excited/unexcited by moves that are going on out there in the free agency market. What fun would it be not to? Sorry I wanted to make a push for certain guys and cf3 is telling me i'm crazy for doing so. Sheesh.  :dunno: This guy thinks he invented being a fan.

Should people just not discuss offseason moves, what they want the Royals to do, etc because there is still time left? Do you take the same approach to football/basketball recruiting and the NFL draft? Getting to the World Series seems like a really weird reason to lose interest in the offseason.

I'm as interested as ever. But criticism is unwarranted at this point.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31398 on: December 12, 2014, 03:20:18 PM »
Criticism is always warranted.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31399 on: December 12, 2014, 03:23:06 PM »
Kat Kid can get right on a boat and sail down the river. Saying I HAVE A LOSER MENTALITY? Nope. No sir. I will not allow it.